+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
mona_momeni said:
Hi friends,

Yesterday I got my gcms notes. I had previously mentioned that my travel history includes 1 year in Canada and 3 weeks in US (as well as a couple of days in Turkey and UAE). It seems that I am done with elligibility, medical and criminality. They are all passed since Nov. 23. However, my due date is May 22, 2017 :-X :'( and I guess I am stuck with security check in US.

There is also a section called Info Sharing in my file with Type: Biographic, Partner: US, Status: NRT (No reportable trace). I don't know what is this about and why US is a partner in this case (maybe Canada policy in the immigration process?).

Does anyone know if there is a 0 in front of some fields, it means it is irrelevant to my case? For example, there is EE Eligibility section with all fields equal to 0, or something called HIRV with HIRV: 0, etc.

In my personal information in the beginning of the file, after Can Communicate French, and Level of education, I have NOC: 9914000, and Occupation: New Worker. Are these fields familiar to anyone?

And I have a note in my file on Nov. 23, it says relationship accepted, rcmp nrt, clear pc, see education. I know rcmp is Canada police and they did a background check and it's Ok. But I can't figure out "clear pc see education."

The next note is for Dec. 12, it is General with Restricted: No fields as other ones, but there is no text. It's odd why officer created a note file but didn't write anything there.

Sorry this is rather long. I will be thankful if anyone can point me out to important sections of the note, maybe there are more info there where I haven't been able to decipher yet.

Thank you. Wish the best for everybody.
Most of us have the same things that you described. As far as I know, 0 means good, and I have 0s in those places as well.
Personal information has just basic details of you like occupation etc.
As for your last note, I have exact same note but dated December 29th. As per my notes, that's when they completed criminality and started security screening.
I personally don't really trust due dates, because your file might be completed way before or after the due date.
What do you have under security? And do you have security screening activities?

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
For those of you who were waiting for March 24th for me, I just checked ECAS and it still shows in process and no change. 5 months of security screening by today. Lets see if anything happens next week.
One of my friends was suggesting we should go public about this and maybe someone will hear our voice.
The only thing I can think of doing is to order my 3rd GCMS notes next week to see if they have done anything on the file, which I doubt it.
I will wait till SMirio and Manitobagirl get their GCMS notes next week and update us.
It's brutal to do this to us :( We all want to be reunited with our loved ones as soon as possible but here we are, not knowing what's going on...
There was a petition posted somewhere here on the forum, but not sure if it's going to help much.
Contacting MP for status update and ordering GCMS are the only ways to let Ankara know we're concerned and of course to find out at least something about our cases.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Mona thank you for sharing. I have 0 too but I don't know the meaning
same thing for MOc# and new worker
clear pc means clear police certificate
Dec 12 they may have written something in front but they wipe it out for security sometimes before they send you the note

mona_momeni said:
Hi friends,

Yesterday I got my gcms notes. I had previously mentioned that my travel history includes 1 year in Canada and 3 weeks in US (as well as a couple of days in Turkey and UAE). It seems that I am done with elligibility, medical and criminality. They are all passed since Nov. 23. However, my due date is May 22, 2017 :-X :'( and I guess I am stuck with security check in US.

There is also a section called Info Sharing in my file with Type: Biographic, Partner: US, Status: NRT (No reportable trace). I don't know what is this about and why US is a partner in this case (maybe Canada policy in the immigration process?).

Does anyone know if there is a 0 in front of some fields, it means it is irrelevant to my case? For example, there is EE Eligibility section with all fields equal to 0, or something called HIRV with HIRV: 0, etc.

In my personal information in the beginning of the file, after Can Communicate French, and Level of education, I have NOC: 9914000, and Occupation: New Worker. Are these fields familiar to anyone?

And I have a note in my file on Nov. 23, it says relationship accepted, rcmp nrt, clear pc, see education. I know rcmp is Canada police and they did a background check and it's Ok. But I can't figure out "clear pc see education."

The next note is for Dec. 12, it is General with Restricted: No fields as other ones, but there is no text. It's odd why officer created a note file but didn't write anything there.

Sorry this is rather long. I will be thankful if anyone can point me out to important sections of the note, maybe there are more info there where I haven't been able to decipher yet.

Thank you. Wish the best for everybody.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Ahmelina23 said:
Most of us have the same things that you described. As far as I know, 0 means good, and I have 0s in those places as well.
Personal information has just basic details of you like occupation etc.
As for your last note, I have exact same note but dated December 29th. As per my notes, that's when they completed criminality and started security screening.
I personally don't really trust due dates, because your file might be completed way before or after the due date.
What do you have under security? And do you have security screening activities?
Thank you very much Ahmelina for giving those hints. Yes I have several sections for security screening. The first one comes in Admissibilities. It has a subcategory with type: Security Screening, but the space below is blank. There are only Instruction to/from partners fields in this part, both having value 0.

Next mention of security is in Application section. I can see a field for type: security. It's value is updated from Not started to Updated. There is no date for this but it comes between two subsections on Nov. 23, and all the other ones are older. So I guess my security must have been started since Nov. 23.

Finally and under Activity section, the most recent two activities are for Security Screening, still with no date fields. There are an older status for Security Screening with value Not Started on Nov. 23, and yet an older one with status value Security and no date.

In the Assessments I have blank space in front of Security because they are not done with it yet.

I don't think there is much left to Ankara to speed up my case at least. I am almost sure that they are waiting for response from security agencies probably in US. The Assessment of other parts has taken them only 2.5 month. I feel helpless. Hope it all turns the best for all.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
Hi Mona thank you for sharing. I have 0 too but I don't know the meaning
same thing for MOc# and new worker
clear pc means clear police certificate
Dec 12 they may have written something in front but they wipe it out for security sometimes before they send you the note
Hi strength2, thank you for your hints. Yes, that seems very likely that the note should have been wiped for security reasons. I too really hope you are done with security stage and this long waiting is finished very soon.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Thank you Mona. New travel bans again Iran nationality in place in US and not issuing any visitor visa to Iranians and all these issue maybe an extra cause that why Us may take longer time to finish your security. but I hope it comes soon for all of us. It seems Iran is fast with women security check and that's why all women got visa is 3 months or so. But I don't know what is Ankara VO policy if a government like Iran or Russia never comes back to them about the men. These governments generally don't exchange info with others for their own security reason.

mona_momeni said:
Hi strength2, thank you for your hints. Yes, that seems very likely that the note should have been wiped for security reasons. I too really hope you are done with security stage and this long waiting is finished very soon.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
Thank you Mona. New travel bans again Iran nationality in place in US and not issuing any visitor visa to Iranians and all these issue maybe an extra cause that why Us may take longer time to finish your security. but I hope it comes soon for all of us. It seems Iran is fast with women security check and that's why all women got visa is 3 months or so. But I don't know what is Ankara VO policy if a government like Iran or Russia never comes back to them about the men. These governments generally don't exchange info with others for their own security reason.
I don't know if they ask Iran's feedback for security checking. I think the police certificate from iran will do it all. If there are any sensitivity, it can be on some governmental organizations in Iran. I have seen that US will ask where male applicants have done their service (e.g. in army or s-e-p-a-h) in their interviews. Having worked for such organizations usually extends the applicant's clearance time (like governmental offices, oil/gas/military jobs). That's all I know.

However, for the concern you have about the Ankara policy, I personally think that if there are such obstacles in the way for processing the application of such countries, they will not accept them in the first place. Or, they do not wait for such a long time before they inform the applicant about it. I mean this must be a very clear thing in their hierarchy of security checking process (what to do if they can't have info they need for approval of applications) and not something that they want to decide about it on the go and in a case-by-case basis.

Please don't worry. Hope you get good result very soon.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What do you think might be the reason that my husbnad's case is in security screening for five months now and no news? Where can it be stuck (is it Iranian government)? What is Ankara waiting for? He did 2 month compulsory military and the was assigned to a steel production company as he was an educated engineer. How do you say I should not worry while the processing time is 8 months and I will finish 10 months of waiting?

One of my friends suggested we should all go public about this here in Canada and talk about discrimination, unfairness, etc.

I think we should definitely sign a petition or go public if we don't hear by end of April.

mona_momeni said:
I don't know if they ask Iran's feedback for security checking. I think the police certificate from iran will do it all. If there are any sensitivity, it can be on some governmental organizations in Iran. I have seen that US will ask where male applicants have done their service (e.g. in army or s-e-p-a-h) in their interviews. Having worked for such organizations usually extends the applicant's clearance time (like governmental offices, oil/gas/military jobs). That's all I know.

However, for the concern you have about the Ankara policy, I personally think that if there are such obstacles in the way for processing the application of such countries, they will not accept them in the first place. Or, they do not wait for such a long time before they inform the applicant about it. I mean this must be a very clear thing in their hierarchy of security checking process (what to do if they can't have info they need for approval of applications) and not something that they want to decide about it on the go and in a case-by-case basis.

Please don't worry. Hope you get good result very soon.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
What do you think might be the reason that my husbnad's case is in security screening for five months now and no news? Where can it be stuck (is it Iranian government)? What is Ankara waiting for? He did 2 month compulsory military and the was assigned to a steel production company as he was an educated engineer. How do you say I should not worry while the processing time is 8 months and I will finish 10 months of waiting?

One of my friends suggested we should all go public about this here in Canada and talk about discrimination, unfairness, etc.

I think we should definitely sign a petition or go public if we don't hear by end of April.
Don't get me wrong, I have no offence. Who doesn't know that 10 months is such a long time? I have no idea what is best to do. The fact is that I am worried about my case too, as I know that you guys have already passed 8 months so there's no guarantee for when it is going to be finalized when it is in security screening whatsoever. Don't take any offence please. When I say don't worry, I am just telling it to you as a friend, just because of you and also to make it easier for all of us who share this difficulty to pass one more day, or week, or month. I am just an applicant like others, nothing beyond that dear. And the other thing is that I can't be as sure as you about discrimination in this case. I think we don't have enough ground or statistics to draw such a conclusion. I guess there is a reason that for some of us there are longer security checks. Of course we need to know if everything is Ok and in track. If you wanted to sign a petition that makes Ankara being more responsive, I am in, but I am not convinced about discriminating policies or so.

And one last thing, I have decided to apply for a tourist visa, even with rejection possibility. All the best for you and all other friends.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:

Hey hon
I know how you feel and believe me my heart cant take this anymore, I'm so frustrated and upset , it almost 10 months since I applied and still nothing, I called ankara they said the same thing again that with the situation in Iran and Iran and turkey it's taking a bit longer which is whole a lots of shit, I said this situation should be for everyone no only for men applicants, but they don't care really and us, we can't do anything about it, I'm so pissed, I was hoping that something will change on your file on Friday Don't know what to do

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Hello everyone. Strenght2- i feel your pain, we are all stuck. Ok your husbands ( Sara Joon) is from Iran, but what about ours? Mine is from Georgia, and i know Ahmelina23 husband is also from a different country than Iran. And we are all still waiting, it doesn't matter from which country. All i know it is a pure discrimination against our husband's. Wife's are getting green lights.I will wait a bit, then we have to start doing something about this.
Anyways, i got my GCMS notes. It does say that my MP called v/o and was updated on a file.And what i have noticed: Eligibility - passed, Due date 2017/08/22.Same under criminality and security- it has a due date, which we did not have it before.
Under Security ( blank ) page and in the right upper corner s.15(1), s.19(1).. And i am not sure what application 2 and 3 for.
Anyways it is confusing to read it.My assignment due date is April 13,2017. I don't want to put hopes on that date, i will watch and see. I am sick and tired of the whole process, but i am planning to go and see my husband in Georgia again. As i promise my husband every 3-4 months until this hell is over.
Ladies, keep praying. God will answer

KITJ

Mar 19, 2016
Guys,always read the last page of your GCM notes,cuz it gives yoy all details you need to know about your application,like in my case on the last page was the detailed note of officer and he/she was waiting for bio dara page of my husband new passport and supplemantary travel form but for some,the note was for January 31th but for some readon they'd forget to sent us the doc request and we sent all the docs and the day after they received them they sent us that damn email for docs request ,so don't trust them keep ordering your gcm notes and read it carefully

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Sara Joon said:
Hey hon
I know how you feel and believe me my heart cant take this anymore, I'm so frustrated and upset , it almost 10 months since I applied and still nothing, I called ankara they said the same thing again that with the situation in Iran and Iran and turkey it's taking a bit longer which is whole a lots of *censored word*, I said this situation should be for everyone no only for men applicants, but they don't care really and us, we can't do anything about it, I'm so pissed, I was hoping that something will change on your file on Friday Don't know what to do
Hey, so you actually got a hold of someone at Ankara's office? They didn't want to provide any information about your case?
If they said that there is some uneasiness between Turkey and Iran at the moment then Iran is probably not responding to Ankara if Ankara requested more documents (which they most likely did). But for some reason it doesn't impact wife cases, only husband cases which is ridiculous!

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Hello everyone. Strenght2- i feel your pain, we are all stuck. Ok your husbands ( Sara Joon) is from Iran, but what about ours? Mine is from Georgia, and i know Ahmelina23 husband is also from a different country than Iran. And we are all still waiting, it doesn't matter from which country. All i know it is a pure discrimination against our husband's. Wife's are getting green lights.I will wait a bit, then we have to start doing something about this.
Anyways, i got my GCMS notes. It does say that my MP called v/o and was updated on a file.And what i have noticed: Eligibility - passed, Due date 2017/08/22.Same under criminality and security- it has a due date, which we did not have it before.
Under Security ( blank ) page and in the right upper corner s.15(1), s.19(1).. And i am not sure what application 2 and 3 for.
Anyways it is confusing to read it.My assignment due date is April 13,2017. I don't want to put hopes on that date, i will watch and see. I am sick and tired of the whole process, but i am planning to go and see my husband in Georgia again. As i promise my husband every 3-4 months until this hell is over.
Ladies, keep praying. God will answer
Husbands from Iran, Georgia and Russia/Azerbaijan are still waiting and none of us understands why it's taking so long :(
It's just heart breaking...incredible torture :(
Could you please clarify, so under Security you have a due date?! That's something new, I didn't have a due date under security when I received my notes a month ago. What's your security due date if you don't mind sharing?
I said it many times...don't put your hope on due dates, because you can get PPR before or after the due date. If everything is complete before the due date then you should receive PPR before it ends.
I keep on praying everyday and I have a feeling that this torture will be over soon!

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Sorry Ahmelin23 for confusion. I have due date for Eligibility, Medical and criminal check. Not for the security.
Eligibility due date 22/08/2017. Criminality 22/08/2017. Medical 01/07/2017.
Just to let everybody know what my lawyer advised, it's to keep sending prof of relationship (chats, photos,plane tickets) even though you pass eligibility. Kind of keeping you file current.
Also i have a question about s.15(1), some people say it's pass security but some say it's just area that will be protected under privacy act. How often they review files???. Hope someone knows