+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
negmeg said:
Abe1004,

Has there been any update on your file? Did embassy contact you about their decision?

Hope you will hear the good news very soon,
Negmeg, we actually did hear back and we heard back bad news. Apparently we married too fast before my departure (three days prior) and that we have age difference( i am younger) is a role in her negative decision.

She totally ignored that we dated (lived together, shared bank account, leases, credit etc) 2.4 years prior to that.

She also totally ignored all other proof: cards, notarized testemonials, photos and 6000 pages of logs from feb 2013 till today.

During the interview I answered all questions, but she ignored that, even though she had no arguements (at all).

Oh well. Just more grief, frustration and time to waste before I am reunited with my loved one, but it will happen.

We been together for 4 years now, it puts in prespective, how miserable person can ruin someones life, but it will only make us stronger.

We going to emerge victorious. If by any means she is reading this, I hope I could tell her that karma is a bit ch it will catch up to her sooner than later.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh WOW...

I am so sorry to hear that and I am so sorry how people, officers and those who have power don't get that we are all human!
I wish you guys can reunite fast and very fast. Lemme know if you need a good lawyer, in Toronto.

Or anything else that can help you guys.
We can't leave your name as yellow, so please work all your effort to get it to green.

I like that you have not lost hope and have faith in what you want and can do.
All the best

Abe1004 said:
Negmeg, we actually did hear back and we heard back bad news. Apparently we married too fast before my departure (three days prior) and that we have age difference( i am younger) is a role in her negative decision.

She totally ignored that we dated (lived together, shared bank account, leases, credit etc) 2.4 years prior to that.

She also totally ignored all other proof: cards, notarized testemonials, photos and 6000 pages of logs from feb 2013 till today.

During the interview I answered all questions, but she ignored that, even though she had no arguements (at all).

Oh well. Just more grief, frustration and time to waste before I am reunited with my loved one, but it will happen.

We been together for 4 years now, it puts in prespective, how miserable person can ruin someones life, but it will only make us stronger.

We going to emerge victorious. If by any means she is reading this, I hope I could tell her that karma is a bit ch it will catch up to her sooner than later.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:

Abe, I am so sorry to hear that. It makes no sense that she based her decision on your age. I know that in our cultures, it is still a bit taboo for the woman to be older even though men marry girls their daughter's age and it's ok. But in canada, age is not an issue. It is quite normal for the woman to be a bit older. So many of my friends have been married for years and the woman is older. If you don't mind, is your age difference more than 10 years? It shouldn't matter anyways!! What a load of crap! Did she actually say that you're being refused based on this and your marriage date or are you just assuming? Get a kickass lawyer and fight this decision.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Wow Abe sorry to hear that but it just reaffirms my frustrations on what they actually base " true relationship " on? I recently met someone who sponsored their spouse and hearing about their relationship threw a bunch of red flags for me from the start and here this person is in Canada and the sponsorship took less than six months... I don't get it. All I have to say is hang in there, eventually you will be reunited with your loved one......

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Thanks.
Yes they did. I got a confirmation of landing paper that must be filled and signed in the immigration gate when I arrive in Canada.
Mehrdad,

Thanks for your help. As we went along with the visa process, a couple of more questions came up; probably easy, but their answers could possibly help others in the forum as well. For the address asked in the PPR email, did you write your Iranian, or Turkish hotel, address? Also, did you date and/or sign the photo with your name at the back?

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
I am so sorry to hear this outcome. I really don't understand how they could access the genuineness of a marriage so shallow. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. You will for sure win the appeal, the only thing is it's going to take longer to re-unite with your loved one.

Here is the link of the appeal cases thread (if you haven't discovered it yet): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html

My prayers are with you

Abe1004 said:

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Thank you for your support guys.

My wife is devastated, but we still feel like we have a great fighting chance. Yes she is 10+years older than me, but I really don't understand how could that stop us from loving each other? 2.4 years together prior to the marriage, 3.2 years prior to filing application. I never ever would have dreamed that someone would accuse me in trying to scam immigration. Its it mildly annoying.

I have seen that thread previously, it seems to be a total waste of time, since I can't seem to get a straight answer lol.

But I will stay here and support you guys and others in your cause of re-uniting with your loved ones. Afterall seems like I have another year to go before having clear shot at immigration again.

Sending you all regards and prayers from myself and my wife.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Abe, I am really really upset to hear about the outcome of your interview. It is really horrid that some visa offices are very blind to "real life" and assume too much about the "societal norms" in certain countries. But I am also completely moved by the determination and perseverance you and your wife show right now. You are both definitely pillars of strength and I know you will fight this to the finish. Sending you all the luck and best wishes in the world that you may be reunited as soon as possible.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe,

I am so sorry on the outcome. Sometimes those visas officers don't look at the evidence in front of them and just go off one red flag!

I was really scared on mine as well because my husband is Muslim and I am not converting... which is another red flag (weird I know!)

I hope that your appeal goes much better and there is a positive decision coming your way! You're in my thoughts!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
Thank you for your support guys.

My wife is devastated, but we still feel like we have a great fighting chance. Yes she is 10+years older than me, but I really don't understand how could that stop us from loving each other? 2.4 years together prior to the marriage, 3.2 years prior to filing application. I never ever would have dreamed that someone would accuse me in trying to scam immigration. Its it mildly annoying.

I have seen that thread previously, it seems to be a total waste of time, since I can't seem to get a straight answer lol.

But I will stay here and support you guys and others in your cause of re-uniting with your loved ones. Afterall seems like I have another year to go before having clear shot at immigration again.

Sending you all regards and prayers from myself and my wife.
Ohhh Abe1004 I ammm soooo upset reading thru your story, if there is anything I can do, I am here for you and your wife...I am sadened this morning...yesss you guys will conquer all this for sure, I am not at all doubtful...I send you energy, love and lots of positive positive thoughts ...now it is time to prepare to fight back AND prove to that idiot officer that she is SOOOO WRONG.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Ohhh Abe1004 I ammm soooo upset reading thru your story, if there is anything I can do, I am here for you and your wife...I am sadened this morning...yesss you guys will conquer all this for sure, I am not at all doubtful...I send you energy, love and lots of positive positive thoughts ...now it is time to prepare to fight back AND prove to that idiot officer that she is SOOOO WRONG.
Hey!!! Did your hubby receive PR card yet?? We are in the backlog unfortunately :( haven't received his yet...

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Hey!!! Did your hubby receive PR card yet?? We are in the backlog unfortunately :( haven't received his yet...
Processing now at 94 days....! At least the weekly jump is getting smaller, but still. My husband and I had tickets to the World Cup in Brazil. Our plans have been completely crushed (probably for the best we aren't going as we had some other constraints on us, but still).

I called CIC call centre earlier this week to verify that our Canadian mailing address was correct (ecas was still showing his mailing address in Iran?!) and I asked the agent when we could expect the PR card - between one and two weeks later? ( because my guess was within the current processing time estimates). But he said" actually it's better to assume it will come in JULY!!! And if we don't receive it by mid-July to call back! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
i am very sorry to heard that. i cant say any thing. :( :(

Abe1004 said:

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
maybe you logged in ecas with your data not yor husband data.
in my ecas that i use my UCI that printed in landing paper, i can see 2 address.

my address in canada "Your current home address"
and my old address in iran "Your current mailing address"

SooMazi said:
Processing now at 94 days....! At least the weekly jump is getting smaller, but still. My husband and I had tickets to the World Cup in Brazil. Our plans have been completely crushed (probably for the best we aren't going as we had some other constraints on us, but still).

I called CIC call centre earlier this week to verify that our Canadian mailing address was correct (ecas was still showing his mailing address in Iran?!) and I asked the agent when we could expect the PR card - between one and two weeks later? ( because my guess was within the current processing time estimates). But he said" actually it's better to assume it will come in JULY!!! And if we don't receive it by mid-July to call back! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: