+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Ogut

Mar 23, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31, Dec,2012
AOR Received.
18, Jan, 2013
File Transfer...
22, Jan, 2013 (In process April, 13)
Med's Done....
14, Nov, 2012
Passport Req..
20, June 2013
LANDED..........
25, June 2013
Godzilla9 said:
You should be happy as the processing becomes faster and faster, and you will get your PPR in a shorter period of time than older fellows. Good luck with your case processing
InshAllah thats all i wish for & thank you :)

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Godzilla9 said:
You should be happy as the processing becomes faster and faster, and you will get your PPR in a shorter period of time than older fellows. Good luck with your case processing
Ankara used to be one of the fastest visa offices (5, 6, 7 months) until it took over files from Damascus. Delays from the last twelve months were anything but normal. It just seems to me that things are coming back to normal over there...

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
i think Ankara visa office try to close all old application and this may effect to application that transferred to this visa office in earlier 2013. because some new application like my application not in process until now.

Mrs.Ogut

Mar 23, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31, Dec,2012
AOR Received.
18, Jan, 2013
File Transfer...
22, Jan, 2013 (In process April, 13)
Med's Done....
14, Nov, 2012
Passport Req..
20, June 2013
LANDED..........
25, June 2013
lboxixodl said:
i think Ankara visa office try to close all old application and this may effect to application that transferred to this visa office in earlier 2013. because some new application like my application not in process until now.
same with mine we both applied on end of december and it has been exactly 90 days since i applied and there is still no update. When i think about how my bro in law got his visa in 3 months last year i just go nuts ughh :((( he got his visa in 90 days im still waiting for in process, this is so annoying :'(

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Mrs.Ogut said:
same with mine we both applied on end of december and it has been exactly 90 days since i applied and there is still no update. When i think about how my bro in law got his visa in 3 months last year i just go nuts ughh :((( he got his visa in 90 days im still waiting for in process, this is so annoying :'(
I believe that we will have storm of pass requests for applicants in the bottom of spreadsheet...not far...

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
i hope so

nazafarin said:
I believe that we will have storm of pass requests for applicants in the bottom of spreadsheet...not far...

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
lboxixodl said:
Hahaha! Fresh applicants are always so anxious to see their status changed to "In Process"! It goes without saying that closing the oldest files is what should be done in priority. Last year has been very hectic in Ankara (and all over CIC); therefore, you should feel blessed you won't have to wait as long as many of older applicants had to wait. What killed me was seeing new files being processed (and sometimes closed) while no one in Ankara had even opened our file yet! It took them almost five months to give our file a first look, then one month to contact my husband for an interview, then one more month before the interview. More than six months after Ankara received our file, it was finally in process! Did I also mention it took Mississauga three months to complete step 1 for files received last spring? It's been more than 11 months and I'm still waiting... You guys are lucky and don't realize it ;)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Güzelyol said:
Hahaha! Fresh applicants are always so anxious to see their status changed to "In Process"! It goes without saying that closing the oldest files is what should be done in priority. Last year has been very hectic in Ankara (and all over CIC); therefore, you should feel blessed you won't have to wait as long as many of the older applicants had to wait. What killed me was seeing new files being processed (and sometimes closed) while no one in Ankara had even opened our file yet! It took them almost five months to give our file a first look, then one month to contact my husband for an interview, then one more month before the interview. More than six months after Ankara received our file, it was finally in process! Did I also mention it took Mississauga three months to complete step 1 for files received last spring? It's been more than 11 months and I'm still waiting... You guys are lucky and don't realize it ;)
What you say is absolutely right. Nowadays, sponsorship takes less than a month, and Ankara in average processes files in 5 months. Older cases are processed for a year. I just wish you good luck with your cases because luck really plays a big role here. We were lucky that applied at a looser time.

serhan

Mar 31, 2013
hello, I would like to ask a question about contacting the ankara office,
they've sent me an email asking for me to send them my csq via e-mail.
I did send them the csq and politely asked if they could verify that they had received it. because the the return email supplied in their message to me was not working and i had to send it to the embassy email i could find from their site.

yet i received no answer. I've sent another email 2 weeks later, asking if the csq was added to my file, and 2 weeks later another one. yet no reply to any of those. and ecas has no information about it either.

do they reply to emails at all? how should i contact them?

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
serhan said:
I did send them the csq and politely asked if they could verify that they had received it. because the the return email supplied in their message to me was not working and i had to send it to the embassy email i could find from their site.

yet i received no answer. I've sent another email 2 weeks later, asking if the csq was added to my file, and 2 weeks later another one. yet no reply to any of those. and ecas has no information about it either.

Did you apply in the family class? If so, it's strange that they ask you to send them the CSQ because it's normally sent to the sponsor AND the visa office by Quebec. Anyway, did you contact Ankara VO using the case specific inquiry form on the Web (https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=ankara)? That's the way you should contact them, not through their general email address.

serhan

Mar 31, 2013
thank you for your comment, yes i have applied in the family class. they actually asked for an e-mail containing proof that i have applied for csq within 40 days. but i have received the csq within 10 day from this email and send them a copy of my csq vie email.
furthermore, you are right. the micc had sent me a letter stating that they would forward the information to the visa office but also stating i should send a copy to visa office if they asked for it, and since they asked for it i've sent it.

thank you for the link. i'll ask for verification again just to be sure

serhan

Mar 31, 2013
i have another question, if i may.

My wife is from Azerbaijan, and she went to university in Europe. so we had the send in 2 police certificates instead of one, due her time she spent abroad.
does anyone have knowledge about how the background and criminality check works?
would it it take longer because she is not Turkish but from Azerbaijan,
and/or
would it take longer because 2 police certificates were submitted instead of 1?

btw of course she has no charges nor convictions of any kind or what so ever.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
serhan said:

Ankara office's website clearly says that they do not confirm receipt of documents and you should ask them about that. If you sent them, then they received it and added on file :)
Applicants in Ankara are all from different countries. They are processed on a standard timing base applicable to a specific person. You should check the timelines available on this forum to see how much it usually take to process the case. Mine took 5 months in Ankara.

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
I was checking the spreadsheet and found out a wired fact :-X

Majority of applicants( before Toronto88 ) who are waiting for getting Pass request email, are citizen, aren't they/ ??? It seems that citizens have a longer security process, what I thought is more related to PR applicants. :( :(

I hope everyone get golden email sooner and sooner ;D

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
serhan said:
i have another question, if i may.

My wife is from Azerbaijan, and she went to university in Europe. so we had the send in 2 police certificates instead of one, due her time she spent abroad.
does anyone have knowledge about how the background and criminality check works?
would it it take longer because she is not Turkish but from Azerbaijan,
and/or
would it take longer because 2 police certificates were submitted instead of 1?

btw of course she has no charges nor convictions of any kind or what so ever.
I recommend to check following spreadsheet out for a second and you can estimate what will be happening on your application.
Somebody admitted that whatever you have been living in more countries, your process time will be longer, but I'm not sure because I saw somebody with this situation and her process was shorter than someone with no abroad living experience

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXxkTAdisOFdFUyc2FBdk1jLUxhcjUwVUxnRWpmcnc#gid=0