+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mightydent

Feb 20, 2019
Our application was transferred to Ankara seven weeks ago, and we have not had any updates either. You are not alone, we are waiting with you. I will let you know if anything changes.
Thank you so much, I hope we all receive an update fairly soon. I will update you as soon as I hear something back too.

MEHRANTEHRAN

Apr 18, 2019
IRAN-CANADA
Visa Office......
ANKARA
My husband was interviewed today. The officer said to give her a week to review the documents submitted by my husband. This makes me worry.

Is there a high chance of refusal? Or is it common to be put on hold after the interview. We were expecting to get the answer outright after the interview, whether it’s approved or denied.

We have been waiting since July lol!
basically they do not bring up their final decision right away at the interview, So, be not worry!!

Reactions: East-Sun

East-Sun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-03-2019
Med's Request
05-03-2019
Med's Done....
16-03-2019
Interview........
10-09-2019
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
Hi East-Sun, Usually Biometrics request is before medical request!!
Have you ever done fingerprints in last 10 years?
Hi Mehran
Yes. I gave Biometrics once 2 years ago.
However as I have read in CIC website, a new Biometrics needed for every new permanent residency application.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEHRANTEHRAN

MEHRANTEHRAN

Apr 18, 2019
IRAN-CANADA
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Hi Mehran
Yes. I gave Biometrics once 2 years ago.
However as I have read in CIC website, a new Biometrics needed for every new permanent residency application.
That should be it. Every fingerprints you do is valid for ten years regardless of the type of application you are submitting however if they are in need of a new one they will make a request which it doesnt seem to happen in your case!

Reactions: Aref.P and East-Sun

East-Sun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-03-2019
Med's Request
05-03-2019
Med's Done....
16-03-2019
Interview........
10-09-2019
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
That should be it. Every fingerprints you do is valid for ten years regardless of the type of application you are submitting however if they are in need of a new one they will make a request which it doesnt seem to happen in your case!
Thanks
My assumption was like yours and I still hope that would be the case.
The below tool guides applicants whether they need to give biometrics or not.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi,

My biometric was valid for 10 years when I applied for visitor visa. But for my PR I gave it again. They have clearly said in CiC

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
After about almost two months from the day our file was transferred to Ankara, only today we received a letter titled "pre-arrival services". Does that mean anything? This is the first communication we received from Ankara.
That means you passed the eligibility but you still have to pass through background check and security screening. All the best G

mightydent

Feb 20, 2019
Congrats! Very good news! PPR can come any day now :). What's your timeline btw?
Thank you for your reply! I very much hope so :)

PA: Iran
App Date: Sep 20
App Opened: Dec 24
Medical Received: Feb 20
Medical Passed: Feb 27
AOR 2: Not yet received - but I know it's in Ankara
Request for Interview: No news yet
Interview: No news yet
BGCIP: N/A
Pre-Arrival Letter: Apr 25

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply! I very much hope so :)

PA: Iran
App Date: Sep 20
App Opened: Dec 24
Medical Received: Feb 20
Medical Passed: Feb 27
AOR 2: Not yet received - but I know it's in Ankara
Request for Interview: No news yet
Interview: No news yet
BGCIP: N/A
Pre-Arrival Letter: Apr 25
Thanks! :) Would you know when your case was transferred to Ankara? Sponsor should have received an email. :) Thanks again.

Reactions: MEHRANTEHRAN

mightydent

Feb 20, 2019
Congrats! Very good news! PPR can come any day now :). What's your timeline btw?
Thanks! :) Would you know when your case was transferred to Ankara? Sponsor should have received an email. :) Thanks again.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the email. But it was at the end of February that they told me that the file is being transferred to Ankara and the first communication I had since then was the pre-arrival letter that I received on April 25th.

Reactions: tztk

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Does anyone know how long, on average, does it take for an Ankara VO to finalize (PPR and/or DM) sponsorship application once it starts "processing the application"? Thanks :)