+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amendments to Modernize the Immigration System

dipkona

Feb 6, 2008
Will this amendment reduce the processing time? I think if applicants are available to qualify then backlog will increase automatically. Increasing qualifying marks can reduce the application and processing time.
What is your idea?

Mar 15, 2008
Will this amendment reduce the processing time? I think if applicants are available to qualify then backlog will increase automatically. Increasing qualifying marks can reduce the application and processing time.
What is your idea?
I think it will reduce the processing time.
The lesser the number selected, the faster the processing for those who are selected.
The amendment will probably not increase qualifying marks - it will simply drop certain applications.

In my opinion, applicants who skills are not in relative shortage in the Canadian labor market will be dropped.
For example, an accountancy is a skill that these days can be more or less automated *relatively* more than computer
programming, so there is not as much shortage. Likewise if a guy who is skilled in Sales from India applies and there is
another guy who is skilled in computer programming applies, CIC would likely drop the Sales guy's application: because
Canadians' sales skills are more available than programming and computer programming is more portable across cultures than Sales skills. I am only giving an example.

So if you have a skill where demand>>supply, or if you are recognized in your field or if you have a solid network of verifiable, *well placed* references, preferably North American or European, you may have a better chance.

Mar 15, 2008
ngeorgia, I am not sure about life sciences. Do you mean Biology, etc? If so, you may have to check the current job trends
in Canada through job sites and industry articles. That literature would tell you whats going on in your area. However if you are from Europe or US you should not face any problems.