+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

Saadsourchi

Star Member
May 3, 2021
Thank you for your message to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office of the Embassy of Canada in Amman. Please note that the Embassy of Canada in Jordan is responsible for all immigration applications for nationals and residents of Iraq, Jordan, Syria, the West Bank and Gaza. Given the significant volume of correspondence received daily, responses are only provided to people who have already applied for a visa and require that all case-specific enquiries be submitted through

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hey I have sent an email to Amman this they reply back to me Due to ongoing efforts to maintain social distancing and minimize the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and in light of travel restrictions in effect, the Migration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Jordan has reduced services and is not open to the public.
What a joke, always Covid-19...

• Sad
Reactions: Kilan and mauie13

douniahalabi

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Thank you for your message to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office of the Embassy of Canada in Amman. Please note that the Embassy of Canada in Jordan is responsible for all immigration applications for nationals and residents of Iraq, Jordan, Syria, the West Bank and Gaza. Given the significant volume of correspondence received daily, responses are only provided to people who have already applied for a visa and require that all case-specific enquiries be submitted through
ANYTHING NEW GIRLS AND GUYS??????
I got my second ghost update I'm waiting to see what it is about and let u know... the first time they wanted additional documents but everything was passed except security so let's hope this time everything Is done

Saadsourchi

Star Member
May 3, 2021
They email me back Amman saying that Your spouse's case is in queue for officer review, once review process is completed you will be notified about the next step.

Bland

Oct 11, 2021
Hi There,
Does anyone can tell me please about my case:
I applied on Sep 24, 2020 for spouse sponsorship.
AOR is on May 7, 2021
The application is forwarded to the visa office in Amman Jordan on May 7, 2021
Medical is submitted on May 27, 2021
Until know there is no any other update !!!
I contacted Visa Office in Amman Jordan they said
Your case in queue for officer review, once the review process is completed you will be notified about the next step.

Please anyone can help about this case ? thanks in advance

Reactions: mauie13

Saadsourchi

Star Member
May 3, 2021
i submitted mine January 28 2021 Aor march 3 and march 30 it shipped to Amman and then July 6 medical passed biometric passed background check passed and then they say to me last week it’s for review and you will be notified for next step

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi There,
AOR is on May 7, 2021
Your case in queue for officer review, once the review process is completed you will be notified about the next step.

We have pretty much the same timeline and same amman response as well. All we can do is to wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi There,
AOR is on May 7, 2021

It is a very busy office so the queue is pretty long. If you don’t have to have an interview that will at least lead to faster processing times.

Bland

Oct 11, 2021
It is a very busy office so the queue is pretty long. If you don’t have to have an interview that will at least lead to faster processing times.
Since I had been in the US for more than one year and I have not provided the US police certificate yet because the US embassy in my country doesn't provide this services due to Covid-19 and I haven't been even asked about it by neither IRCC nor Amman Jordan yet!. Now, my application is in queue for officer review in Jordan and my application is already passed 12 months.

is this means that my backgroud has not been checked yet?
Does anyone can say some thing or help me about this situation please?

what is your suggestion to me to do now please. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Since I had been in the US for more than one year and I have not provided the US police certificate yet because the US embassy in my country doesn't provide this services due to Covid-19 and I haven't been even asked about it by neither IRCC nor Amman Jordan yet!. Now, my application is in queue for officer review in Jordan and my application is already passed 12 months.

is this means that my backgroud has not been checked yet?
Does anyone can say some thing or help me about this situation please?

what is your suggestion to me to do now please. Thanks in advance.
Did you get the pre-service letter ?

Bland

Oct 11, 2021
Did you get the pre-service letter ?
what does the pre-service letter mean please?
Only my wife got a letter that says you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor on May 13, 2021 and the application for PR for your relative will be forwarded to the visa office in Amman for further processing. Later, after a few days I got the medical request that’s all until now.

A couple weeks ago I contacted the visa office in Amman they say your application is in queue for officer review.

Last edited:

douniahalabi

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Hey guys I got my pre arrival letter this morning do I have to do anything about it or leave it?
there's nothing to do with it, it only helps you for your arrival in canada if you need help with some services.
But, pre arrival means ppr soon get ready between 3 days to 2 months