+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Animal Declaration

Allwindows

Apr 19, 2010
Hi,

I will be arriving Canada at the beginning of the June. I have a cat which will be carried to Canada by an international pet transportation company. We supplied all our cat's and legal necessary documents to the transportation company. They will delivery our cat to our new address.

At that point I wonder, what kind of declaration should I make about our cat in the custom. Our cats' all legal paper works and transportation will be carried out by the international pet carrying company and correspondent company in Canada will get our cat from the custody to our new address. While all the job is being carried out by the company should I still make a declaration about our cat? Should I fill out any document? if I should, which declaration form shoul I use?

I would be glad if I get any help.

Thank you,

Allw,

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
From: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html#s3x6
You may import cats and dogs from any country and ferrets from the United States that are older than three months if you provide a certificate signed and dated by a licensed veterinarian for each pet. The certificate must clearly identify the animal by breed, age, sex, colouring and any distinguishing marks. It must also show that the animal has been vaccinated against rabies within the last three years. Animal tags are not accepted in lieu of certificates. Ferrets of any age from any country other than the United States require an import permit issued by the CFIA. Unaccompanied dogs between the ages of three and eight months from any country have specific documentation requirements. These requirements can be found by visiting the CFIA's Web site at www.inspection.gc.ca.

Allwindows

Apr 19, 2010
Hi imigrate,

Thank you for the reply.

My cat is all vaccinated, well-cared since we had him, he has every documents properly. We prepared all the necessary document for the transportation company. They will organize every legal task, fill out every proper paper work, they will see the veterinarian both here my original country and their corresponded company in Canada will track our cats they follow and fullfill legal requirement in Canada. First we will land and get settled and then the company will send our cat to Canada.

My concern here is:
- Although all the legal paper and legal work will be done by the company, and the corresponded company in Canada will get our cat from the custom on behalf of us, Should I still need to declare and fill out any kind of form?

Thank you.

Allw