+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Yeah my wife got it done in Tehran right when the pandemic was at its worse in March so she was super stressed to go there but however she got it done so im hoping they dont make us go through it again. And you know how horrible the dollar exchange situation is.. we thought about applying for visitor visa but when i talked with our lawyer she says its very unlikely to get approved right now and doing that might delay the case even further. She said every time you update or send them an email it might be a risk of extension in your timeline ( not sure if thats true, not my words)
If you have done it on March 2020, why they said it is expired?? maybe they make a mistake.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
If you have done it on March 2020, why they said it is expired?? maybe they make a mistake.
Oh no its not expired yet but i had no idea that medical exams can expire during the one year process until i saw the other persons comment here. Thats why i was curious to know how long does that take for medical to expire anyways?

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Its pretty simple they dont wanna risk taking in people from other countries during this pandemic. It makes sense but for us its frustrating. id be very glad to get my wife's pre arrival letter. at least i would know they dont want more supporting documents and the rest is just formalities (like another police certificate or medical exam ...) But my wife's application is only 6 months through so i cant complain when i see most of you guys have waited for more than a year. However when i go back in this forum to check the timeline of other applicants or when i talk to my friends who applied back in 2018 or so, most people got their PPR only within 4 months of applying i have no idea what happened since then at Ankara VO (pandemic aside) i dont think its only because they got more applications compared to 2018. Maybe back then they decided to make outland applications get to a final decision faster then they stopped doing that for some unknown reasons. Who knows. It is what it is i guess
yea, we thought we would get ours in 4/5 months, but here we are waiting over a year.
At least I hope that the pre-arrival letter means no additional requests for another medical and/or police certificate.

Reactions: EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
yea, we thought we would get ours in 4/5 months, but here we are waiting over a year.
At least I hope that the pre-arrival letter means no additional requests for another medical and/or police certificate.
Yeah and to be honest i prefer to be realistic rather than optimistic so knowing that you guys went through a much longer time makes me humble and i do hope you guys get your PPRs soon. About the pre arrival as far as i know that means you no longer need to do interview or send supporting documents regarding your marriage and stuff like that. Medical and bio is a must and police certificate goes under background checks and things like But that means as soon as you provide them ( which u did and if not expired yet) there should be nothing else standing on your way to get PPR although its a different time now because of the pandemic. But now that u passed the one year period u have every right to ask and push them to be responsive.
Best of luck !

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Oh no its not expired yet but i had no idea that medical exams can expire during the one year process until i saw the other persons comment here. Thats why i was curious to know how long does that take for medical to expire anyways?
According to my searches it will be valid for 12 months.

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
Could you please share your timeline?!
This is my timeline;
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on October 31, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on June 3, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.(17.06.2019)
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 16, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
And 23.06.2020 pre arrival letter.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
This is my timeline;
  3. We sent you medical instructions on June 3, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 16, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
July 2018???!? Wow, that's just insane. Is that a typo?

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
This is my timeline;
Oh my god! July,2018!!! Too long

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Yes thats true. My application started in Canada and continued Ankara on 3 June 2019.
Did you have to resend some of your documents ? From what i read on your case It seems that you were either missing or lacking some effective supporting documents. Applications like that unfortunately take longer so we cant really compare. But gladly you got your pre arrival so hopefully you hear about PPR soon.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hey All, we just a response to your TRV, they want Wedding photos and proof of Funds which is easy ! That is a fantastic news and we are going to get that done ASAP ! we are July 2019 for PR, and already were refused a TRV in OCT 2019. It has NOTHING to do with PR and has no impact on PR, But do not take my words for it. Will update once we hear the final decision on either applications.

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
Did you have to resend some of your documents ? From what i read on your case It seems that you were either missing or lacking some effective supporting documents. Applications like that unfortunately take longer so we cant really compare. But gladly you got your pre arrival so hopefully you hear about PPR soon.
Yes i had resend passport and id copies on 16 march.
Thank you, I hopefully too for all of us.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hey All, we just a response to your TRV, they want Wedding photos and proof of Funds which is easy ! That is a fantastic news and we are going to get that done ASAP ! we are July 2019 for PR, and already were refused a TRV in OCT 2019. It has NOTHING to do with PR and has no impact on PR, But do not take my words for it. Will update once we hear the final decision on either applications.
Thats great news man !!! Once you get the visa hopefully soon maybe check with IRCC if you have to change your application status from outland to inland. Im only saying this because i asked my lawyer before and she said in case she gets approved for TRV you must notify IRCC and send them new forms to let them know the principal applicant is now inside Canada. Now im not sure if thats necessarily if you already got Pre Arrival letter but definitely check with IRCC. And you know what in this situation with the corona still going on it might actually boost your PR application to get to final approve sooner. who knows...
Thanks for sharing and best of luck !

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Thats great news man !!! Once you get the visa hopefully soon maybe check with IRCC if you have to change your application status from outland to inland. Im only saying this because i asked my lawyer before and she said in case she gets approved for TRV you must notify IRCC and send them new forms to let them know the principal applicant is now inside Canada. Now im not sure if thats necessarily if you already got Pre Arrival letter but definitely check with IRCC. And you know what in this situation with the corona still going on it might actually boost your PR application to get to final approve sooner. who knows...
Who knows , but it's a solid news and hopefully turns out well. It Stays outland, as they are two different streams. Already confirmed it. Thank you and i hope we all start hearing some good news.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I hope you don't get mad at me my friend as I am just sharing my thoughts with you. To me it seems that your lawyer is not up to date with the recent changes and misinform you sometimes which may end up not taking the best decisions. Consult other lawyers too. I have talked to a few of them and none matches with your lawyer's words. Visitor visa has nothing to do with PR application; never had. It is correct that at normal times if you have PR application in process they would probably reject a TRV, but even in that case it wouldn't hurt your PR application at all.
Moreover, even if you travel to Canada with TRV, your living address is still your home country and the PR application does not automatically change to inland unless you want it to. If you apply for a study / work permit for example, will change your status otherwise you are just a visitor and still outland applicant. I am not saying I am 100% correct though. but so far my findings have come true. They easily issue TRV for someone who has PR application in process for more than a year. This again is a sign that PR visa is not coming soon.