+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone

I've been reading this forum for a pretty long time and finally decided to be a member.

Dear Ombra, I'm terribly sorry for you. My husband received his PPR 2 weeks ago and is currently in Istanbul to get his visa. Do you think what has happened to you might also happen to my husband? He's been there since Sept 11 and should go back to Iran this Wednesday. I know that Istanbul's VAC takes 6 business days to get the visa but we were hoping that he can get it by Wednesday.
I sincerely hope that you get your visa ASAP.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
bk12 said:
after 5.7 months our status has not been changed even to in process!
Don't worry man. My application went into processing between the 6-7th month and was in process for 1 week.

They will get back to you soon.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
sunny_day said:
Hi everyone

I've been reading this forum for a pretty long time and finally decided to be a member.

Dear Ombra, I'm terribly sorry for you. My husband received his PPR 2 weeks ago and is currently in Istanbul to get his visa. Do you think what has happened to you might also happen to my husband? He's been there since Sept 11 and should go back to Iran this Wednesday. I know that Istanbul's VAC takes 6 business days to get the visa but we were hoping that he can get it by Wednesday.
I sincerely hope that you get your visa ASAP.
Hi sunny_day,

I hope not, what is happening to me should not b happening to anyone else however given that there's only one embassy in turkey and that's the one down the street from where I am, I think your husband's visa may be delayed too, I'm sorry. Th only reason why they said istanbul will take 6 days is because they have to DHL-takes 2 days for a round trip- the passport to ankara.

This is why I'm staying with my wife here. The embassy has my wife's visa and she can leave turkey to go back to iran :( its a terrible situation to be in.

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
I have two questions:

1- Does any body have any information about Niza Park Hotel in Ankara ? They are telling me it is very good and close to the embassy. Maybe our fellow friends who are in Turkey now can answer this better.

2- In the spread sheet there is a part called CQS. What is it and what does it stand for?

Thank you

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
I can answer your 2nd question. CSQ is "Québec selection certificate", it is required from Quebec applicants only.

CanHali said:
I have two questions:

1- Does any body have any information about Niza Park Hotel in Ankara ? They are telling me it is very good and close to the embassy. Maybe our fellow friends who are in Turkey now can answer this better.

2- In the spread sheet there is a part called CQS. What is it and what does it stand for?

Thank you

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Hi,

I got your first question covered.

It's a bid of an older hotel. Close to my hotel, it's overall 30-40 minutes from the embassy. The beds in the normal room - $120/night- don't look like that they are the greatest. The Cafe is like a little better than a fast food sitting area. The inside of the normal room will make you feel like you're back in your dorm.

For the price I'd suggest you look at Mona Hotel which is in the same price range but has way better rooms rooms and is closer to the embassy, restaurants, taxi areas, airport shuttles and much more. It however may cost you $20 more but think it's well worth it.

This is just my opinion, if you have any questions let me know.

CanHali said:
I have two questions:

Thank you

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ombra,
My husband went to the VAC today to ask them what's going on. The visa officer said that she doesn't know anything about why it's taking so long. Then he saw this Iranian guy at the visa office with like 40 passport submission sheets. He said he worked for an agency in Tehran that submit passports for people who are getting PRs. He said that there are some that get it in a week and some that get it after a month!! I think you and my husband might want to start looking for an apartment. And he said it's not their printer but their system that is having problems. What do you guys think? Do you think what he said was BS? Because nobody in our forum got the email during the summer so maybe he was just trying to promote his business. I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE !!!

I have never heard of anyone waiting for longer than a week!

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you're not gonna like this but this other guy at the Visa office said he submitted his passport on September 2nd and still no visa. He is also coming to Canada and was sponsored by his wife.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I wish we knew all this before.
Now he's stuck in Ankara without a passport.
What can we do?

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
40 passports all at once sounds to me like visitor visas or study permits. I doubt it would all be PRs... :)

keeponwaiting22 said:
Ombra,
My husband went to the VAC today to ask them what's going on. The visa officer said that she doesn't know anything about why it's taking so long. Then he saw this Iranian guy at the visa office with like 40 passport submission sheets. He said he worked for an agency in Tehran that submit passports for people who are getting PRs. He said that there are some that get it in a week and some that get it after a month!! I think you and my husband might want to start looking for an apartment. And he said it's not their printer but their system that is having problems. What do you guys think? Do you think what he said was BS? Because nobody in our forum got the email during the summer so maybe he was just trying to promote his business. I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE !!!

I have never heard of anyone waiting for longer than a week!

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Keeponwaiting22, my guess is as good as yours. Right now I'm staying with my wife and I'm hoping for the best. But I'm not sure what will happen if she has to stay here for a while. My wife has no passport to go anywhere, she is officially stuck here.

I think the guy was just promoting his business. Unless he knows people who could do it faster.

To be honest, I'm just hoping that our visas will be ready soon. I hate to think that this could take a month. God help us!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

So my cousin just got approved for PR-skilled worker and she was notified by her Lawyer in Iran before labour day. She managed to get her documents for submission to VAC via Lawyer agents in Ankara after labor day and so far no news. She has a ticket this Thursday and lawyer has told her that they have only returned visitor visa passports and anyone else like her or sponsorship was handed a paper to serve as their passport so that they can return to Iran while their systems is being fixed!!! Like ppl have not planned their trip...this so rocket science it seems.
Let's hope for the best and have you guys stuck in Ankara out of their and into Canada soon,

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ombra, how much does it cost to change the flight dates? And what date do we change it to? This is so frustrating.
If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, I think a bunch of you who are in this situation should go to the embassy together. Power in numbers! Because the VAC employees can't help.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
keeponwaiting22 said:
Ombra, how much does it cost to change the flight dates? And what date do we change it to? This is so frustrating.
If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, I think a bunch of you who are in this situation should go to the embassy together. Power in numbers! Because the VAC employees can't help.
Guys,
Please dont get panic, we have to respect Canadian embassy employees, they have some issues over there and hopefully they gonna fix it soon.
Some of you guys make fun of some employees at VAC and that is not nice, because what if they read our comments here at forum.
Please be respectful, I'm in same boat with you guys, lets be patient and hope.
some questions:
-Have any former PPR's applicants had same problems earlier?
-I read from "negmeg": that they gonna give you a letter instead of passport for returning to Iran, I dont think if anyone can go back to Iran without his/her passport. If so what VAC/Embassy state is, Are they willing to give us the passport without visa? because its not logical to stay in Turkey until they fix that problem, what if takes more than couple weeks? and even if go back to Iran with a letter, How can we leave the country without passport !! so does anyone know they are OK to give back the passport right away?

Remember based on the Immigration rules after receiving PPR email which most of us received late August, we only need 30 days to be present at Ankara VAC, and we are there now, so hopeful they can make it happen soon.

Senior applicants who are in Canada, please advise if that happened before for any of you before.
Best Wishes
Please just pray for each other.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Keeponwaiting22,

The first time you change your flight will cost 100 euros. The second time will cost 150 euros.

I did go to the embassy on Friday and the guy basically told me that they don't care about how much this is costing us. I'll let you know what happened when I come back from the embassy tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'll take one for the team.
I think we should all go to the embassy together so they can see how many people are actually being affected by this. Only if they could give us a reason why this is taking so long maybe some of us could be less stressed and more patient.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arbic,

Well that's what the lawyer told my cousin. They may send the passport with visa by mail! or call them for pick up once it's ready, maybe you can go back to turkey with that same paper. Anyhow she also told me that they say they have up to one month to return the passport once they receive it; standard procedure it seems. For her it has been two weeks.

Since November last year, when I joined this group I have not seen anything like this.

Negin