+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

America/Canada Spousal Sponsorship

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
My husband is an American Citizen and we have applied for the spousal sponsorship and awaiting approval. If for some reason we decide we want to move to America instead of Canada say 2-3 years from now, is this possible? Is he able to just sponsor me since he is an American citizen?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
My husband is an American Citizen and we have applied for the spousal sponsorship and awaiting approval. If for some reason we decide we want to move to America instead of Canada say 2-3 years from now, is this possible? Is he able to just sponsor me since he is an American citizen?
There shouldn't be any problem for your husband to sponsor your green card. The matter of fact is he can sponsor you right now. The whole process is kind of similar, but not exactly, as Canada spousal sponsorship. The waiting time is somewhat different, depends on which country you were born (not solely based on your current citizenship).

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yes, it's possible, and as long as you are a Canadian citizen, your husband would be able to maintain his Canadian PR indefinitely, even living outside of Canada, as long as he resided with you.

If you would like more information about applying for a green card, you should refer to an American immigration forum.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Also, be aware that marriage based green card will have two years of "Probation" period (Conditional Green Card).

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Also, be aware that marriage based green card will have two years of "Probation" period (Conditional Green Card).
The conditional period is dependent on how long they have been married. I sponsored my spouse; it is an easy process - though not as easy as for me going to Canada. More info here.