+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 more weeks left in August. I've already given up on any news coming this month. Hopefully September. And I just have one thing to say: the customer service reps at CIC might as well be robots. They just read off their scripts, have no feelings and are indifferent. They just make my blood boil!!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
2 more weeks left in August. I've already given up on any news coming this month. Hopefully September. And I just have one thing to say: the customer service reps at CIC might as well be robots. They just read off their scripts, have no feelings and are indifferent. They just make my blood boil!!
Same here hon, I guess not much process in August either!! If it was as before we could have expected some update in August but seems nothing more we've already missed two weeks, it's 16 August... :(

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
To everyone still waiting, hang in there PPR will come one day.

If you haven't already ordered GCMS notes I strongly suggest to do so. You have nothing to lose by ordering them (just $5) - it DOES NOT delay your wait time (unless you request a paper copy....do not do that. Just request the electronic e-mail copy). These notes will let you know what parts of the application have passed and you can see if all info was entered correctly.

To those that did order the GCMS notes, take a look at pages 1-3 and look for the heading "Paper File" and under this heading: "Location". Some members of this form have deciphered that if you see HPT: hold for ppt request, it means your file is sitting in queue to get the PPR email and it should come within 2-3 months. If you see something else it means your file has been sent somewhere else in the office for further review. In most cases further review is for security checks. Many things can determine if the applicant will have additional security checks.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
To everyone still waiting, hang in there PPR will come one day.

If you haven't already ordered GCMS notes I strongly suggest to do so. You have nothing to lose by ordering them (just $5) - it DOES NOT delay your wait time (unless you request a paper copy....do not do that. Just request the electronic e-mail copy). These notes will let you know what parts of the application have passed and you can see if all info was entered correctly.

To those that did order the GCMS notes, take a look at pages 1-3 and look for the heading "Paper File" and under this heading: "Location". Some members of this form have deciphered that if you see HPT: hold for ppt request, it means your file is sitting in queue to get the PPR email and it should come within 2-3 months. If you see something else it means your file has been sent somewhere else in the office for further review. In most cases further review is for security checks. Many things can determine if the applicant will have additional security checks.
Mine is blank! It doesn't say anything beside location. :'(

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Soomazi

Thx for your kind help would you mind please let us know where we can have acess to the form (GCMS)? Shall we fill a form?!

Thank u in advance

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She.D said:
Dear Soomazi

Thx for your kind help would you mind please let us know where we can have acess to the form (GCMS)? Shall we fill a form?!

Thank u in advance
SheD,
Go here:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

And do an online request.
But the applicant needs to fill out a consent form that you'll have to attach to the request.
Go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Hope that helps

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
SheD,
Go here:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

And do an online request.
But the applicant needs to fill out a consent form that you'll have to attach to the request.
Go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Hope that helps

Thank you so much for your kind info,

lets see if any updates for the rest two weeks, August

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks so much keeponwaiting22.

Hey guys, off topic question, if you get the good news, do you have to go to ankara to get the visa stamped into your passport or can you UPS/FedEX/DHL it to the embassy?

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Thanks so much keeponwaiting22.

Hey guys, off topic question, if you get the good news, do you have to go to ankara to get the visa stamped into your passport or can you UPS/FedEX/DHL it to the embassy?
I guess you can leave it by a courier,

I was wondering when you receive your PPR update how they are into contact you!?

1- Email

either

2- u have to check your online statues like so often for new updates!!

since I haven't received any update from CIC so far in my In box, also I used to delete all items in my spam with out opening!! shall I check them too!! would they put the PPR update on online status/eCAS!!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
She.D said:
I guess you can leave it by a courier,

I was wondering when you receive your PPR update how they are into contact you!?

1- Email

either

2- u have to check your online statues like so often for new updates!!

since I haven't received any update from CIC so far in my In box, also I used to delete all items in my spam with out opening!! shall I check them too!! would they put the PPR update on online status/eCAS!!
If the main applicant provided them with an email address that is how they will be in contact - they will not typically send the PPR email to the sponsor, just the person being sponsored. They will update the ecas status but it will say "a decision has been made" and it generally shows up a while after the PPR email, not simultaneously.

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
If the main applicant provided them with an email address that is how they will be in contact - they will not typically send the PPR email to the sponsor, just the person being sponsored. They will update the ecas status but it will say "a decision has been made" and it generally shows up a while after the PPR email, not simultaneously.

Thank you hon so clear & quick,

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
She.D thank you so much,

I've been checking my spam folder every week and I go through the folder every week to make sure I don't have anything from CIC. I think it's a good practice as we are all waiting for those emails :D

I just hope the email comes soon, I've been away from my spouse for over 7 months and I can't wait for the email to confirm that she will be coming here. It's getting difficult.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. It feels like it has been forever since I've been here checking in!

My cousin is currently waiting for his passport to return so I thought I'd come look at your beautiful spreadsheet and see if I can find someone close to his application date!

Good luck to those waiting. All I can say is you're all very strong for doing so, and it's worth the wait!

Going to Turkey for a visit at the end of September, so happy I will not need to visit Ankara!!!