+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

American Dental Hygienist trying to get a work visa in BC

marlimar

Dec 21, 2018
Hi, I am a registered dental hygienist from California who has absolutely fallen in love with British Colombia over the last few years. I have an opportunity to come stay up with a friend for a few months in the spring and am in between jobs. I am in the process of getting my dental license so that I could work as a dental hygienist while I'm there and can hopefully extend my trip and continue to work. Im having trouble finding the right type of work visa for a NOC Code Skill Type Level B (young professional) that will help me temporarily work in BC while I'm staying with a friend. IEC doesn't work with US citizens and it seems like every visa needs a written job offer, which I can try to get once i'm up there but it seems like you need one far in advance. Ive researched a lot of the websites but it just seems like I'm going in circles now. Thank you anyone who has any information to point me toward an extension of stay/work visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am a registered dental hygienist from California who has absolutely fallen in love with British Colombia over the last few years. I have an opportunity to come stay up with a friend for a few months in the spring and am in between jobs. I am in the process of getting my dental license so that I could work as a dental hygienist while I'm there and can hopefully extend my trip and continue to work. Im having trouble finding the right type of work visa for a NOC Code Skill Type Level B (young professional) that will help me temporarily work in BC while I'm staying with a friend. IEC doesn't work with US citizens and it seems like every visa needs a written job offer, which I can try to get once i'm up there but it seems like you need one far in advance. Ive researched a lot of the websites but it just seems like I'm going in circles now. Thank you anyone who has any information to point me toward an extension of stay/work visa.
Hi

If you want to work in Canada, you need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. As the LMIA process takes months, has very strict requirements and costs the employer $1000 with no guarantee of approval, it is next to impossible to find one willing to go through the process.

marlimar

Dec 21, 2018
Are there not already employers with a positive LMIA? Or do they have to apply for each specific case

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are there not already employers with a positive LMIA? Or do they have to apply for each specific case
They have to apply for a separate LMIA for each specific employee / case.