+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hi everyone!

Just entered the information for the spreadsheet, glad there is one for Ankara only!!! :D

I am in Quebec and my husband is in Turkey. So I sent my application for CSQ, now just have to wait for approval!

I really truly hope the best news for all of you!

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
alico said:
Hi everybody,
i am Turkish and my timeline is close to some of you. as most of you, i have been expecting my ppr and my question is in regards to that(just been told to pay rprf about 2 months ago).so if they decide to waive the interview and hopefully just request passport,
Does anybody have any idea if we are called in for an interview AFTER our passport is requested?
it s just that i am out of the country and i may have trouble getting back to Turkey if i send my pass.
what i know so far is that depending on the embassy,sometimes they request for an interview after they receive passport and in some countries they dont. most of the things are always case specific but this seems lile country specific.
so,so does anybody how the ankara embassy usually do this?
thank y'all for replies
With Ankara, interview is before PPR, PPR is the very last step. Also, if you are out of country, be aware that your passport can only be sent back to an address in Turkey.

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013 ----- in process 12-06-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
Hi guys, it's amazing to know that there is a forum to give all applicants and their spouses an idea of how things are going, I'm a canadian born citizen with a Turkish nationality from Toronto, sponsoring my husband who lives in turkey. Our application was received feb 27/13 and I was confirmed to be a sponsor April 8/13 so now the tougher part comes as we wait for his approval, I had my file completed by the help of a immigrant lawyer who was once an officer himself (hope that was a good thing) anyone have any ideas of what awaits me? Any of my cousins who sponsored their spouses had an avg wait time of 4/5 months except one who took 3 months in total, I'm wondering if being Canadian born means anything because the situation of the 3 months wait file was by a cousin who was born here rather than being an immigrant.

I wish us all a stress less wait and quick responses !!!
Cheers !!!

alico

Nov 4, 2012
Güzelyol said:
With Ankara, interview is before PPR, PPR is the very last step. Also, if you are out of country, be aware that your passport can only be sent back to an address in Turkey.
Thanks for the response Guzelyol. i am just thinking of a small chance of having the interview waiwed,i ll go back if they decide to interview anyway..
btw, if that small chance happens, if i send it to someone in Turkey and can They send it domestically to embassy? or can they bring it to embassy in person,in that case, do they accept my passport from someone else?

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
update - so my husband decided he would pay a visit to the Ankara embassy today, he said there was a huge line up and he could literally pick out the number of Turkish people he saw in this line, he feels as if the Syrians, and Iraqi ethnicity some how have the upper hand to getting their visa's as a priority first, he stated everyone he saw was getting their passports stamped, as well the guy at the door told him the wait would be another 2 years to get his visa approved that was a shocker for me ... truthfully this broke my heart since he was not one of them and made me wonder if Ankara is putting Turkey on a more of a wait list? i was also wondering if i should apply of the GCMS notes? and as well i have not payed my RPRF fee therefore would paying this from now do anything to speeding the proccess?

Mrs.Ogut

Mar 23, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31, Dec,2012
AOR Received.
18, Jan, 2013
File Transfer...
22, Jan, 2013 (In process April, 13)
Med's Done....
14, Nov, 2012
Passport Req..
20, June 2013
LANDED..........
25, June 2013
Hey everyone, i have been in istanbul for 2 weeks now and all i saw is syrians everywhere its unbelieve there are so many of them, we already knew ankara was so busy with syrians applications but now i know why they dont give a damn about our files. Who knows how many syrians files are in ankara. This is seriously annoying and unexceptable and NOT FAIR! I have to wait for visa maybe for a year who knows!! but they have to take syrians files before us. I cant stand this any longer. This is bullshit!

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
congratulate

i hope shahram and immka application statues change to inprocess in this week.

nazafarin said:
;D ;D

Today, my ecase changed to in process ( since 21 May)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hi Mrs. Ogut!

Ohhh noooo this is soooo unfortunate :((( Is that what they have told you and/or seen? I am new and don't have much experience in this forum, but can it be that they could be putting more poeple to work on Syrians files and other nationalities???
Maybe this is wishfull thinking on my part and really not relevant...but can't stop a girl from dreaming.

Good luck to all of us!

Mrs.Ogut said:
Hey everyone, i have been in istanbul for 2 weeks now and all i saw is syrians everywhere its unbelieve there are so many of them, we already knew ankara was so busy with syrians applications but now i know why they dont give a damn about our files. Who knows how many syrians files are in ankara. This is seriously annoying and unexceptable and NOT FAIR! I have to wait for visa maybe for a year who knows!! but they have to take syrians files before us. I cant stand this any longer. This is bull*censored word*!

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
i think Syrians every where because they have civil ware in their country.

Ankara Visa office not work in all Syrians application. only economical immigration application accepted for Syrian nationality in Ankara visa office.

Mrs.Ogut said:
Hey everyone, i have been in istanbul for 2 weeks now and all i saw is syrians everywhere its unbelieve there are so many of them, we already knew ankara was so busy with syrians applications but now i know why they dont give a damn about our files. Who knows how many syrians files are in ankara. This is seriously annoying and unexceptable and NOT FAIR! I have to wait for visa maybe for a year who knows!! but they have to take syrians files before us. I cant stand this any longer. This is bull*censored word*!

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
Turkey2013 said:
Hi Mrs. Ogut!

Ohhh noooo this is soooo unfortunate :((( Is that what they have told you and/or seen? I am new and don't have much experience in this forum, but can it be that they could be putting more poeple to work on Syrians files and other nationalities???
Maybe this is wishfull thinking on my part and really not relevant...but can't stop a girl from dreaming.

Good luck to all of us!
hey turkey 2013, i actually spoke to someone in the embassy and they stated that ANKARA is the office that only deals with TURKS but is also the visa office for other countries, this should not discourage you because they are not given the upper hand due to any type of war this going on, this representative also stated that FAMILY/SPOUSE sponsorships are given the upper hand VS economic or other types of visa's, this meaning they have our files completed in a speedier process !

CHEERS !

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey is opening 2 new VAC's in June as per the webiste:

"Two new visa application centres (VACs) will be opening in Turkey. The first will open in Ankara on June 5, followed by one in Istanbul on June 19. Once the VACs open, all temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study or work permit) or permanent resident travel document applications should be submitted either online or through the VAC. The visa office will no longer accept mail-in applications, and will only accept in person submissions on Thursdays from 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM. More details on the process of submitting applications will be provided shortly. For more information on the advantages provided by the VACs please visit CIC website."

Hopefully this will help with some of the processing times and not just having the one consulate!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hello Brunette!! Oh wow this is great and thanks on letting us know, much appreciated!!

Now I will change the subject a bit, since I am worried about something and as a newbie don't know how to assimilate all that info...all this weekend, I have been going threw the different messages on Family Class sponsorship and I am starting to panick a bit even though we are at the beginning stages...

I have read about red flags and was wondering if anyone has experience with Ankara VO. Here are some of my concerns. Do Ankara VO consider as red flags : that I have 10 yrs age difference with my current husband, that I was married and divorced previously, have a child that is now 19yrs old and finally that I am christian and he is muslim ( we explained though that religion is really really not something we believe in.....), so should I start panicking and expect an interview?????

Brunette said:
hey turkey 2013, i actually spoke to someone in the embassy and they stated that ANKARA is the office that only deals with TURKS but is also the visa office for other countries, this should not discourage you because they are not given the upper hand due to any type of war this going on, this representative also stated that FAMILY/SPOUSE sponsorships are given the upper hand VS economic or other types of visa's, this meaning they have our files completed in a speedier process !

CHEERS !

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Hello Brunette!! Oh wow this is great and thanks on letting us know, much appreciated!!

Now I will change the subject a bit, since I am worried about something and as a newbie don't know how to assimilate all that info...all this weekend, I have been going threw the different messages on Family Class sponsorship and I am starting to panick a bit even though we are at the beginning stages...

I have read about red flags and was wondering if anyone has experience with Ankara VO. Here are some of my concerns. Do Ankara VO consider as red flags : that I have 10 yrs age difference with my current husband, that I was married and divorced previously, have a child that is now 19yrs old and finally that I am christian and he is muslim ( we explained though that religion is really really not something we believe in.....), so should I start panicking and expect an interview?????

Hi Turkey2013!

Our lawyer was telling us about some red-flags as well since I am not Muslim, not Turkish and we had a civil ceremony. As long as there is proof that your relationship is valid (you've been together for a long time, live together, lots of pictures through out your relationship, pictures of you with his family or vice versa - you will be fine. Can I ask how you guys met?

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
Mrs.Asag said:
Turkey is opening 2 new VAC's in June as per the webiste:

"Two new visa application centres (VACs) will be opening in Turkey. The first will open in Ankara on June 5, followed by one in Istanbul on June 19. Once the VACs open, all temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study or work permit) or permanent resident travel document applications should be submitted either online or through the VAC. The visa office will no longer accept mail-in applications, and will only accept in person submissions on Thursdays from 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM. More details on the process of submitting applications will be provided shortly. For more information on the advantages provided by the VACs please visit CIC website."

Hopefully this will help with some of the processing times and not just having the one consulate!

hey, do we actually benefit from there being two more openings? or is this just false hope, because i am seeing these openings are for temp visa's not permanent :\