+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi everybody
There is going to be a meeting with the immigration minister and some MPs on next Saturday. I think it's good for those who live near the location where the meeting is going to be held to attend this meeting and talk about our problems and let those in charge know about our situation. For some weird reason I cant copy and paste the link to this event. So please just google these words and you will find it:
Immigration Townhall with Ahmed Hussen.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It is
Good news, thank you for letting us know!
PPR doesn't rely on medical expiry date at all, and they almost always extend it exactly for a year (if they decide to extend).
It is extended for more than a year though

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
It is

It is extended for more than a year though
It doesn't matter, they don't go by medicals because they can always send you for a re-medical or extend it and PPR can be issued anytime once SS is completed.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It doesn't matter, they don't go by medicals because they can always send you for a re-medical or extend it and PPR can be issued anytime once SS is completed.
It is true but the officer decided to go to Aug 2018 because they think it may even take up to then. SS can complete any day and also can take for years. This is the meaning of no time frame. And This is what the auditor tried to explain in his report to the public. 19% took even more than 18 months.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
security has no dead line so far, so being realistic will help to plan for your life, my husbands medical has been extended for more than a year, because they know it may take that much longer, in a same time it could be any day. lets hope for the best.

Reactions: strength2

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
We also regularly contact our MP and as you said we can also talk only with his assistant. As far as I know a few days later, the parliament is going to be open again and then the MPs can talk about our problem. They can even summon the ministers or managers to the parliament and ask them to explain why they don't do their job efficiently. So the MPs may be able to do something for us. So please stay in touch with them and keep asking them to do something. Especially if the sponsor is a citizen of Canada they can pressure the MPs even more to do something.
True. I try to contact the MP office all the time.
I have been told we can also apply for TRV visa. Do you know anyone who successfully has?
TRV visa is double intent for people who have already applied for PR but wanting to visit Canada meanwhile. The only thing is since our files have been stuck in Security check it might not get accepted.
I spoke to a lawyer and I was advised that in these cases where processing time has taken way beyond the normal, we can send a letter of memorandum which by law and certain acts you are giving the Immigration deadline that they have to come up with their decision right away and disregard the pending process. A decision has to be made.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
True. I try to contact the MP office all the time.
I have been told we can also apply for TRV visa. Do you know anyone who successfully has?
TRV visa is double intent for people who have already applied for PR but wanting to visit Canada meanwhile. The only thing is since our files have been stuck in Security check it might not get accepted.
I spoke to a lawyer and I was advised that in these cases where processing time has taken way beyond the normal, we can send a letter of memorandum which by law and certain acts you are giving the Immigration deadline that they have to come up with their decision right away and disregard the pending process. A decision has to be made.
Reza, Petricoo (two times), Honey Husband, Ahmelina husband, Tracker_01, Manitobagirl husband all got rejected for the dual intent visa based on the fact that they have a spouse in Canada (what a big crime;)), only Mona Momeni got it so far. But you should try. I heard the inlands who are in ss could go out of Canada and come back and they were not questioned at the border. So the fact that they are in SS should not be an issue. You may succeed as long as you prove you will go back to Iran at the end of your visit.
Mandamus is an option. It is around $7000. The laywer will email Ankara and threaten them first then they will be given a time frame to react and they generally don't and a mandamus is filed against them then they either settle or you are asked to go to the court for full hearing which may take time. Also it is possible to do a class action lawsuit which mean a group of 10 people for example do the Mandamus. In order to do these you all need to have your CSIS report and make sure CSIS is done with security screening first.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
IRCC refers Security Screening request to CBSA. CBSA forwards an SS request to CSIS. But CSIS report is only part of overall SS. IF CSIS reports was everything, there are several applicants who, including Matt, whose CSIS is completed for months, should have gotten the PPR by now.

Most Canadian Missions abroad have a liaison office (which is either manned by CBSA, or CSIS or RCMP e.t.c) within it.. For example in Pakistan this office is manned by RCMP (surprised?) (RCMP Liaison office in Pakistan is also responsible for Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/defence-defense/index.aspx?lang=eng

One purpose of this office among many other functions is "facilitation of information exchanges between Canadian law enforcement and Pakistan law enforcement with regards to all aspects of criminality ranging from terrorism and organized crime to drugs and immigration". So, for me, since i am a Pakistani (and for any Afghan, Tajik, Iranian, Krygz, Turkemani or Uzbek), CBSA, in addition to a request of ss check by CSIS on me, will, also forward a request to RCMP liaison office in Pakistan to run a background check/local verifications on my application.

Once CBSA receives the report from CSIS and RCMP (some other agency can also be involved on request of CBSA) office in Pakistan, it will prepare an admissibility report on me and forward it to IRCC, which have the final say. Please note that in many other missions, instead of RCMP, CBSA or CSIS runs such liaison offices, and in those cases, CBSA will forward request to whichever agency from CBSA or CSIS is running that liaison office for background verifications that needs to be conducted in applicants home country.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength
Very interesting information, thank you for sharing!
That's why it takes long time for Persians and the rest you named above because it's managed by RCMP in Pakistan and Pakistan seems very busy :(
As for Azerbaijan, yes seems like it's managed by CBSA in Ankara itself, but there's not much of staff so that's why it's taking awhile too:(

Hani_Hani

Aug 20, 2017
If you cannot attend yourself but you have friends or families in Toronto to represent you ask them to come so that when we talk we can show our crowd.
I can come but I am a Feb 2017 application, does this work if I attend int this session???? I really like to support. We are all the same! I can be any one of you who waited more than a year....

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I can come but I am a Feb 2017 application, does this work if I attend int this session???? I really like to support. We are all the same! I can be any one of you who waited more than a year....
Yes it definitely helps. It is in Brampton. I can pick you up at the Pearson Airport.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Reza, Petricoo (two times), Honey Husband, Ahmelina husband, Tracker_01, Manitobagirl husband all got rejected for the dual intent visa based on the fact that they have a spouse in Canada (what a big crime;)), only Mona Momeni got it so far. But you should try. I heard the inlands who are in ss could go out of Canada and come back and they were not questioned at the border. So the fact that they are in SS should not be an issue. You may succeed as long as you prove you will go back to Iran at the end of your visit.
Mandamus is an option. It is around $7000. The laywer will email Ankara and threaten them first then they will be given a time frame to react and they generally don't and a mandamus is filed against them then they either settle or you are asked to go to the court for full hearing which may take time. Also it is possible to do a class action lawsuit which mean a group of 10 people for example do the Mandamus. In order to do these you all need to have your CSIS report and make sure CSIS is done with security screening first.
What if we go with this Mandamus thing and take IRCC to court and then they make a decision to reject our applications?