+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hey Folks,

Tell What, My wife's application changed to "In Process", I am really happy and excited about it; they have started processing her application on Feb. 20. I know it is impossible but I hope they send PPR before Nowrouz.
Hooray for you! That would be awfully awesome for us the get visa before Nowooz.

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
lboxixodl said:
wwwoooooowwwww
Ankara storm starteddddd. :D :) :D :)

my mailbox readyyy for PPR email :p
Hello dear lboxixodl, can you please kindly update Melisaa and Rocky2014 record on the spreadsheet. They also received their PPR. We just love to see more greens.
I'm hoping you'll be our next who gets PPR request.
Thanks so much for maintaing the holy spreadsheet!

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
HELLO TO MY FORUM FAMILY!!!!

I am back from Turkey and cannot describe how much I miss it there! I miss my family and more importantly, I miss my husband with all of my heart.

I am so happy to hear of everyone's success stories! I am very pleased to say that I join you in your happiness! MY HUSBAND GOT HIS VISA!

The embassy requested his passport the day we went there (Monday the 10th) and he received his passport with his visa in it on Saturday the 22nd.

My husband is still in Turkey with his Dad and he will be coming back to Canada in early March!

Thank you to all of the support of the forum! You guys are amazing and such strong people!

I will still be here for guidance if it is needed :)
Congratulations to you! We were all waiting for your news! Great stuff :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:

I am back from Turkey and cannot describe how much I miss it there! I miss my family and more importantly, I miss my husband with all of my heart.

I am so happy to hear of everyone's success stories! I am very pleased to say that I join you in your happiness! MY HUSBAND GOT HIS VISA!

The embassy requested his passport the day we went there (Monday the 10th) and he received his passport with his visa in it on Saturday the 22nd.

My husband is still in Turkey with his Dad and he will be coming back to Canada in early March!

Thank you to all of the support of the forum! You guys are amazing and such strong people!

Congratulations Mrs. Asag!
Welcome back, we missed you here. Please stay in touch with us, there are people still in need for help.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melisaa said:
:) Does anybody know of a reliable place in Tehran where they'd take my love's passport to Ankara for visa? I have heard there are certain flight centers( آژانس مسافرتى ) that have this service. Any suggestion?
If I ever receive a PPR, I will never ever risk giving my passport to anyone to take it to Ankara for me. I prefer to go a two way trip from Shiraz to Ankara by bus, but not risking one more year of frustrating waiting for another application processing right from the beginning.

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Welcome back and congratulations Mrs. Asag.

My wife and I are lining towards going to Ankara and submit my wife's passport in person. However, you have mentioned that it took 11 days for Ankara to issue visa for your husband. Is this a normal turn around time for them to issue passport? Did your husband submit his passport in person?

Since Ankara Visa office accepts passports on Monday and Wednesdays from 8:30 - 10:00 AM, what time should we be at the embassy to make the 8:30 - 10:00 AM time frame? Does my wife need to have any document other than a valid passport, 2 photos and the "Request for Submission of Passports" letter for submitting her passport?

I know a few people who have sent their passport through some travel agencies in Tehran and got their passport back in 10 days. Based on your experience which way you think would be better, going to Ankara and applying in person or send passport by those travel agencies in Tehran.

Thanks

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:

My wife and I are lining towards going to Ankara and submit my wife's passport in person. However, you have mentioned that it took 11 days for Ankara to issue visa for your husband. Is this a normal turn around time for them to issue passport? Did your husband submit his passport in person?

Since Ankara Visa office accepts passports on Monday and Wednesdays from 8:30 - 10:00 AM, what time should we be at the embassy to make the 8:30 - 10:00 AM time frame? Does my wife need to have any document other than a valid passport, 2 photos and the "Request for Submission of Passports" letter for submitting her passport?

I know a few people who have sent their passport through some travel agencies in Tehran and got their passport back in 10 days. Based on your experience which way you think would be better, going to Ankara and applying in person or send passport by those travel agencies in Tehran.

Thanks
My husband's experience was a little different, keep this in mind. He was here in Canada on a work permit and his TRV was expired so when he left, he was not permitted to enter Canada again. He had to pay an additional $400 CAD for permission to re-enter Canada. If we did not submit this, I am sure he would have had his visa that day.

We got there at 8:00 and there was a HUGE line outside the embassy. I suggest you be there early if you are going to go.

Turkey2013's husband submitted his passport in person and received his visa the next day.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Oh myyyyyy!!!!! Congrats Mrs.Asag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D How wonderful, your husband will be back to you before you know it!!!!!!!! :D :D

SubZero_2 said:
Hey Folks,
Tell What, My wife's application changed to "In Process", I am really happy and excited about it; they have started processing her application on Feb. 20. I know it is impossible but I hope they send PPR before Nowrouz.
Great news SubZero_2!!! You never know, Ankara moves in mysterious ways with PPR....! Keep the faith and your wife will be here soon. Hang in there!!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hey Folks,

Grats Subzero. When did your check the ecas and status changed?

To be honest starting to get a bit worried now about myself :D

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:

Welcome back sweetheart!!!! Sooooo happy to hear about the ppt request, I was sooooo sure you went in that embassy and had few words to say to the Ankara office lollllll!!!

Keep in touch as I will do the same, stay for all the people that need help and for you tooooooo ;))))
lhb007 said:

Thanks
Little suggestion, get there on monday morning really early, like 8:00 because they will tell you to come back the next next...My husband was there on a monday at 8:00 and got his visa on tuesday 13:00...so plan to stay a night....I would rather go than to send it, but again it all depends if you want to wait 3-4 weeks before getting your passport with visa stamped.... For the document you only need what they asked on that letter, nothing more!!!

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
welt said:
Question: when a new immigirent enters canada, how much weight can we enter in the country? Forget the usual 2 suitcases. I mean extra belonging? I don' t wanna get taxed.
Hi welt,

As far as I know all immigrants can bring their belongings with them upon their arrival to Canada, without any custom's charges. You can bring some with you and have some be sent to you later. In that case you have to provide a complete and detailed list of those items that you'd like to bring later to custom's officer on your arrival. You will be charged if any if those items you bring later doesn't match your list. I have heard that you may have to also provide photo's for those items along with their list.

Please don't rely on my reply and do your research.

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Thanks Turkey2013 and Mrs. Asag for your replies. How did they notify your husbands that their passport was ready for pick-up?

A friend of ours also going to Ankara to get his visa. Do you know if my wife give her passport to him with the authorization letter of course, they issue visa the next day as if she submit her passport in person? I ask, because I have heard that those travel agencies return passports in about 10 days. I'm not sure if it takes longer because travel agency's schedule is 10 days or because Ankara visa issuance turnaround is longer for those who send their passport through a third party.

Thanks

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Thanks Turkey2013 and Mrs. Asag for your replies. How did they notify your husbands that their passport was ready for pick-up?

A friend of ours also going to Ankara to get his visa. Do you know if my wife give her passport to him with the authorization letter of course, they issue visa the next day as if she submit her passport in person? I ask, because I have heard that those travel agencies return passports in about 10 days. I'm not sure if it takes longer because travel agency's schedule is 10 days or because Ankara visa issuance turnaround is longer for those who send their passport through a third party.

Thanks
The embassy called my husband and notified when the visa was ready, they then sent it via cargo to his home in Istanbul (this took 4 business days).

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks Abe1004,

I checked it yesterday (Feb 22). You will see the change soon.

Abe1004 said:
Grats Subzero. When did your check the ecas and status changed?

To be honest starting to get a bit worried now about myself :D

Melisaa

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 03 2013