11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
hissa said:
Question: on member's information on the side, it says App. filed and AOR Recieved. What is the difference between the two? I applied for sponsorship in May 2011, which I then got sponsor approval in June, but my husband's application was received Damascus in August 2011. So what would my information be for App. filed and AOR Recieved?
The application filed means when you sent in the actually application and Mississauga office received it which in your case seems to be in May.

The AOR is when YOU have been approved to sponsor your spouse, in June.

Application sent is when they actually shipped the package to Damascus, in August. :)

I hope that clarifies things.

In reality you are suppose to start counting from the day you received the AOR.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
im not going to redo the medicals now but i was just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to redo it in baghdad? or is it possible to redo from basra??

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
I.kat said:
im not going to redo the medicals now but i was just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to redo it in baghdad? or is it possible to redo from basra??
Baghdad is the only place in Iraq from what the website says: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2006&CountryName=Iraq

I think it costs around 250-300 dollars.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
feverdreams said:
Baghdad is the only place in Iraq from what the website says: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2006&CountryName=Iraq

I think it costs around 250-300 dollars.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
feverdreams said:
You're right, I got this email yesterday on my birthday how amazing :D:

Kindly note that the Visa was issued and labelled on your passport . You are required to collect the Passport.

You can collect the passport by one of the following options:

01- Collect the original passports by yourself at the embassy of Canada / Amman .Please note that the passports can be collected from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

02- Collect the original passports by an authorized recipient. He /she must handle an authorisation letter signed by you.Please note that he/she can submit the original passports from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

03- Collect the original passports by courier.For example, DHL, ARAMEX ...etc. You should open (sending)account there and ask them to come to the embassy to collect the passport.
wooow mabrook and happy birthday :D and what a nice gift!!!! my bday too is in a few days, we r the same sign :p and really i don't need anymore gifts!!!! i got the most imp one ;D ;D ;D

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
feverdreams said:

Kindly note that the Visa was issued and labelled on your passport . You are required to collect the Passport.

01- Collect the original passports by yourself at the embassy of Canada / Amman .Please note that the passports can be collected from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

02- Collect the original passports by an authorized recipient. He /she must handle an authorisation letter signed by you.Please note that he/she can submit the original passports from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

03- Collect the original passports by courier.For example, DHL, ARAMEX ...etc. You should open (sending)account there and ask them to come to the embassy to collect the passport.
i notice something strange though ::) it's said collect the passport from 8:30 to 10 but that's the time when ppl drop their passport ::) the collect time is from 1 to 2 (or 2 to 3) i always forget but sometime in the afternoon; also look at their website they say the same i said ::)
anyway he can go in the morning also if it's wrong then go again in the afternoon; just make sure he goes earlier, they let only 30 ppl enter
and for the morning part, we went from 6am waited till 6:30 put our name on the list then come again at 8am to actually enter; if ur name is not on the list and they already have many ppl (some could b for interview) u'll have to go back next day

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
samaseemo said:
Thanks Missmini very details analysis of the notes you got. im assuming once the app is in process its all good to go just needs some time to renew medical.

what about the police certificate did you have to renew these ?
no they didn't ask us any document at the end!! just the passport and the photos!! but from what i understood before a police cert is valid 90 days (u have to send it within 90 days from the issue date) but then they will consider it for 1 year!! now the uae one was not expired yet (or really at the very limit) and the syrian one was but he didn't go there recently, i guess they hinted that
also i saw in some places the deadline of 23/04/2013 (one year after they opened the file in ottawa); that could have been a deadline for criminality, security and more things; my guess is that if the checks were not done until that date then they would have asked for new ones
by the way, even now after we r done, i still don't make the diff between criminality and security; the criminality is abt the police cert and all; security might b more than that (checks with different agencies, etc); they might not check security for everyone, since i didn't see it as passed ::) maybe they check for ones who entered canada before who knows or maybe it appears right at the end

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
feverdreams said:
Hi! We applied in July and received the AOR in October. Do not worry we weren't even asked for anything! In December apparently my ecas change into process, but they never asked us for a single document. If they have asked you it's a good sign that means they have opened up your file. The in process part is also not reliable like other members have said. My friend never saw hers go into process one day they emailed her telling her to submit her husbands passport and this was in October. Don't be too worries, if I were you I would order the notes to see what's going on with your file :) But I think you will hear something very soon!
Thanks... hopefully you're right! Btw, how do I order the notes? I'm actually living in Jordan with my husband right now, so I wonder if I can receive them here?

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
hissa said:
Thanks... hopefully you're right! Btw, how do I order the notes? I'm actually living in Jordan with my husband right now, so I wonder if I can receive them here?
Salaam sister Hissa,
Go back to page 103 of this thread and you will find the thread to the notes you are looking for . It's in the middle of page 103 and written by MISSMINI , check for Reply# 1509

Question: I 'm a canadian citizen . If I come to Amman Airport without having a Jordanian visa ahead from Ottawa? Can I get the Visa it in the airport ? or I MUST MUST get first from Jordanian Embassy in Ottawa?

Please let me know and thank youvery much.

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
hissa said:
Salaam again, Try this for the notes

http://wikimmi.com/index.php?title=Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Hey msaidalii65. Thanks for your help :)
And no you don't need to get a visa ahead of time from Ottawa, you get it right in the airport when you arrive. You pay 20 Jordanian dinars for it. Hope that helps!

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
9-8-2012 in process 14-2-2013
Med's Done....
first 15-1-2012 second 28-5-2013
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
missmini said:
no they didn't ask us any document at the end!! just the passport and the photos!! but from what i understood before a police cert is valid 90 days (u have to send it within 90 days from the issue date) but then they will consider it for 1 year!! now the uae one was not expired yet (or really at the very limit) and the syrian one was but he didn't go there recently, i guess they hinted that
also i saw in some places the deadline of 23/04/2013 (one year after they opened the file in ottawa); that could have been a deadline for criminality, security and more things; my guess is that if the checks were not done until that date then they would have asked for new ones
by the way, even now after we r done, i still don't make the diff between criminality and security; the criminality is abt the police cert and all; security might b more than that (checks with different agencies, etc); they might not check security for everyone, since i didn't see it as passed ::) maybe they check for ones who entered canada before who knows or maybe it appears right at the end
Hi missmini, Thanks for all the posts that are really helpful for all of us!

I have a few questions I need to ask you:

1) When you say E-case, do you refer to the Application Status found on the CIC website?

2) Regarding the two photos requested when issuing the visa, as the emailed you shared indicated that the photos specs are 45mm x 35mm. Did you follow the extra specs we had when we first submit the application, namely chin to crown measurements? or you just provided a 45x35mm photo with white background?

3) Can you please send me the link where I can apply for the GCMS notes? How long does it take to get the notes from them?

Thanks in advance for your help,

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Salam everyone. I have yet another question... I know I'm annoying... but please bear with me.

When ordering the GCM notes, can I request them on my husband's behalf since I'm the sponsor, or must it be my husband's (the applicant) who requests the forms?

Wait, I just re-read the information again and it says that the person requesting the notes must be Canadian or have permanent residence, so that means my husband CANNOT request the notes on his own behalf. So that means I have to request them, but would I have to provide the consent form since technically the application is not mine, but my husband's?

I don't know if that made sense, hope it did. I appreciate any help, as I'm really eager to order these darn notes and see what's going on with my husband's application!

mohammedm123

Aug 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feverdreams said:

Hi feverdreams, I have a question, what was the process to send your passport to Amman? what courier did you use?

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
hissa said:
Hey msaidalii65. Thanks for your help :)
And no you don't need to get a visa ahead of time from Ottawa, you get it right in the airport when you arrive. You pay 20 Jordanian dinars for it. Hope that helps!
Salam Hissa,

Since you and your spouse are living in Jordan, why don't you both in person go to the Embassy and check about your case. I believe you will get the right answer from them becuase your file transferred from Damascus. Inshallah good luck