+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Yes, we are all in the same mess. Ankara did not tried for people and no one to complain. I read that they have to finalize most applications by December, 2017. I hope it is true. Too many promises, no actions.We just have to wait.

mhj_1991

Jun 4, 2017
Hi everybody, I've read lots of your posts and hope you all get your visas as soon as possible. As you all did not consider about your cases, is the criteria of your spouse, I tought it maybe necessary if I add some. Means according to your spouse age,job,income and... they rate the cases into priorities. And also one other importance, is how you filled the forms, what kind of docs you attached to your files. You should have imagined yourself in their shoes if you were them, would you get satisfied while checking the forms and attached files?

I'm sure you also have read this section in CIC as well:
Things that delay processing
The following may delay processing:

• missing signature on application forms
  • unclear photocopies of documents
  • documents not sent with a certified English or French translation
  • verification of your information and documents
  • a medical condition that may need more tests or consultations
  • a criminal or security problem
  • consultation is needed with other offices in Canada and abroad

Wish you best of the best...

Last edited:

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Hi everybody, I've read lots of your posts and hope you all get your visas as soon as possible. As you all did not consider about your cases, is the criteria of your spouse, I tought it maybe necessary if I add some. Means according to your spouse age,job,income and... they rate the cases into priorities. And also one other importance, is how you filled the forms, what kind of docs you attached to your files. You should have imagined yourself in their shoes if you were them, would you get satisfied while checking the forms and attached files?

I never knew that my husband has to meet criteria to migrate to Canada. He is my spouse what else he has to meet? and regarding forms, I paid lawyers to complete my application and made sure we have no mistakes. I know the job at v/o office it's not an easy job, but that's what people sighed up for. Nobody felling sorry for spouses here in Canada, that has to work full-time job, pay taxes and have no communication with visa office. And the worse is to be apart from your spouse and not knowing when it's going to be the end to this nightmare. Nobody sees that people are falling into depression because of this visa process time. Why the Government can not issue visiting visas for spouses while they are waiting for PR? This is what we have to talk about.

Reactions: strength2

mhj_1991

Jun 4, 2017
I never knew that my husband has to meet criteria to migrate to Canada. He is my spouse what else he has to meet? and regarding forms, I paid lawyers to complete my application and made sure we have no mistakes. I know the job at v/o office it's not an easy job, but that's what people sighed up for. Nobody felling sorry for spouses here in Canada, that has to work full-time job, pay taxes and have no communication with visa office. And the worse is to be apart from your spouse and not knowing when it's going to be the end to this nightmare. Nobody sees that people are falling into depression because of this visa process time. Why the Government can not issue visiting visas for spouses while they are waiting for PR? This is what we have to talk about.
Criteria for processing time, not for enterance or refusal. If your husband has a firm root(as investment, properties,...) in his own country, he can apply for visiting visa. But he must make the officer sure that he'll return. In most cases the spouse can't assure the officer he/she will leave the CA even if they'll have been refused. While the person with propertis and good status in his/her country is returning by visa expiring date.

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

Thanks for sharing this information. But me and some other cases here stuck in security check for long time.
My case passed the sponsorship approval, medical and the eligibility process within 4 to 5 first months. they did not ask any additional documents and even I did not have interview. if we have problems in signatures, forms or other documents, they definitely ask us to resent for them. I submitted my case May 2016. The sponsorship approved within 1.5 month and medical and other stages finished by Oct 2016.
Since Nov 2016 my case is in security check process (6 months!!!!!!). I know this information from MP.

I think they do not efficiently work . As I know they have a powerful police check system, and they can find anybody back ground within few days. Just imagine if I was criminal, within 6 months I could live happily without any disturbing by police. I can not believe they need 6 months to check my background.

They keep the couples separate as their poor actions. They can at least give us an exact time frame that we can plan our lives. we do not how long we should stay in this stressful position, one week, one months, another 6 months.....!!!!!!

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Criteria for processing time, not for enterance or refusal. If your husband has a firm root(as investment, properties,...) in his own country, he can apply for visiting visa. But he must make the officer sure that he'll return. In most cases the spouse can't assure the officer he/she will leave the CA even if they'll have been refused. While the person with propertis and good status in his/her country is returning by visa expiring date.
Well it simply means if my husband is poor in his country, but has a good job he can not visit. Mean time we are opening doors to those who cross the border illegally and I pay for it from my taxes.
I do not understand why Ankara is very slow and does not communicate with the applicants. They could have created some kind of website or services for additional fees. I don't mind paying to know where I stand. Instead of paying to the lawyers, I would have paid directly to the visa office.

mhj_1991

Jun 4, 2017
Well it simply means if my husband is poor in his country, but has a good job he can not visit. Mean time we are opening doors to those who cross the border illegally and I pay for it from my taxes.
I do not understand why Ankara is very slow and does not communicate with the applicants. They could have created some kind of website or services for additional fees. I don't mind paying to know where I stand. Instead of paying to the lawyers, I would have paid directly to the visa office.
Visiting visa process is completely different in compare with immigration. You asked why they don't let your husband to be with you during the processing time,(by visiting visa of course) it must pass as normal. No country let a passanger in, but proving he/she has enough money while staying in requested period; and also has enough documents that make officer sure he/she will come back by expiry date of visa.
I have no idea about your case, and I do wish you finaly have your husband next to yours.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
I believe that once you applied for PR, visiting visa can be granted to your spouse. Government created 10 years multiple visa for parents, how about spouses?

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
mhj_1991 you don't sound like a newbie. If you know that much tell us how long security check usually take to complete? We really stuck in security checks. And again most cases are husbands, wives are landing in Canada within 3-6 mounts.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Guys,

Do you know where in Vancouver I can go to complain or ask for my husband's status?
Or do you guys know if there is a law/clause that says CIC must give their final decision within the max certain time?
Have you contacted your MP?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020

Hi mhJ_1991. Thank you for your interest in our forum and reading and following our posts. I always recommend to the lawyers, members of parliament, IRCC officers, politicians, Ambassadors and consuls, Minister of Immigration, Prime Minister, doctors or any members of public to read these things to be aware of what is happening around them in Canada. I know you are trying to calm us down but your language looks like the Ankara officers language when they copy paste generic/pre maid replies to people's enquires. I want to emphasis that most of us are highly educated, professionals who have been living in Canada for many years so every year we have to fill tax forms and other governmental forms and we went through our own PR and citizenship applications and our parents supervisa/PR application and our other family and friends/classmates applications. So by now we are like a professional lawyer. Still some people also used lawyers to make sure the package is complete. But despite this the fact that Ankara ask one applicant two consecutive times (every 1.5 month) for a police certificate despite the fact that the certificate and translation is provided in the main package means there is lack of filing and administrative tasks in the visa office. And of course now they are understanding the system inefficiency and I believe applications after 7 Dec 2016 is asking applicants to upload scan of all these documents online to omit the chance of VO losing them. Plus most of us are stuck at security for 7-8 months now and there is nothing wrong with documents. Thank you and please keep reading our posts and conveying our issues to other people who may be able to help.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Dear mhj please keep in mind most of us are young professionals and we still don't have a house neither in Canada nor in any other country (and not every country has mortgage system like Canada). But even though I don't have a house or large investment in Canada I always come back to Canada because I am working here. Same thing for our spouses being stuck out of Canada. If they had properties and investments they would apply for PR under investment category but they are simply coming here because of us. Most of them are not even that much fan of Canada and are just doing this because of their spouse. They are mostly professionals and they can come here as a visitor for sabbatical to do research with Canadian universities and at the end if they don't get PR we will all have to move out of Canada even the citizen/PR spouse. And ofcourse they can show they have money to stay as visitors in Canada and they stay with their spouse so they don't have to pay for hotel or food and they have return ticket to go back to their work in their current country of resident.
We as sponsor have to stay in Canada to keep our job and to show we will continue to be able to sponsor our spouse and in Canada you are only entitled to 2-3 weeks of vacation as young professionals so it is not fair at all for a couple to be together only 3 weeks in the whole year (pls put yourself into our shoes) plus it is very expensive for us to go back and forth every time. We are mostly working for Canadian companies and paying tax for many years and we see other Canadians and refugees are making and expanding their families and using child benefits, free schools, etc based on our tax money and yet we are not able to start a family and this is a real discrimination specially against women because they have age restrictions for bringing healthy babies. If you talk to our family doctors, colleagues and friends they can tell you how much down we are at the moment and how unhealthy it is to live apart. Thank you for your understanding and compassionate.

Last edited:

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018

Thank you for listing the criteria but we know everything about it.
Whenever office is missing signatures, forms or any other things, they always ask for it within first couple of months, it doesn't take a whole year! In terms of my case, my husband even attended the interview back in December and he brought ALL missing documents and was told that everything is good! But here we are, stuck in unknown security check when we don't even have red flags:(
ALL of us here are stuck only because of security check, it's a complete torture! Yes, I understand CIC/Ankara has to do their own checks and screenings but it's way more than enough time to check!
I'm upset and very disappointed that Canada keeps families apart for such a long time...
strength2 is 100% correct!

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Together we are united.:)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Happy June. Hopefully this month will bring some news. I am combining the list of impatient waiters who passed the processing time from the Persian telegram group with our list. I made a separate sheet for 2017 applicants. Already 20 people on the 2016 list. I think we will be at least 30. It is a long weekend in Iran and some have not replied yet. There are 338 members of parliament in total and 30 members means almost 10% of that. Each member represents average of 80,000 Canadians. So 30 members mean 2.5-3 million Canadians. These 30 members should be able to bring our voice to the responsible and set a meeting with the immigration minister to do something about the Ankara VO. Please unite and put down your MP/lawyer name. I hope we don't have to go through it but we should have a list ready for a month or two from now just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: mehdisk