+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Thanks for the detailed info! It will be very useful once we get to that stage, hopefully soon :)
My husband too! Maybe you guys saw him in line! He said there weren't that many people for visas and the iranian rep at first said it might take 2 days but then corrected herself and said 4 days.
Are you from Toronto too?

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
MRS.KOR, anytime. Hopefully you will get to experience this as well - very soon-.

Keeponwaiting22, when I got to the VAC, there was nobody in front of me. The reason is that the VAC specializes in complex cases and there are not many of them out there. Thank god lol. Everybody else has to go through the embassy first.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
UPDATE

Hey guys,

So I just visited the VAC and guess what? My troubles are FAR FROM being over. The embassy's visa printer has gone down so get this, the VAC & THE EMBASSY have lost contacts some how! WHAT?! (that's what the guy said. He said and I quote that "they don't respond to us and we have no status updates on anything" then he continued "you can go go there and check the status of the printer!) like wtf! It's my job to go check on your printer status? What are you getting paid for then!
Yup, they don't answer to each others phone calls. And they don't know when the printer is going to be ready.

Things I don't get:

1- if the VAC is going to mail the passports to the embassy, why can't we just drop them off at the embassy.
2- why can't they fix the printer? It's been 4 days
3- the guy goes we can't call them. Why can't they talk to each other
4- why can't we get the time ?

I'm so worried about this...

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seems the story is on going even in Ankara and PPR hon (ombra)!!!

any new updates guys?!! :( :( :(

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw guys who went for PPR VO, which size of photo they need?! 3.5 x 4.5!!

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks She. D, yeah fingers crossed

The pictures are 3x4 and you will need 2 of them, they have to have the date on the back of them + the applicants name.

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Hi,

I added my information into the system to be added to the spread sheet. I did this prob. 4 days ago and I am still not in the spread sheet.

Thanks.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Re: UPDATE

OMG!! They must have a back-up printer, I am sure there is just not only one (I hope!)! If the print server is down then it must have been a high priority issue treated by the embassy IT teams (I hope there is one!). It must have been resolved by now. I have never seen a server issue that lasted for more than a day! So, hopes are up that you'll get your passport tomorrow… Hang in!

ombra2011 said:
Hey guys,

So I just visited the VAC and guess what? My troubles are FAR FROM being over. The embassy's visa printer has gone down so get this, the VAC & THE EMBASSY have lost contacts some how! WHAT?! (that's what the guy said. He said and I quote that "they don't respond to us and we have no status updates on anything" then he continued "you can go go there and check the status of the printer!) like wtf! It's my job to go check on your printer status? What are you getting paid for then!
Yup, they don't answer to each others phone calls. And they don't know when the printer is going to be ready.

Things I don't get:

1- if the VAC is going to mail the passports to the embassy, why can't we just drop them off at the embassy.
2- why can't they fix the printer? It's been 4 days
3- the guy goes we can't call them. Why can't they talk to each other
4- why can't we get the time ?

I'm so worried about this...

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi CanHali, welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your information to the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is updated by the forum member lboxixodl. He usually updates it frequently, maybe he was busy for the last couple of days. Don't worry you'll see your name on the list very soon. Best of luck with your application!

CanHali said:
Hi,

I added my information into the system to be added to the spread sheet. I did this prob. 4 days ago and I am still not in the spread sheet.

Thanks.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Mrs.KOR, I really hope they get this fixed ASAP. Noone believes that a printer issue could last this long.
Thanks Mrs.KOR,
Fingers crossed

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG,
I just called the visa office and they said, it will take longer than 4 business days. They don't know how long it will take. WTF!!!!

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
keeponwaiting22 said:
OMG,
I just called the visa office and they said, it will take longer than 4 business days. They don't know how long it will take. WTF!!!!
I dont know what exactly happened at VAC
but do they have problem with printing VISA?
Anyway, "ombra2011" and other people at Ankara Please update if you guys received your visa finally or not?
Thanks
Wish you luck

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
ombra2011 said:
Mrs.KOR, I really hope they get this fixed ASAP. Noone believes that a printer issue could last this long.
Thanks Mrs.KOR,
Fingers crossed
Hi
Did you finally receive your Visa?
What do they say now?
will be ready next week?
Thats a nightmare

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
keeponwaiting22 said:
OMG,
But if you handed in your passport on Monday Sep 8/14, its technically 5 business day passed now!
Thats so sad
Sorry for you guys
Good luck

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi CanHali, welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your information to the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is updated by the forum member lboxixodl. He usually updates it frequently, maybe he was busy for the last couple of days. Don't worry you'll see your name on the list very soon. Best of luck with your application!
Hey Mrs.KOR,

Has your status changed to in-process? mine is still the same.

Hope all is well,
Pooya