canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cdnpr2017 said:
Do I just ask for a visitors record? Or do I have to go inside the office to get one?
You don't need to ask for a Visitor Record. Just enter as normal, stating that you are visiting while your PR app processes. Provided you have proof of finances, you should have no issues.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
The issue is you dont know if you your app is in process as you have not received your AOR... proof of payment may not suffice. As i mentioned in a message, at this point, until you have AT LEAST the AOR1, dont mention that your app is in process.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Nobody can assure you of anything. As an American, you have a strong liklihood of being permitted to enter as a visitor.

However, it has been known for Americans wishing to enter as a visitor with a Canadian partner to be refused entry, and excluded from Canada (not allowed to come back for a period of time), if the officer felt their primary intent was to stay.

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218891/index.do?r=AAAAAQAHVmlzaXRvcgE

There is no guarantee, as it is down to the officer's discretion. It is quite likely you will be fine. It is entirely possible you will not be. Until you get there and talk to an officer, you will not know. At the best end you'll be waved through in 10 seconds. At the worst, you'll be turned around and excluded. Anywhere between the two is possible.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I am only taking one bag of stuff with me in my car, btw!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
And I ha be never overstayed in the past

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
Cdnpr2017 said:
I have never crossed while my app is on process so I am a bit nervous :s
You should be fine... my husband crosses the border everytime while were still waiting for aor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
starnaenae said:
The issue is you dont know if you your app is in process as you have not received your AOR... proof of payment may not suffice. As i mentioned in a message, at this point, until you have AT LEAST the AOR1, dont mention that your app is in process.
The fee receipt is fine for proof. Even without AOR, the app is most likely already in the system where CBSA can see it. It is much better for OP to mention the app than to not mention it.

Bcboundboy said:
Nobody can assure you of anything. As an American, you have a strong liklihood of being permitted to enter as a visitor.

However, it has been known for Americans wishing to enter as a visitor with a Canadian partner to be refused entry, and excluded from Canada (not allowed to come back for a period of time), if the officer felt their primary intent was to stay.

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218891/index.do?r=AAAAAQAHVmlzaXRvcgE

There is no guarantee, as it is down to the officer's discretion. It is quite likely you will be fine. It is entirely possible you will not be. Until you get there and talk to an officer, you will not know. At the best end you'll be waved through in 10 seconds. At the worst, you'll be turned around and excluded. Anywhere between the two is possible.
The very big difference in that and every other situation where I have seen an American excluded is that they did not have a sponsorship application submitted. OP has applied for PR, which shows IRCC that they are following the rules to live in Canada legally.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
The fee receipt is fine for proof. Even without AOR, the app is most likely already in the system where CBSA can see it. It is much better for OP to mention the app than to not mention it.

The very big difference in that and every other situation where I have seen an American excluded is that they did not have a sponsorship application submitted. OP has applied for PR, which shows IRCC that they are following the rules to live in Canada legally.

Even if I don't receive aor by Monday should I still mention it since I have the receipt?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
jeff198901 said:
Even if I don't receive aor by Monday should I still mention it since I have the receipt?

Cdnpr2017 is my wife, btw

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Cdnpr2017 said:
Will telling the officer I'm staying for 2 months create any problems?
As long as you are still a visitor, (and not moving in), you will be fine. You can visit for two months. I flew to Canada almost every weekend while my PR is in application. I stayed the entire summer as well. There is no guarantee of anything (Visiting is sanctioned by the border officers). Just be honest and stay as a visitor. :)

Good luck :)

ihatetrump

Jan 30, 2017
You won't have any issues. You don't even need to have proof that the application is paid or in progress. I cross the NY-QC border every weekend and they have never asked me for proof and never had an issue.

Now it's better if you get a beautiful visitor record. I didn't ask for one, heck I didn't even know those beautiful records existed! until one day an officer gave me one and told me I could stay until I get PR status.

Don't be nervous.