+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An advice will be appreciated very much!

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a British Citizen and I married a Canadian Citizen in April 2017. I have applied for a family sponsorship to come to Canada and my file was received by IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada) in Mississauga back in September 2017.

I decided to leave Canada and go back to UK. and apply for the sponsorship outland.

In early November 2017, I have received an email from IRCC saying that our sponsorship have been approved. Right after receiving this email, I received another email from IRCC asking to pay for RPRF fee, submit a Police Background check from London, UK. submit an RCMP check from Canada (since I lived in Canada more than six month), do a Medical Exam/submit a Medical exam.

I was given a month to submit these documents which I managed to get everything done in three weeks and I/my Lawyer submitted everything online before the deadline.

Since I did not have the application number before receiving the confirmation email from the IRCC, I did not check the status of my application online.

Soon after I had my Medical exam done in London, I checked the status online (first time checking the status) and on the third line it said the "Medical Exam result have been received."

I would appreciate if someone could advise me what is the next step and based on experience, what should I expect next! Please do not assume the next steps as I'd like to know the protocol.

Here how my Ecas looks like:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on November 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received.
I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone who put time in reading my thread and replies.

Many thanks

Revenant

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a British Citizen and I married a Canadian Citizen in April 2017. I have applied for a family sponsorship to come to Canada and my file was received by IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada) in Mississauga back in September 2017.

I decided to leave Canada and go back to UK. and apply for the sponsorship outland.

In early November 2017, I have received an email from IRCC saying that our sponsorship have been approved. Right after receiving this email, I received another email from IRCC asking to pay for RPRF fee, submit a Police Background check from London, UK. submit an RCMP check from Canada (since I lived in Canada more than six month), do a Medical Exam/submit a Medical exam.

I was given a month to submit these documents which I managed to get everything done in three weeks and I/my Lawyer submitted everything online before the deadline.

Since I did not have the application number before receiving the confirmation email from the IRCC, I did not check the status of my application online.

Soon after I had my Medical exam done in London, I checked the status online (first time checking the status) and on the third line it said the "Medical Exam result have been received."

I would appreciate if someone could advise me what is the next step and based on experience, what should I expect next! Please do not assume the next steps as I'd like to know the protocol.

2. We sent you correspondence on November 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone who put time in reading my thread and replies.

Many thanks

Revenant
If you have submitted Schedule A, PCC, and medical, they will likely transfer the file to the visa office in London for processing. Some files are being processed entirely in CPC M, but impossible to say which ones. Once the processing begins it's the most laborious and longest part of the processing and it is not uncommon to not hear anything for a few months. This is coming from experience of someone who was outland and processed at London.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
If you have submitted Schedule A, PCC, and medical, they will likely transfer the file to the visa office in London for processing. Some files are being processed entirely in CPC M, but impossible to say which ones. Once the processing begins it's the most laborious and longest part of the processing and it is not uncommon to not hear anything for a few months. This is coming from experience of someone who was outland and processed at London.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I am so sorry to inform you that I am not familiar with these abbreviations at all ( Schedule A, PCC, CPC M,). Would you elaborate on them please?

Many thanks.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I am so sorry to inform you that I am not familiar with these abbreviations at all ( Schedule A, PCC, CPC M,). Would you elaborate on them please?

Many thanks.
Schedule A is IMM5669, the Background Check form, part of the application that is submitted upon request. Some lawyers submit it upfront even though you are supposed to wait
PCC is Police Check
CPC M is CPC Mississauga

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Oh I see,
Many thanks for the fast reply.

May I ask what phase am I at please?
It sounds like you're waiting for the file to be assigned a Visa Office so they can began processing it.

FYI it was 10months for us at LVO. They're a busy and slower office.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Revenant
Did they explicitely request the RCMP check or did you decide to get one yourself? I stayed in Canada for longer than 6 months too but i didnt get a request for an RCMP check just the Police Certificate of my home country.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
As a side note you could of stayed in Canada and still applied outland, and you are free to return as a visitor whilst the sponsorship app is in progress.

You may know this and have returned to work in the UK, just saying in case you don't know!

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Did they explicitely request the RCMP check or did you decide to get one yourself? I stayed in Canada for longer than 6 months too but i didnt get a request for an RCMP check just the Police Certificate of my home country.
Dear John013,

I was asked by IRCC to submit an RCMP check as I lived in Canada 5 years on and off before getting married.

Thank you for your comment and sorry about late reply!

Revenant

Reactions: John013

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
As a side note you could of stayed in Canada and still applied outland, and you are free to return as a visitor whilst the sponsorship app is in progress.

You may know this and have returned to work in the UK, just saying in case you don't know!
Dear Oldmacwright,

Thank you for your comments, as you stated, I knew that I could apply Outland and stayed in canada but since I had a job in UK (source of income) I decided to go back to UK.
I am planning a visit soon though.

Again many thanks for taking time reading my thread and replying.

kind regards

Revenant

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
It sounds like you're waiting for the file to be assigned a Visa Office so they can began processing it.

FYI it was 10months for us at LVO. They're a busy and slower office.
Dear KCward7,

Hi again,
Although that the Medical Exam is valid for six month only, could it be possible that it takes another 10 month to get a decision?

Many thanks

Revenant

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear KCward7,

Hi again,
Although that the Medical Exam is valid for six month only, could it be possible that it takes another 10 month to get a decision?

Many thanks

Revenant
Medical is valid for a year.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Wonder if anyone could help please?

I just checked my ECAS and apparently IRCC has sent me a correspondence few days back and asked for some documents etc to be submitted to them. The request has been emailed to my lawyer and he is not in town for a while. Does anyone have any idea how I can find out what is the content of the correspondence sent by IRCC?

Many thanks

Revenant