+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An interesting situation / question...

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hey all,

I've just recently sent my sponsorship package to Mississauga, Ontario. I am sponsoring my wife from Latin America. As you all could imagine, it is VERY hard to be away from the one you love for so long. The wait time is 8-12 months. She applied for a Visitors permit 6 months ago to return to Canada, but was denied due to not having any immediate ties (aka immigrations thought that she was going to STAY in Canada, which was not our plan). So her chances of receiving a tourist Visa by applying again are VERYYY slim. Hence my thread...

Now I've got to wait 45-60 days to hear from the CPC who will notify me if I'm fit to be her sponsor. I am very confident that they will approve me considering I work 40 hours a week as an HVAC technician pulling in and average of $4,200 a month. I have not been in any previous marriages and have no children or any liabilities.

My question is as follows:

Am I able to go to Latin America and be with my wife as a Visitor after I have been approved? (180 day max as a visitor) But I plan to visit only for 3-4 months... I have requested a week or two off of work, but have been denied unless I can wait until November to take a week off... That ain't happening. So If I am to leave Canada once I have been approved to be her sponsor, I will have to quit my job to do so. After I have spent quality time with my wife and return to Canada, I will find a job asap. It is quite easy to find a position in my trade. Companies are ALWAYS hiring.

Will I have to notify the CPC about me leaving Canada for a few months at all? Could this affect my wife's PR application? I really want the best for our situation, but also the best for our relationship too.

Thank you very much for your thoughts!

- Bo

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
You are a citizen, right?

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
Hey which office is processing your application?

I am thinking of doing the opposite -- going up and waiting instead of rocking out down here...
have you been approved? -- mine says decision made and then in process... :) I guess i was approved right? :)

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hahaha... Sounds like you're approved! Mine is being processed in Mississauga atm. Then it will be sent down to Lima, Peru to handle my wife's PR application.

I won't hear whether I have been approved or not for about 50 days or so.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
mine is in BA -- we'll see im hoping that it will be FAST :) I planned on visiting in August -- and now i think im going to stay thinking economic wise.. its soo expensive from Uruguay!! like $1500!!!
so we'll see

I

iarblue

Where in Latin America are you going as you will need to go to the consulate responsible for that country get a visa and then you can go.My wife could not get a visa for here so i got one for Brazil and went to see her,we married in Brazil,then i went back for our first aniversary to be with her again,most Latin American countries will give you a 5 year visa but will only allow you to be in the country for a 90 days.If i want to extend i just go see the federal police there and they will extend it.
Since i am married i now hold a permant visa for Brazil and can come and go as i please for as long as i like.

I

iarblue

Well then bud there is your answer,if you can hold out in Peru for the time and you want to.You have a lot to consider.HVAC jobs in Toronto are a dime a dozen so it wont be hard for you to find work once your back.Can she alone afford to take care of you both when your there as you cant work.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Your sponsorship approval is not based on your job or income, so if you quit your job it will have no bearing whatsoever on your wife's PR application.

Going down to 'visit' and live with her will actually make your case stronger. If she is called for an interview you should provide evidence of your co-habitation.

FYI...although the website might say 50 days, most straightforward sponsorship apps are being processed in 30-35 days at the moment. I would say as soon as you get your letter approving you, quit your job and go be with your wife!!

I wish I had that option, but I have children here in Canada. If I didn't, I would be with my husband in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Thank you SO MUCH! You both just made my day! I will let my wife know asap.

I cannot wait to be with her. PTT phones and skype just don't cut it for us. I never thought that me going down there would strengthen the case, but yes! you're 100% right. It would definitely help..... Muchas gracias amigos!

I

iarblue

Just remember that if you stay down there with her for the whole process you will have to prove in your app your intent to move back to Canada i know it seems a bit stupid but they want to know that once she recieves the PR your going back to Canada.If you are going to come and go over the course of the PR you will not have to prove this.And if you say you are still living in Toronto like keep a rental here or property here it will help,but if you quit your job,leave your appartment,and say you are staying there for the process you will need to prove you intend to move back.

Boman744

May 19, 2010
I'm in Vancouver btw.. so you're saying that I do need to notify the CPC that I intend on visiting for 3 months? I won't be staying over that length due to no incoming funds as I will not have a job. The Canadian dollar goes a LONG way in Peru so I've saved enough to last me quite some time there and be prepared for anything up here in Canada too.

I

iarblue

No if your only visiting for the visa duration and after three months your coming back then you need not notify anyone,except your love that your coming.Just keep in mind that if you are using your address up here for any correspondence from them that you have someone check the mail regularly,but usually after it reaches the visa office they will send everything to your wife unless there is problems,so go stay with her enjoy your time together.
It makes this process a little more bearable if you can spend some of the process time with eachother,