Amman Visa Office (2021-2022) Spouse Visa

alalim

Dec 15, 2021
Application submitted 13 Oct 2021
Biometrics Done 11 Nov
Medical completed 19 Mar
Pre-Arrival Services 26 Jun
PPR 27 Jun

Absolutely nothing from 19 Mar until 26 Jun and eligibility and background check were not started until they were suddenly both changed to complete after I received PPR. I found the tracker online not too helpful or very accurate.

Amman VO

Thanks for the reply, That makes me feel a lot better. Congratulations!!! Wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: CadSponsor

CadSponsor

Jul 3, 2022
Yes delivered in person, no problem. According to the tracking "its under process at IRCC"
That's good, I'm happy for you. It sucks that the instructions they send are wrong which causes a significant delay.

How are you planning on picking the passport up?

Last edited:

Deeb101

Jul 19, 2022
Anyone else have timeline updates for their application, currently waiting on the medical going to be almost 2 months since the application is been transfered to Amman.

Omab

May 12, 2022
Anyone else have timeline updates for their application, currently waiting on the medical going to be almost 2 months since the application is been transfered to Amman.
Hi, same here, still waiting for the medical exam. Almost 3 months since the file transferred to Amman !!!

Omab

May 12, 2022
Was your application through the Sydney, Nova Scotia centre
Yes through Sydney, outland applicant (Quebec)
Here’s my timeline:

IRCC application submitted: Jan 21, 2022
AOR: Apr 05, 2022
Biometrics request: Apr 21, 2022
CSQ ( Only For Quebec) : Request letter from IRCC: Apr 22, 2022 ( same date file transferred to Amman)
CSQ application received at MIFI: May 03, 2022
CSQ AOR: May 27, 2022
CSQ approval (from confirmation on call): May 31, 2022
CSQ received by mail: June 06, 2022
Waiting for medical ???

Can you please provide your timeline?

Deeb101

Jul 19, 2022
Yes through Sydney, outland applicant (Quebec)
Here’s my timeline:

IRCC application submitted: Jan 21, 2022
AOR: Apr 05, 2022
Biometrics request: Apr 21, 2022
CSQ ( Only For Quebec) : Request letter from IRCC: Apr 22, 2022 ( same date file transferred to Amman)
CSQ application received at MIFI: May 03, 2022
CSQ AOR: May 27, 2022
CSQ approval (from confirmation on call): May 31, 2022
CSQ received by mail: June 06, 2022
Waiting for medical ???

Can you please provide your timeline?
Mine is Outland Application (Ontario) through Sydney.

IRCC paper Application Submitted: Feb. 21, 2022

AOR: May 3, 2022

Biometrics Completed (already on record from visitors visa app) : March 1, 2022

Application Transfered to Amman: May 24, 2022

And waiting on medical

Omab

May 12, 2022
Mine is Outland Application (Ontario) through Sydney.

IRCC paper Application Submitted: Feb. 21, 2022

AOR: May 3, 2022

Biometrics Completed (already on record from visitors visa app) : March 1, 2022

Application Transfered to Amman: May 24, 2022

And waiting on medical
Thank you for sharing, i think Quebec applicants take more time to receive their medical. I hope we hear from them very soon. Please let us keep updated. Thanks!

CadSponsor

Jul 3, 2022
Yes delivered in person, no problem. According to the tracking "its under process at IRCC"
Did you have to book an appointment with VAC Lebanon to drop your passport? If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to go back to Syria when you dropped your passport off in Lebanon. I ask because my wife is also in Syria (PA) and she sent her passport via DHL to Amman but it still hasn't left Damascus even after 22 days. We're thinking of getting it back from DHL in hand delivering it in Lebanon VAC.

How do you plan on retrieving the passport from Lebanon?

CadSponsor

Jul 3, 2022
Anyone else with a PA in Syria and had to drop their passport off? Can you please share how you did it. We are stressing over this, any info would be appreciated. VAC and the embassy are not responding to my emails.

AhmadDar

Feb 28, 2022
Did you have to book an appointment with VAC Lebanon to drop your passport? If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to go back to Syria when you dropped your passport off in Lebanon. I ask because my wife is also in Syria (PA) and she sent her passport via DHL to Amman but it still hasn't left Damascus even after 22 days. We're thinking of getting it back from DHL in hand delivering it in Lebanon VAC.

How do you plan on retrieving the passport from Lebanon?
Yes I had to book appointment over the phone. Use ID to enter Lebanon, not passport. You have to sign 2 consents form to anyone you chose to retrieve it on your behalf. Keep in mind, VAC will only deliver to Lebanon address. So if you don't have an address in Lebanon the VAC will deliver it to a post office near the boarder and you can retrieve it from there.
https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2G0GtF7WPLvzToKOfompkv/c03d754f3eaf210cf115e35a9bfd096b/VFS-ConsentForm.pdf

They are very fast it took 5 days from sending the passport to receiving it stamped.
Best of luck to you

Last edited: