July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
missmini said:
hiii I.kat :) first congrats that u got a sign from them!! in my gcms notes ordered back in sept, the first thing they did was to look over the sponsor forms; so it means they started something in ur file too!! i think u should reply to them as soon as possible; it is unfortunate but it does happen for people to miss their mail or email; i think u r not the first or last one; what ur lawyer adviced u was good and logic; in ur explanation email include the proof that u indeed travelled; now i think it's better when u do email them to email everything: the explanation and the required duly filled form; i don't think they will just reject a file if a deadline is missed so don't worry but it might bring some delays; but of course if they see no sign after months long and let's say they send again another email and still no answer then it might!! good luck!!
hi missmini thanks for the reply. i sent them an email explaining the email was havked and attached all the requested documents. inshallah they will accept it even if it causes delays, its still better than any other bad news ( God forbid) . ill let u knowif anything new comes up

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Salhadin1 said:
I WAS ABLE TO LOGIN TO ECAS

YES!!!! MY APPLICATION SAYS

We started processing XXXXX XXXXX's application on February 3, 2013.
congratss..i was able to login also. they said they started processing my application on the 27th of january

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
feverdreams said:
Hi guys,

I had a question for the visa when you submit your passport do you know when they give you the passport back? Is it on set days or is it the next day you get it back?
from what i read before they will send an email saying the visa is stamped, the passport is ready to b sent back and to arrange with courrier to collect it; but noone knows after how many days; good luck!!

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
9-8-2012 in process 14-2-2013
Med's Done....
first 15-1-2012 second 28-5-2013
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
missmini said:
from what i read before they will send an email saying the visa is stamped, the passport is ready to b sent back and to arrange with courrier to collect it; but noone knows after how many days; good luck!!
hi.missmini
If i go to amman and give them the passport by hand .can i take the visa in the same day

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Hey Feverdreams, I have a question for you, if you can help please. :)
Your file was received in Damascus in July 2011 correct, or was it in Oct. 2011? The reason I'm asking is because you seem to be the closest to me in time since my husband's application was received in Damascus which was in August 2011.
We have heard nothing yet from the embassy except to redo the medicals and police certificate which they requested two months ago. Even on Ecas, it still does not say application in process, so I'm getting a bit worried, and again I'm asking for your information because we applied around the same time. I would like to compare dates and timeline with you.

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Question: on member's information on the side, it says App. filed and AOR Recieved. What is the difference between the two? I applied for sponsorship in May 2011, which I then got sponsor approval in June, but my husband's application was received Damascus in August 2011. So what would my information be for App. filed and AOR Recieved?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
roro2012 said:
hi.missmini
If i go to amman and give them the passport by hand .can i take the visa in the same day
hi roro
we did take it in the same day but it was risky!! initially they told us to come 2 days later; u could try of course but it's not 100% guarantee; for us we told them we were leaving in the same day and they asked us the plane ticket as proof; so make sure u have the proofs too
if u reside in Jordan then no, they will give it back to u on wednesdays usually

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
hissa said:
Question: on member's information on the side, it says App. filed and AOR Recieved. What is the difference between the two? I applied for sponsorship in May 2011, which I then got sponsor approval in June, but my husband's application was received Damascus in August 2011. So what would my information be for App. filed and AOR Recieved?
app filed was May (the day when u send it or the day when Missisauga received it if u know it)
aor = acknowledgement of receipt (some embassies will let u know when they receive ur application); for our timeline, we asked them in an email around July if they have our apllication and they replied - i took that as an AOR; for u the AOR would b in August
file transfer is the date when u get the sponsot approval - that for u is June

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
hey everyone
i have one more thing to share :)
we got our second gcms notes and i can tell u 100% that they started processing before ecas went to in process; i think for all of u who already have in process now u r really close to the end
our first more interesting notes were in december - from one set of notes it was this:

- it looked they needed more documents (military service exemption - although we sent it :( )
- they noted that the marital status was not changed in the family book and other Syrian document (no kidding, who would go to change that after so long of not living in that country and during war :eek: :eek: :eek:)
- medical exam expired, undergo new medical exam
- expired photos
- submit new or renewed passport (copy of the biopage and the renewal page)
(we did sent it and did tell them the passport was renewed back in July, i guess they didn't match the email with the file)
- submit proof of intentions to reside to Ca for ur sponsor :eek: (again i sent so many from the beginning)
VO for ur review

in any case not sure if this person was officer or just taking notes on the file but if i would have ordered the gcms notes like 2 months ago and have seen only this i would have been so freaked out :( cuz really especially for the military we couldn't have send more; we already killed ourselves trying to get the paper we sent, and we waited soooo long for that paper; it's really not easy getting documents there

now on the 13 of Jan, the main officer (i guess) finished checking our file; he really looks as someone sooo experienced and soo gentle; he put these notes:
- FOSS checked - no adverse info on either sponsor or applicant (FOSS is some internal system they have, it's like background checks)
- applicant and spouse have been living together in UAE for years; no previous marriages;
- supoorting documents show long term cohabitation and loving relationship
- satisfied, relationship is BF (BF means bona fide, which means genuine)
- i am satisfied that applicant and sponsor intend to reside permanently in Canada
- eligibility passed
- syrian police cert - no adverse info
- uae police cert - no adverse info
- criminality passed
- meds passed and valid until 29/11/2012 - will request re-assessment
- CSQ on file but not entered
(this is specific for quebec residents)
- RPRF paid
- AB please enter CSQ
- AB please request medical re-assessment as meds expired
(AB is the code for another officer)

now AB requested medical re-assessment on 22 of Jan, 9 days later; the request was sent to Paris Medical office (which is a little confusing since we sent our medicals to London, but somehow they found it)
it's clear that the re-assessment was positive and the medicals were extended probably on the day we got the PPR reuqet (04 of Feb) so it took roughly 2 weeks; a little faster than having to redo them plus no more money spent ;););)

also i found it cool that u can see at all times where the file is, how it's moved from registry to some guy's office, then to other office, so on; they record everything!!!!

so Salahadin, now if i were u, i would wait for them to contact me if they need those documents and i wouldn't do the medicals yet; the main officer is reviewing ur file during these very moments so maybe he won't ask u anything anymore; by the way when did ur wife's medicals expired? is it more than 15 months?

i hope this helps u guys see how they work behind the courtains!! it certainly helped me

good luck!! :)

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
mohammedm123 said:
actually me too what I have is engagement pictures, we didn't do a wedding..so these are ok it considered as wedding picture, yes I got the CD back with my sponsorship approval letter they sent me the letter and CD together same time.
Oh same with us. We didn't do our wedding yet. We only did katb el ktab and then a big engagement party. The wedding is on August 10, 2013. As soon as my sponsor evaluation comes out approved I am going back home. We will then send the wedding pictures right after the wedding as well as the honeymoon pictures inshallah. Let me know if they ever ask for the wedding pictures because that is what I am mostly scared of. :-[

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
soso23 said:
Oh same with us. We didn't do our wedding yet. We only did katb el ktab and then a big engagement party. The wedding is on August 10, 2013. As soon as my sponsor evaluation comes out approved I am going back home. We will then send the wedding pictures right after the wedding as well as the honeymoon pictures inshallah. Let me know if they ever ask for the wedding pictures because that is what I am mostly scared of. :-[
katb elktab is considered marriage in Jordan. i wouldn't worry.

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
missmini said:
hey everyone
i have one more thing to share :)
we got our second gcms notes and i can tell u 100% that they started processing before ecas went to in process; i think for all of u who already have in process now u r really close to the end
our first more interesting notes were in december - from one set of notes it was this:

- it looked they needed more documents (military service exemption - although we sent it :( )
- they noted that the marital status was not changed in the family book and other Syrian document (no kidding, who would go to change that after so long of not living in that country and during war :eek: :eek: :eek:)
- medical exam expired, undergo new medical exam
- expired photos
- submit new or renewed passport (copy of the biopage and the renewal page)
(we did sent it and did tell them the passport was renewed back in July, i guess they didn't match the email with the file)
- submit proof of intentions to reside to Ca for ur sponsor :eek: (again i sent so many from the beginning)
VO for ur review

in any case not sure if this person was officer or just taking notes on the file but if i would have ordered the gcms notes like 2 months ago and have seen only this i would have been so freaked out :( cuz really especially for the military we couldn't have send more; we already killed ourselves trying to get the paper we sent, and we waited soooo long for that paper; it's really not easy getting documents there

now on the 13 of Jan, the main officer (i guess) finished checking our file; he really looks as someone sooo experienced and soo gentle; he put these notes:
- FOSS checked - no adverse info on either sponsor or applicant (FOSS is some internal system they have, it's like background checks)
- applicant and spouse have been living together in UAE for years; no previous marriages;
- supoorting documents show long term cohabitation and loving relationship
- satisfied, relationship is BF (BF means bona fide, which means genuine)
- i am satisfied that applicant and sponsor intend to reside permanently in Canada
- eligibility passed
- syrian police cert - no adverse info
- uae police cert - no adverse info
- criminality passed
- meds passed and valid until 29/11/2012 - will request re-assessment
- CSQ on file but not entered
(this is specific for quebec residents)
- RPRF paid
- AB please enter CSQ
- AB please request medical re-assessment as meds expired
(AB is the code for another officer)

now AB requested medical re-assessment on 22 of Jan, 9 days later; the request was sent to Paris Medical office (which is a little confusing since we sent our medicals to London, but somehow they found it)
it's clear that the re-assessment was positive and the medicals were extended probably on the day we got the PPR reuqet (04 of Feb) so it took roughly 2 weeks; a little faster than having to redo them plus no more money spent ;););)

also i found it cool that u can see at all times where the file is, how it's moved from registry to some guy's office, then to other office, so on; they record everything!!!!

so Salahadin, now if i were u, i would wait for them to contact me if they need those documents and i wouldn't do the medicals yet; the main officer is reviewing ur file during these very moments so maybe he won't ask u anything anymore; by the way when did ur wife's medicals expired? is it more than 15 months?

i hope this helps u guys see how they work behind the courtains!! it certainly helped me

good luck!! :)
Thanks Missmini very details analysis of the notes you got. im assuming once the app is in process its all good to go just needs some time to renew medical.

what about the police certificate did you have to renew these ?

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
samaseemo said:
katb elktab is considered marriage in Jordan. i wouldn't worry.
Thanks samaseemo ! :D

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
hissa said:
Hey Feverdreams, I have a question for you, if you can help please. :)
Your file was received in Damascus in July 2011 correct, or was it in Oct. 2011? The reason I'm asking is because you seem to be the closest to me in time since my husband's application was received in Damascus which was in August 2011.
We have heard nothing yet from the embassy except to redo the medicals and police certificate which they requested two months ago. Even on Ecas, it still does not say application in process, so I'm getting a bit worried, and again I'm asking for your information because we applied around the same time. I would like to compare dates and timeline with you.
Hi! We applied in July and received the AOR in October. Do not worry we weren't even asked for anything! In December apparently my ecas change into process, but they never asked us for a single document. If they have asked you it's a good sign that means they have opened up your file. The in process part is also not reliable like other members have said. My friend never saw hers go into process one day they emailed her telling her to submit her husbands passport and this was in October. Don't be too worries, if I were you I would order the notes to see what's going on with your file :) But I think you will hear something very soon!

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
missmini said:
You're right, I got this email yesterday on my birthday how amazing :D:

Kindly note that the Visa was issued and labelled on your passport . You are required to collect the Passport.

You can collect the passport by one of the following options:

01- Collect the original passports by yourself at the embassy of Canada / Amman .Please note that the passports can be collected from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

02- Collect the original passports by an authorized recipient. He /she must handle an authorisation letter signed by you.Please note that he/she can submit the original passports from Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 Am to 10:30 Am.

03- Collect the original passports by courier.For example, DHL, ARAMEX ...etc. You should open (sending)account there and ask them to come to the embassy to collect the passport.