Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
fae said:
My status has changed to:

WE HAVE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR FILE AS OF MAY/24/2013.
WE HAVE SENT YOU A LETTER ABOUT OUR DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION.

But I haven't received that letter yet!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Congrats fae !!!! Looks like after 12 months they started to work on the files of May 2012 (since your file has been transferred in May 14th 2012). Keep us posted !!

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
WE ARE SCREWED !!! That's what I found today on CIC website. God knows how long it would take for the government to find solution....

"Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

calgary_007

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
OMG, :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
sponsorazer said:
WE ARE SCREWED !!! That's what I found today on CIC website. God knows how long it would take for the government to find solution....

"Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
Documents sent on Feb 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Fae, my file was transferred to Ankara on the same day as yours. It is great to see a progress. We have not yet received any medical request. Can you let us know if you have dependent on your application? The files with dependents generally take longer time than the ones without dependent.
I did receive the GCMS notes yesterday but did not see any update. The office asked for some additional documents in Dec and we sent them all. No update since then.

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Hi all;
Received an email from Ankara asking the police certificate from my parents and dependent child.
They said it's needed before starting the process!

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spons said:
Fae, my file was transferred to Ankara on the same day as yours. It is great to see a progress. We have not yet received any medical request. Can you let us know if you have dependent on your application? The files with dependents generally take longer time than the ones without dependent.
I did receive the GCMS notes yesterday but did not see any update. The office asked for some additional documents in Dec and we sent them all. No update since then.
Yes I do have a dependent child in my file.

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
fae said:
Hi all;
Received an email from Ankara asking the police certificate from my parents and dependent child.
They said it's needed before starting the process!
Congrats fae !! Have you received the email or your parents ? I thought on step 2 (when the file is transferred to Ankara) the embassy only contacts the main applicant...

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
sponsorazer said:
Congrats fae !! Have you received the email or your parents ? I thought on step 2 (when the file is transferred to Ankara) the embassy only contacts the main applicant...

I received the email because I'm the representative.

calgary_007

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi,
I Sent an email to MP regarding my parents and my sister application and she said that "Our records confirm that statutory background checks have been completed for your parents and their accompanying dependant daughter. Please rest assured that your parents will be contacted should additional information, documentation or a personal interview be required"
Does anyone know what background check means? does it mean that they approved my sister as well and how long will take to get medical ?

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
calgary_007 said:
Hi,
I Sent an email to MP regarding my parents and my sister application and she said that "Our records confirm that statutory background checks have been completed for your parents and their accompanying dependant daughter. Please rest assured that your parents will be contacted should additional information, documentation or a personal interview be required"
Does anyone know what background check means? does it mean that they approved my sister as well and how long will take to get medical ?
Congrats ! This is very good news ! Sounds like they do something in the embassy... BTW, as far as I know, the background check means the security check...

calgary_007

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
I sent the police certificate with other requested documents last year. Does It mean that they checked the police certificate?
sponsorazer said:
Congrats ! This is very good news ! Sounds like they do something in the embassy... BTW, as far as I know, the background check means the security check...

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
calgary_007 said:
I sent the police certificate with other requested documents last year. Does It mean that they checked the police certificate?
Sounds like they checked all documents that you sent to them.