+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
just throwing in my two cents here, if your wife speaks decent enough English she should attempt to do it on her own, in my opinion they are also trying to see if she can speak the language I know its stressful my husband went through it, just be confident they are not trying to trick you, they have a job to do and if your honest there will be no issues, on another more positive note our ECAS finally changed to medicals received, inching closeser..... :)

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
em.ma said:
just throwing in my two cents here, if your wife speaks decent enough English she should attempt to do it on her own, in my opinion they are also trying to see if she can speak the language I know its stressful my husband went through it, just be confident they are not trying to trick you, they have a job to do and if your honest there will be no issues, on another more positive note our ECAS finally changed to medicals received, inching closeser..... :)
well' she understands English very well but issue is that you don't know what kind of interview you will get right? For someone like me who been here more than 20 years it is easy but for someone like her who doesn't speak English often it is
a bit hard, and beside I told her to mention before the interview starts that she is ok with English and the only reason she brought an interpreter was to be on safe side . Grats for news on your file updates by the way

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Absolutely its stressful, my husband English was self taught so he was nervous also, but like I said before they are not there to mess you up if your genuine and answer honestly shouldn't be any problems, English is their second language also so im sure they can sympathise with that.

We have been waiting almost 16 months... patience is a virtue :)

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
em.ma said:
Absolutely its stressful, my husband English was self taught so he was nervous also, but like I said before they are not there to mess you up if your genuine and answer honestly shouldn't be any problems, English is their second language also so im sure they can sympathise with that.

We have been waiting almost 16 months... patience is a virtue :)
16 months for sponsorship? Just in visa office or whole process?? Holy sun of god :eek:

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
we went to the lawyer and they said they cant do anything about my husbands police certificate im close to being rejected ive been waiting almost 9 months i cant beleive this is hapening i have 14 days left! I cant eat or sleep god help us we sent them another email and they are not responding

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
lina123 said:
we went to the lawyer and they said they cant do anything about my husbands police certificate im close to being rejected ive been waiting almost 9 months i cant beleive this is hapening i have 14 days left! I cant eat or sleep god help us we sent them another email and they are not responding
Hi lina123' try this link to upload your document directly to their e-case site.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara&_ga=1.262011721.597401091.1431622083

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
You guys are so lucky id rather wait another 10 months than get back my forms :( and get rejected and do them all over again we dont have much money right now either and we spent so much on those forms :( i need to die now

lampp

Jun 1, 2015
Peyman.ch said:
Hello Lampp' They don't let the sponsor to accompany or translate at all and they don't have any interpreter in embassy either, I even tried to translate for someone else and as soon as they checked my name in their system they told me , I am sponsor to my wife and I am not eligible as interpreter. My wife knows English very well but because I didn't want her to miss anything and get stressed I called an Iranian firm and they arranged one and he charged 100$ in case you need his number let me know. Regarding the questions even though they had all the documents proving our legit marriage they required originals but in interview they didn't check any of them and the only thing they kept and checked was my receipts for monthly support. They had asked lots about me like who my friends are and where do I live and how many room I have and what kind of car I am driving and in addition all kind of questions about my previous marriage and how many times we have been together and where. Her interview was on Tuesday and I was checking CIC site for any update till on Friday I saw that a decision has been made but until today I have no idea if she has been approved or rejected.
Thanks Peyman. So who would pass as a translator then? Can my wife take her sister or a friend with her for example? Is it like anybody but not the sponsor? where are all these rules written/explained?

Regarding the Iranian firm you mentioned, was it an agency in Iran that had people as translators in Ankara? How was your experience with them? Thanks bud

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
lampp said:
Thanks Peyman. So who would pass as a translator then? Can my wife take her sister or a friend with her for example? Is it like anybody but not the sponsor? where are all these rules written/explained?

Regarding the Iranian firm you mentioned, was it an agency in Iran that had people as translators in Ankara? How was your experience with them? Thanks bud
It is on interview invitation:Applicants who do not communicate in English, French or Turkish will have to make their own arrangements to come to the interview with an interpreter. Immigration consultants or sponsors will not be allowed to interpret for applicants. So based on this you can take a family member or a friend .The firm I mentioned is an Iranian firm located in front of American embassy in Ankara, they take care of immigration related inquiries.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
I don't think your cousin will suffice, I remember reading somewhere that it has to be a professional so I would contact the same agency peyman did.

Lina don't stress your self out, im sure all your documents are there we have sent them numerous documents and they all got there safe and sound if you use a reputable courier service there should be no problem, try not to bother them too much because instead of speeding up your process you are delaying it. Every time they have to look at your file it goes out of queue, just let them do their job, trust me its coming from a person who's been waiting the longest on this site, your sponsoring a male the process is longer you still have few more months to go......

Yes 16 months since sending out my application :)

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
lina123 said:
Thanks boleko what adress should i send the documents to just incase do you know the adress? When they got your application did they update you that they recieved it ?
I don't know the exact address but documents are sent to the embassy address. When you go to hand your passport in to get your ppr then you go to the visa processing center. When I sent my documents I didn't receive any update from the embassy. I just got an update from the post saying that they delivered my package.

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Thanks guys im acctually feeling a bit better i will try to stop worrying too much and i heard just incase it gets rejected i can do something about it http://www.visaplace.com/immigration-refusals/
Thanks guys i guess i just have to wait and see :)

lampp

Jun 1, 2015
Peyman.ch said:
It is on interview invitation:Applicants who do not communicate in English, French or Turkish will have to make their own arrangements to come to the interview with an interpreter. Immigration consultants or sponsors will not be allowed to interpret for applicants. So based on this you can take a family member or a friend .The firm I mentioned is an Iranian firm located in front of American embassy in Ankara, they take care of immigration related inquiries.
Thanks. If you can send me the firm's info in PM, I appreciate it.

Peyman.ch said:
Hello Lampp' They don't let the sponsor to accompany or translate at all and they don't have any interpreter in embassy either, I even tried to translate for someone else and as soon as they checked my name in their system they told me , I am sponsor to my wife and I am not eligible as interpreter. My wife knows English very well but because I didn't want her to miss anything and get stressed I called an Iranian firm and they arranged one and he charged 100$ in case you need his number let me know. Regarding the questions even though they had all the documents proving our legit marriage they required originals but in interview they didn't check any of them and the only thing they kept and checked was my receipts for monthly support. They had asked lots about me like who my friends are and where do I live and how many room I have and what kind of car I am driving and in addition all kind of questions about my previous marriage and how many times we have been together and where. Her interview was on Tuesday and I was checking CIC site for any update till on Friday I saw that a decision has been made but until today I have no idea if she has been approved or rejected.
One thing puzzles me about what you said is how are they going to confirm your wife's answers to those questions? Because they are not interviewing sponsors, so how do they know if your wife's answers to their questions (like model of your car) was right....