+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello brother welcome to our forum , yes I gave my passport on 7-sep-2020 and still saying dispatched to Ircc for processing and also my sister in law her Husband send his passport on 1-sep-2020 and still saying same as I , both of us our passport has been submitted in Erbil VFS .
Good to hear that dear. I've been checking with their call center frequently, a part from the online tracking. Let's hope to get the passports back at the earliest :)

I guess we can travel to Canada right away once the visas are issued, .

Thanks

Reactions: Miladb

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello brother welcome to our forum , yes I gave my passport on 7-sep-2020 and still saying dispatched to Ircc for processing and also my sister in law her Husband send his passport on 1-sep-2020 and still saying same as I , both of us our passport has been submitted in Erbil VFS .
Your sister in law's husband is related to you how? Is he your cousin, brother,...?

It would be easier if you refer to him based on your blood relationship with him. haha

Not important, just saying.

Reactions: Miladb

LFH14

Jun 10, 2020
Oh I’m so happy for you guys and inshallah you will Meet your husband in Canada and start new better life.
I know I’m asking a lot but Last question for you please ❤

will you send them the Quarantine plan? Or your husband should have it with his passport and ticket?
You can ask as much as you like, it's my pleasure to help.
I believe that he can just inform them his plan at the airport. I know many people that came to Canada during covid and they just explained their plan to the officer. They weren't landing but I don't think it is different, right?
My husband is coming after 10 days and he is going to carry a photocopy of my passport with him and our marriage license so that he is allowed to enter Canada. Let's see how it goes, I will be sharing updates here.

LFH14

Jun 10, 2020
Guys as our Friend SarahKaswer ask about quarantine plan , for those who receive their passport back and planing to travel to Canada Soon could you please share your experience about it with us ?

SarahKaswer thanks for the question .
I will share my husband's experience when he arrives to Canada. Also, I am ready to help if anyone has any questions.
I just hope everything goes smoothly without any airport closures. The rising of covid numbers is making us worried.

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
thanks brother, are you now in Jordan ? , I hope a safe trip for you and for your wife to Canada
Thank you. I am still in Canada i have booked my flight and i am leaving this friday to jordan i will spend few weeks and then we come back

One thing i want to share is canadian embassy in amman received my wife passport on aug/19 and the visa stamped on aug/20 as mentioned in the passport so it just took them one day to issue the visa and COPR the 2 weeks we were waiting was just wasted time so i am sure your passport stamped now but the unnecessarily delay is just unknown probably they stampe so many passport snd release them together easier for them instead of one by one

Good luck everyone !!!!

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hello all
I have a couple of things to advise here
1-Make sure that DHL or Aramex write the correct address.. In our case we gave them everything and the employee himself sent it directly to the embassy and we did not check the confirmation paper then we spent almost two weeks to get the passport back and resubmit it
2-During this journey we came to know from VFS that they receive the passport in batches not one by one so I think some people might get their passports really quick and some might have some delays .. fingers crossed
3-I came to know that the traveller should have a written plan of quarantine and people said it is very easy and they used an app called “ArriveCan” to make it and show it the visa officer

good luck all !

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello all
I have a couple of things to advise here
1-Make sure that DHL or Aramex write the correct address.. In our case we gave them everything and the employee himself sent it directly to the embassy and we did not check the confirmation paper then we spent almost two weeks to get the passport back and resubmit it
2-During this journey we came to know from VFS that they receive the passport in batches not one by one so I think some people might get their passports really quick and some might have some delays .. fingers crossed
3-I came to know that the traveller should have a written plan of quarantine and people said it is very easy and they used an app called “ArriveCan” to make it and show it the visa officer

good luck all !
Thanks much for the info.
In my case, I sent my passport with required documents via DHL to Erbil VFS (paid 33 USD).
Also paid 56,000 IQD to VFS as transfer package fees to Amman visa office. So VFS is supposed to call us for collecting our passports not the couriers, am i right?

ArriveCan Mobile & Web App link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#a_arriveCAN

Last edited:

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
I think you right brother so maybe when the call us then we need again to send someone from DHL to pick it back to us .
I paid the same amount 33 usd for dhl and 56000 IQD for file transfer and I put the receipt of Audi Bank with the passport package.

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I think you right brother so maybe when the call us then we need again to send someone from DHL to pick it back to us .
I paid the same amount 33 usd for dhl and 56000 IQD for file transfer and I put the receipt of Audi Bank with the passport package.

You're right. May be the passport collection would be done at DHL or any other courier due to the outbreak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarahkaswer

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020
I will share my husband's experience when he arrives to Canada. Also, I am ready to help if anyone has any questions.
I just hope everything goes smoothly without any airport closures. The rising of covid numbers is making us worried.
Hello, when your husband received his passport with the Visa and CoPR, did he have to contact anyone before booking his flights to Canada? My husband just received his CoPR and IM-1 and we don't know what to do next! We don't know if he can come to Canada to validate his CoPR because of Covid restrictions?

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello, when your husband received his passport with the Visa and CoPR, did he have to contact anyone before booking his flights to Canada? My husband just received his CoPR and IM-1 and we don't know what to do next! We don't know if he can come to Canada to validate his CoPR because of Covid restrictions?
That's pretty good news. Congrats!
If he wasn't given any travel instructions via email or with the package, I guess he can fly right away to Canada without contacting anybody. Since he is reuniting with you in Canada, he is exempt of travel restrictions as an immediate family member. here is more info on that:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Question: when and where did he submit his passport?

Reactions: joyjoy24

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020
If he wasn't given any travel instructions via email or with the package, I guess he can fly right away to Canada without contacting anybody. Since he is reuniting with you in Canada, he is exempt of travel restrictions as an immediate family member. here is more info on that:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

He submitted his passport to the VFS in Amman, Jordan, the end of August. I can't remember the exact date, but around Aug 23rd.

Reactions: hemin979

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020

Thanks for the link. It still seems unclear to me because it says, "You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions." But I suppose he's exempt, like you said, because he's an immediate family member.

Reactions: hemin979

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the link. It still seems unclear to me because it says, "You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions." But I suppose he's exempt, like you said, because he's an immediate family member.
Currently for cases like yours, the only thing that exempts your from travel restrictions is that you have to stay in Canada. whereas landing for PR validation and leaving the country is NOT allowed, at least for now!