+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I believe that once you applied for PR, visiting visa can be granted to your spouse. Government created 10 years multiple visa for parents, how about spouses?
we ideally need a spouse supervisa granted as soon as the couple married or at least a visa for those who pass the processing time for any reason. Let along 1.5 times the processing time and more than one year.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Please let me know your ideas about this letter:
June 5th, 2017

Re: spouse sponsorship living outside Canada – Ankara Visa Office- 1.5 times normal processing , more than a year

Dear Honorable David Johnston,Governor General,

Thank you for visiting western Canada and University of Alberta. As my sister had the opportunity to meet with you as the winner of the fountain design competition for the new university building you are opening during your visit, I thought to pass this important message to you through her.

We are more than 30 educated and professional Canadian Citizens/PR (mostly women and mostly Iranians) sponsoring our spouses to come to Canada under the family sponsorship program to start our family life. The citizens/residents of Turkey, Iran, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Jordan are assigned to the Canadian visa office in Ankara, Turkey. The normal processing time as mentioned on the Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada website is 8 months for Iran. We all have passed the normal processing time and our spouse applications have been in background check/security screening for 7-8 months despite the fact that they all have passed the criminality and have no criminal records. And our total processing/waiting time is so far 1.5 times the normal processing time and more than a year.

As you know professionals especially young professionals and students in Canada are only entitled to 2-3 weeks of vacation in a year and in order to keep showing we can undertake the sponsorship duties we have to keep our job in Canada. So this has caused most of us only to be able to live with our spouse for a maximum 2-3 weeks with within a year. Most of us are working for Canadian companies/universities and don't have an option to get a transfer to another branch either and we keep contributing to the Canada's success by all means.

We have already approached our member of parliaments and sent emails to the minister of immigration office and the Prime Minister but the Prime Minister office forwarded our emails to the minister of immigration and the MPs and minister's office replied back to us that as the files are in security check it is out of their control.

We understand it is important for Canada to check everyone completely but there should be a deadline for CSIS and other agencies to get back to IRCC about the background check in a timely manner. Also there is an immigration rule for giving a visitor visa to someone with a dual intent. If security check is taking so long our spouses should at least be able to get a visitor visa to let us live together. But the officers are asking for proof of property and large investment in the residency country to make sure the applicant will go back after the visitor visa expiry and reject the applications without these documents. But being young professionals we still don’t have a property neither in Canada nor in any other country (especially considering there is no mortgage available like Canada in other countries). But our spouse has a genuine dual intent and if the PR will not be issued at the end we all have to go out of Canada including the Canadian/PR sponsoring spouse.

We appreciate if you can follow up and contact the minister and Ankara's consul.

Here is my personal file # and details and my MP contact
Marilyn Gladu, MP, Ontario

And the list of MP’s who have similar constituents applying to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada via the Ankara visa office (for privacy reason I am only disclosing the MP names but the MPs have the file# and details of the applicants)

Honorable Ahmed D. Hussen MP, Minister of Immigration
Majid Jowhari, Canadian/Iranian MP, Richmond Hill
Alexandre Boulerice, MP, Montreal
Helene Laverdiere, MP, Montreal
Terry Duguid, MP, Manitoba
Tan Geng, MP, Toronto
Thomas Mulcair, MP, leader of NDP, Ottawa

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
As some of you may already know The Governor general of Canada is visiting western Canada and will be at University of Alberta on June 6th and my sister won an award and is invited to attend a meeting with him. I am hoping she can pass this letter to him. I posted the letter on the forum to get your idea. I will include my name and file #. If anyone else like I can mention their MP name too if not I will just try to pass the message to him on behalf of all of us. He is the representative of the Queen (His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston). You may check the event here:
https://www.gg.ca/events.aspx?lan=eng

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
The letter is very good.
I think, the visitor visa may help for short time, but it can not really solve our problem. They have to finalize our cases as soon as possible.
They have to be able to monitor security check process and shorten this stage. 6 to 7 months in security check process is too long, especially for people like us that have not had any criminal backgrounds.
It would be nice if you can add at least one or two sentences about that they should put the deadline for security check process and give us a time frame for maximum processing time.
Please add my name in your letter as well. if you need more detail of my case let me know

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
The letter is very good.
I think, the visitor visa may help for short time, but it can not really solve our problem. They have to finalize our cases as soon as possible.
They have to be able to monitor security check process and shorten this stage. 6 to 7 months in security check process is too long, especially for people like us that have not had any criminal backgrounds.
It would be nice if you can add at least one or two sentences about that they should put the deadline for security check process and give us a time frame for maximum processing time.
Please add my name in your letter as well. if you need more detail of my case let me know
Thank you for your input I will revise the letter. Please keep reading it till end of today. I will just put your MP and I think that should be enough. Unless if other people want to sign it and then we have to scan the signatures and put them there with full names. But I think for privacy just MP name will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: manitobagirl

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
shall I include pregnancy and babies concerns too and tax ;)?
Is the title good enough?
As the meeting is tomorrow let me know as soon as possible if you wish to add your MP and I have to send the letter to my sister to print it.

Last edited:

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
shall I include pregnancy and babies concerns too and tax ;)?
Is the title good enough?
Yes I agree. We would like to start our family soon and have a baby. We are loosing too much time because of this too long process. As you know somebody are pregnant and need to have all family together when the baby is born.

Reactions: strength2

Naghmeh

May 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
07-april-2016
Yes I agree. We would like to start our family soon and have a baby. We are loosing too much time because of this too long process. As you know somebody are pregnant and need to have all family together when the baby is born.[/QUO
As some of you may already know The Governor general of Canada is visiting western Canada and will be at University of Alberta on June 6th and my sister won an award and is invited to attend a meeting with him. I am hoping she can pass this letter to him. I posted the letter on the forum to get your idea. I will include my name and file #. If anyone else like I can mention their MP name too if not I will just try to pass the message to him on behalf of all of us. He is the representative of the Queen (His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston). You may check the event here:
https://www.gg.ca/events.aspx?lan=eng
Thank a lot for taking the time. i completely agree . please add my name . and if you suppose the mp name can be also effective .please put it. as mina said they have to give us the specific deadline for the security process .

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Guys,

Do you know where in Vancouver I can go to complain or ask for my husband's status?
Or do you guys know if there is a law/clause that says CIC must give their final decision within the max certain time?
Maybe it is time to go public. You can submit your story to the CTV News here. CTV News is the one covering the people crossing Manitoba border to Canada over the last couple of months. One of their main reporter is Jill Macyshon. Just click on submit a new tip on the top middle of the page.
for example this report
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/caught-on-camera-manitoba-u-s-border-sees-record-weekend-for-illegal-crossings-1.3333321

and to the Global NEWS
http://globalnews.ca/pages/contact-us/

Last edited:
Reactions: manitobagirl

mhj_1991

Jun 4, 2017
Dear mhj please keep in mind most of us are young professionals and we still don't have a house neither in Canada nor in any other country (and not every country has mortgage system like Canada). But even though I don't have a house or large investment in Canada I always come back to Canada because I am working here. Same thing for our spouses being stuck out of Canada. If they had properties and investments they would apply for PR under investment category but they are simply coming here because of us. Most of them are not even that much fan of Canada and are just doing this because of their spouse. They are mostly professionals and they can come here as a visitor for sabbatical to do research with Canadian universities and at the end if they don't get PR we will all have to move out of Canada even the citizen/PR spouse. And ofcourse they can show they have money to stay as visitors in Canada and they stay with their spouse so they don't have to pay for hotel or food and they have return ticket to go back to their work in their current country of resident.
We as sponsor have to stay in Canada to keep our job and to show we will continue to be able to sponsor our spouse and in Canada you are only entitled to 2-3 weeks of vacation as young professionals so it is not fair at all for a couple to be together only 3 weeks in the whole year (pls put yourself into our shoes) plus it is very expensive for us to go back and forth every time. We are mostly working for Canadian companies and paying tax for many years and we see other Canadians and refugees are making and expanding their families and using child benefits, free schools, etc based on our tax money and yet we are not able to start a family and this is a real discrimination specially against women because they have age restrictions for bringing healthy babies. If you talk to our family doctors, colleagues and friends they can tell you how much down we are at the moment and how unhealthy it is to live apart. Thank you for your understanding and compassionate.
I completely understand your concerns, I'm like you but I've not started the process yet. I just wrote what I've been told. I really recommend you not to mention such things... specially announcing or indicating that your spouses have no intrest in moving to Canada. One more thing I'd like to add, Security process contains searching for net activity of applicants. Of course you know and will consider it.
I deeply wish all of you hear good news in this month...

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I completely understand your concerns, I'm like you but I've not started the process yet. I just wrote what I've been told. I really recommend you not to mention such things... specially announcing or indicating that your spouses have no intrest in moving to Canada. One more thing I'd like to add, Security process contains searching for net activity of applicants. Of course you know and will consider it.
It is good that you are reading the forum for a while before you start the application and now you signed to be able to post.Try to submit an application as complete as possible like us but don't be surprised if they lose your medical or PC and ask you to send it again and again. Of course our spouse has interest in moving to Canada permanently because his/her spouse is here but I meant they are not the people who die for coming to Canada for many years and only became interested since the destiny brought them to a marriage with a Canadian and are doing this because of their spouse. Marriage does not understand borders and it is not at your hand (politicians and IRCC have to understand this and stop torturing families). How many years have you/your spouse been living in Canada? How much taxes have you paid so far? It is not fair that you come to work every day and work for the biggest Canadian companies and devote yourself to Canada and Canada will be indifferent about your spouse and take its time. What does it mean that security has no deadline? If I have a task to do at work I have lots of pressure and stress on me to finish it on time. If they need more people let them add a job opening in Ankara with minimum wage and I will apply for it and there are so many unemployed Canadian professionals who love to work for the government and for IRCC or let them increase the application fee from 500 to 5000? Why so many discriminations against people getting married with non-Canadians. Love doesn't know border.
What is the diff btw parents and spouse? They have to trust we are not criminal and illegal people if PR will not be granted at the end of visitor visa we all have to move out of Canada including the Canadian spouse.
Also how Canada issued PR to people who walked from US to Manitoba borders illegally in couple of months? Who were they? What was their background in US itself? Did they had any legal documents? Who finished their security checking so quick. If you follow the news everyday and increase your knowledge you will never defend IRCC or the Canadian government in this issue. Thank you for your wishes and I wish you all the best with your application as well. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions with the application.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Based on the finalized cases (2nd sheet of the file) there are records from March showing applicants got PPR march 7, 9, 20, 21 and there were total of 5 applicants from applyabroad who got PPR on March and couple of more from the Persian telegram. We have no news since March (nothing whole April and May based on these online forums and groups maybe embassy was busy with visitor visas as summer is here and more tourists for Canada). June 6th office hour is over in Anakara. Lets hope June 7th will bring some news. Something has to change on June. # Go Canada Go #

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi mhj,

welcome to this forum. For start you can read the guides very carefully and if you have any questions, you can ask here. Everybody would be happy to help you. But it seems you have good and complete information. I have not hear that the net activity is also included in security screening.
I wish it is true and the CIC and Ankara office really search in this forum to hear our voice, to understand which stressful situation we are.
For one year, checking my e-mail several times a day, and seeing no result is very frustrating and disappointing. We cannot plan for our life.I do not know how long I am going to stay in this situation.
I really hope your case straightforward and get your result soon.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Everyone Please check your myCIC account it seems they have updated the page for everyone since yesterday. Now the applicant name shows on the top and the applicant UCI# in front of it. Please note sponsor UCI is different from the applicant UCI. The UCI on top of the letter (AOR) which you first received with the file # is the sponsor UCI. UCI is a unique number for every immigrant and will stay with you till you will become a citizen. So the sponsor's UCI is shown on his/her study permit/work permit/PR card/citizenship certificate, etc and is also shown on the AOR. Also if you use UCI to log into ECAS it only works with the sponsor's UCI. You could only have the applicant UCI if you ordered gcms notes but now this UCI number is added to myCIC so that every applicant has it regardless of having gcms notes or not.
Also there is a line added for biometrics below the Interview line but in details it says " We do not need your fingerprints we will send you a message if things change" similar to what it says in front of Interview for those who are not called for an interview yet. Hopefully they will not ask for biometric and they continue to accept foreign police certificates which is based on applicant's fingerprints.

Can all nationalities please check if biometric is added in their myCIC?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
myCIC also says
Review of additional documents and details say we need additional documents to process your application. Check your message below for details but there is no message below.

Even for medical results it says you do not need a medical exam which is wired because my spouse already passed the medical exam.

It may be a system error. I will check myCIC again tomorrow. Eligibility, medical and documents is messed up right now.

Last edited: