+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

This can be found at Change.org "Canada spousal immigration processing times"

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
congrate Dedoz good luck

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Yeay Dedoz! Im so happy for you. Will you guys be together for the New Year? :) CONGRATS!!

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
how do you add how long you've been waiting for ? is it called " Daisypath"?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
steph89 said:
how do you add how long you've been waiting for ? is it called " Daisypath"?
yeah just click on it and it will take you to the link :)

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Masriixo said:
yeah just click on it and it will take you to the link :)

okay great!! thanks :)

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Okay guys, officially freaking out and not in a good way. Ive been shaking since my husband called me.

They asked for additional documents including:

- [ ] Police certificate from Iraq with translation
- [ ] Police Certificate from Syria with translation
- [ ] University Transcript and degrees with translation
- [ ] Family document transcript from Syria with translation

Syria doesnt have a family document transcript. and how am I suppose to get all of these things without my husband going back to Syria or Iraq which I DONT want him to do. Im pulling my hair out. This whole thing is so stressful. I was not prepared to go through so much stress and anxiety in this process.

Does anyone have any experience with this??

We sent the original ones before with his application because I made sure to tell him to get them before coming to Amman. but now that we are in Amman he cant go back out.

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Masriixo said:
Okay guys, officially freaking out and not in a good way. Ive been shaking since my husband called me.

Syria doesnt have a family document transcript. and how am I suppose to get all of these things without my husband going back to Syria or Iraq which I DONT want him to do. Im pulling my hair out. This whole thing is so stressful. I was not prepared to go through so much stress and anxiety in this process.

We sent the original ones before with his application because I made sure to tell him to get them before coming to Amman. but now that we are in Amman he cant go back out.

can you go to the embassy and ask? and tell them that he cant go back to Iraq and Syria

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
I just checked CIC and they said that he can go to a Syrian/Iraqi consular or embassy here in Jordan and request one.

Im still not sure how long it will take. And this family document transcript is a whole other thing. They dont have those in Syria.

Either way im gonna go to the Canadian Embassy in Jordan on Sunday again and ask her where im suppose to get all of these and what happens if they dont come in on time. :(

Steph im officially freaking out, I honestly have not stopped shaking. my anxiety is getting so bad

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Masriixo said:
I just checked CIC and they said that he can go to a Syrian/Iraqi consular or embassy here in Jordan and request one.

Im still not sure how long it will take. And this family document transcript is a whole other thing. They dont have those in Syria.

Either way im gonna go to the Canadian Embassy in Jordan on Sunday again and ask her where im suppose to get all of these and what happens if they dont come in on time. :(

Steph im officially freaking out, I honestly have not stopped shaking. my anxiety is getting so bad

calm down .. breathe loll .. and you will get everything .. the embassy will tell you everything and where you can get the documents from. wait and see on Sunday .. everything will be okay

JiJi77

Aug 7, 2015
Hi All,
So I need some advice from people who have already been through the immigration process, or who are currently in the process.
I am getting married in Amman this May. I am trying to do research ahead of time to try to make this process as easy as possible.
After we prepare our application, I am planning to hire a lawyer from my city in Ontario to take care of our case and prepare the rest for us. We have nearly 3 years of conversations, pictures from me visiting Amman, and endless skype conversations to show proof of relationship.

I am wondering if it is a better idea for me to wait it out in Canada, away from my husband, until he gets his visa to come here. OR should i move there to be with him considering the length of time we would be apart. I don't want to be away from him, but I want him to get here as quickly as possible. I currently have a job in Canada, but i am willing to relocate. I am a teacher and I can apply for positions easily in Amman. If i am working in Amman, will that be enough to show my proof of income? When we move back to Canada (if he gets his visa) I would not have a job lined up, but i know my family will let us live with them as long as we need to.

I guess my main question is: Will it affect our chances of getting him here if I move to Amman and don't have a job waiting for me in Canada? Is there a right or wrong way to go about this? Any tips or advice? Thank you all!

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Masriixo said:

hi masriixo
y did they ask u for them didnt u put them when u apply ? at first
for me they only asked for medical only cause i didnt have it
r u in amman?

I'm in amman and still waiting for a year and six months getting crazy I dont know when it ganna complte
calm down habibi inshalla everything will be ok

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Frogandlove said:
hi masriixo
y did they ask u for them didnt u put them when u apply ? at first
for me they only asked for medical only cause i didnt have it
r u in amman?

I'm in amman and still waiting for a year and six months getting crazy I dont know when it ganna complte
calm down habibi inshalla everything will be ok
We did give them everything and I even explained why he doesn't have a family transcript document. Inshallah it doesn't take longer than a year for us. I can't imagine waiting any longer than a year. :( inshallah we all finish soon.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
JiJi77 said:
Hi All,
So I need some advice from people who have already been through the immigration process, or who are currently in the process.
I am getting married in Amman this May. I am trying to do research ahead of time to try to make this process as easy as possible.
After we prepare our application, I am planning to hire a lawyer from my city in Ontario to take care of our case and prepare the rest for us. We have nearly 3 years of conversations, pictures from me visiting Amman, and endless skype conversations to show proof of relationship.

I am wondering if it is a better idea for me to wait it out in Canada, away from my husband, until he gets his visa to come here. OR should i move there to be with him considering the length of time we would be apart. I don't want to be away from him, but I want him to get here as quickly as possible. I currently have a job in Canada, but i am willing to relocate. I am a teacher and I can apply for positions easily in Amman. If i am working in Amman, will that be enough to show my proof of income? When we move back to Canada (if he gets his visa) I would not have a job lined up, but i know my family will let us live with them as long as we need to.

I guess my main question is: Will it affect our chances of getting him here if I move to Amman and don't have a job waiting for me in Canada? Is there a right or wrong way to go about this? Any tips or advice? Thank you all!
Hi JiJi, first of all. Congrats on your upcoming marriage! I wish you a lifetime of happiness :)
I know a lot of people who hired lawyers and people you haven't. Lawyers aren't worth the money if your case is a routine case. For example, if your husband has a criminal record, or has applied and been denied a PR to Canada before, or anything conflicting, that's when a lawyer is useful. I've also had friends pay for a lawyer because they don't want to fill out the forms because, I have to admit, it was a tedious amount of time. Also I don't want you to have the false hope of thinking a lawyer will make your case process faster because in most instances, once your case has been submitted, there is little he can do. But at the end of the day this is your decision :)

Secondly, since being in Amman last year, I can reassure you that there are PLENTY!!' Of English teaching jobs so you will be fine.

Thirdly, I applied for my husband while I was with him in turkey (at the time) I had all my papers ready and sent them to my mother, and she sent them from our home address in Canada. Be in mind that I wrote in our additional information that I was in Turkey visiting my husband and my job was secure. (This was in April)

I came back to Canada from May until August for school and I realized that I was going insane without him so o jumped on a plane and now I'm in Amman with him again. It is very hard to leave your spouse, especially after being married. I know it's just a certificate but all your feeling change once there's a ring on your finger. You feel everything you felt before but x 100.

Long story short. No, it will not effect your application of your in Jordan waiting with him. My advice though is to apply while your in Canada and then leave. Because then you don't have to tell them about your intention about going home. Once you apply, wait a couple of weeks and then email CIC stating that you couldn't bare to be without him and that you will stay with your husband until he gets in PR.

Another thing to remember is that there is no set income for you to sponsor your spouse. It only matters if you are on welfare or are receiving government assistance.