+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Our status changed to "in process" today!!! :D They asked for the updated police certificate on Sept 4th, we sent it right away. It was received by them on Sept 8th. In Ecas it says that they started processing our application on Sept 9th - a day after they received the police certificate

Pooya_NP said:
Hey Mrs.KOR,

Has your status changed to in-process? mine is still the same.

Hope all is well,
Pooya

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
OH that is so great. Congrats... I hope our status changes soon too.. the waiting is too difficult . :-(
Hope you hear the good news soon.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you! I hope yours will change very soon too. I know the waiting is nerve wrecking… Patience just a bit more..

Pooya_NP said:
OH that is so great. Congrats... I hope our status changes soon too.. the waiting is too difficult . :-(
Hope you hear the good news soon.

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Our status changed to "in process" today!!! :D They asked for the updated police certificate on Sept 4th, we sent it right away. It was received by them on Sept 8th. In Ecas it says that they started processing our application on Sept 9th - a day after they received the police certificate
coooongratulates hon, so happy for you, seems they start working, also good news for ombra & keeponwaiting their technical probs (printers, phones...) fixed :D, hopefully good news are on its coach, fingers crossed

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+ welcome to our ''In Process'' group hon (Mrs,KoR), now we are like;

mhr:15mths/
nazaninf22:10mths/
luna:9mths/
ramez:9mths/
morteza231:8mths
khodam:7.5mths/
alisarbandi:7mths
erfan228:6.6mths
alimos:6.6mths
aknoon:5mths
Mrs Kor;4.8mths

leeets hope for the best :)

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
aribc said:
Hi
Did you finally receive your Visa?
What do they say now?
will be ready next week?
Thats a nightmare

Hi

Sadly no, they said they have no clue how long it will take. Keeponwaiting22 is right.

Here's what I have learned so far:

1- they said it's a printer issue, however my dad said that a similar thing happened at the USA embassy they also said it was a printer issue but it was a security breach and they found out that someone at the embassy was printer visas illegally for his clients.. Don't take my words for it but I'm just sharing my dad's experience.
2- the turnaround time for visa is now truly UNKNOWN, Nobody knows what's happening
3- whether you drop off your passport right at 830 or in the afternoon, they start processing it from the next business day, so the day you drop the passport off doesn't count.
4- if you booked the flight with turkish airlines the penalty for changing the flight is 100 euros, if you have to change it again it will be 150 euros.
5- the vac blames everything on the embassy but the embassy says they don't know what's going on and talk to the vac
6- when you check your status for your passport with the given tracking number this is the message you will get:
*******************************************************************************************
Your Passport StatusVisa application, tracking ID No.(tracking number)is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ANKARA. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
*******************************************************************************************
Don't try to call them, 1 out of 100 tries they pick up.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
ombra2011 said:
Hi

Sadly no, they said they have no clue how long it will take. Keeponwaiting22 is right.

Here's what I have learned so far:

1- they said it's a printer issue, however my dad said that a similar thing happened at the USA embassy they also said it was a printer issue but it was a security breach and they found out that someone at the embassy was printer visas illegally for his clients.. Don't take my words for it but I'm just sharing my dad's experience.
2- the turnaround time for visa is now truly UNKNOWN, Nobody knows what's happening
3- whether you drop off your passport right at 830 or in the afternoon, they start processing it from the next business day, so the day you drop the passport off doesn't count.
4- if you booked the flight with turkish airlines the penalty for changing the flight is 100 euros, if you have to change it again it will be 150 euros.
5- the vac blames everything on the embassy but the embassy says they don't know what's going on and talk to the vac
6- when you check your status for your passport with the given tracking number this is the message you will get:
Your Passport StatusVisa application, tracking ID No.(tracking number)is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ANKARA. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
Don't try to call them, 1 out of 100 tries they pick up.
Is this happened only for immigration visa's or all types of visas clients have same problem?
Do they still have your passport?
Technically you can not leave without your passport?

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Aribc- that's the issue, they have my wife's passport and she can't even leave turkey so I have to stay with her.

The problem is that there's absolutely no time frames given. Like the guy said at the VAC, hope for the best.

It seems like, this only applies to the immigration/sponsorship visas but I could be wrong!

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
ombra2011 said:
Aribc- that's the issue, they have my wife's passport and she can't even leave turkey so I have to stay with her.

The problem is that there's absolutely no time frames given. Like the guy said at the VAC, hope for the best.

It seems like, this only applies to the immigration/sponsorship visas but I could be wrong!
Thanks Man
My wife is coming on Monday
I wish you and everyone who has been waiting to see their love, the best
Good luck

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks aribc. I'm happy for you man. All this wait is finally paying off.

I need everybody to pray for me to get this passport back asap.

This whole waiting for the passport after waiting 7 months is getting tough lol

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Would have been nice if you could expense the ticket change fee to the embassy! Also the hotel bill for the extra stay! :)

Ombra stay strong, you will get your passport next week for sure. Just think of this 7 months what you have been through; second guessing and questioning your application, waiting for status changes, waiting for emails… the most difficult part is over, your process is completed! You will unite with your loved one and start a new life in Canada. Try to concentrate on this and against all the odds..

Best of luck!!

ombra2011 said:
Thanks aribc. I'm happy for you man. All this wait is finally paying off.

I need everybody to pray for me to get this passport back asap.

This whole waiting for the passport after waiting 7 months is getting tough lol

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks SheD-jaan! I hope we'll get the golden email soon!! I looked at the spreadsheet some people get it fast and some not so fast. I guess it's a case by case thing. Fingers crossed!!

She.D said:
+ welcome to our ''In Process'' group hon (Mrs,KoR), now we are like;

mhr:15mths/
nazaninf22:10mths/
luna:9mths/
ramez:9mths/
morteza231:8mths
khodam:7.5mths/
alisarbandi:7mths
erfan228:6.6mths
alimos:6.6mths
aknoon:5mths
Mrs Kor;4.8mths

leeets hope for the best :)

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Mrs.KOR, that's what gets me going.

K so I found out a few more things that might help everybody else save more money. -i took one for the team lol-

there are 3 major hotels that are close to the embassy; Hilton, mona and Sheraton. Hilton and mona are literally 30 seconds from each other. They're both 5 star hotels. As you know the mini bar in your room has its hands in your pocket however there's a convenience store exactly between Hilton and mona where you get drinks for like 10% of what the mini bar charges you.
Both Hilton and monas mini bar use the wave technology so incase you were so thirsty that you had to treat yourselfwith a drink just replace it with the ones at the supermarket and you will be fine lol

VERY IMPORTANT: Unless you know turkish, you should consider downloading Google translate on your phone and download the offline dictionary for turkish, the offline dictionary is about 150 mb so unless you know your hotel offers free Internet download it while you're home.

FYI, Turkish airline is no longer offering free Internet on the flight, now it's going to cost USD9.99/hour.

The embassy is about 10 minutes from the 2 hotels - given that you take my shortcut which will save you tons of uphill walking lol-and the vac is about 5 minutes from the embassy. Most taxis don't want to drive you for this short haul trip cause it only costs 10-13 turkish lira. If it gets to the 15 lira range that means the driver is really asking for a lot. I had one driver that took side streets and asked for $17 but when he realized that I know the area he was very happy with my $10. Lol. But they're not all bad, I'm just sharing my experience.

There's this shisha/hookah place within a 10 minutes walking distance of the 3 hotel's -more like 15 minutes if you're staying at the Sheraton- that brings huge portions of food for a lot cheaper than the hotel lounge -obviously- and even cheaper than McDonalds in canada, and the food is actually amazing. The place is called MISIR.
Too bad I can't upload any pictures here otherwise I'd have guided you to the embassy better than Google maps lol.

P.S if you have questions or concerns that you need figured out let me know while I'm stuck here against my will lmao