Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Hi everyone,

I am applying for citizenship and just recently decided to check the CBSA travel report to make sure that my records match theirs to avoid any issues. I have noticed that one of the trips that I have made is not listed in their records. I have, however, listed it in the residency calculator when I applied for citizenship. All the other trips are recorded correctly and match my records. Hence two questions:

1. Do you think this is a big deal?
2. How do I go about adding this trip on the CBSA travel log? I have searched around but could not find this info.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
andriy155 said:
Hi everyone,

I am applying for citizenship and just recently decided to check the CBSA travel report to make sure that my records match theirs to avoid any issues. I have noticed that one of the trips that I have made is not listed in their records. I have, however, listed it in the residency calculator when I applied for citizenship. All the other trips are recorded correctly and match my records. Hence two questions:

1. Do you think this is a big deal?
2. How do I go about adding this trip on the CBSA travel log? I have searched around but could not find this info.
Logically, it shouldn't be a problem, because the fact one of your trips wasn't listed shows you're being honest.

However, reading through appeal cases, it appears CIC sometimes raises this against an applicant. The judge then usually says that it can't be held against the applicant.

I don't know about the second question, but I suspect it won't be possible. I think the travel history concerns your interactions with the CBSA, and if they don't have a record of your entry, they can't create one out of thin air - I'm guessing. Do you have passport stamps for that trip?

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
frege said:
Logically, it shouldn't be a problem, because the fact one of your trips wasn't listed shows you're being honest.

However, reading through appeal cases, it appears CIC sometimes raises this against an applicant. The judge then usually says that it can't be held against the applicant.

I don't know about the second question, but I suspect it won't be possible. I think the travel history concerns your interactions with the CBSA, and if they don't have a record of your entry, they can't create one out of thin air - I'm guessing. Do you have passport stamps for that trip?
Unfortunately, they have not stamped my passport. So, the only thing that I have is a train ticket for that trip. The train company said they can issue an official letter. I have emailed CBSA. Once they get back to me, I will post here.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
andriy155 said:
Unfortunately, they have not stamped my passport. So, the only thing that I have is a train ticket for that trip. The train company said they can issue an official letter. I have emailed CBSA. Once they get back to me, I will post here.
Thanks. I'll be interested to hear what they say about amending their information in these cases.

Ramzi

Aug 6, 2013
Can you please let me know how to get these CBSA travel reports and how long does it take to process? Also do they provide only the date of entry into Canada or leaving (departure from Canada) also?

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
frege said:
Thanks. I'll be interested to hear what they say about amending their information in these cases.
I found it. Check out this form: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11-eng.asp I guess, this is their official way of making corrections to the record of travel.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Ramzi said:
Can you please let me know how to get these CBSA travel reports and how long does it take to process? Also do they provide only the date of entry into Canada or leaving (departure from Canada) also?
They respond within 30 calendar days. Just fill out this form: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-58-eng.asp and mail it to:
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8

The report contains all your entries into the country. In my case they searched by my surname and date of birth. info contains exact time of entry, location, ID I was using, my citizenship and CBSA officer ID. This report is free if you are ordering it for yourself.

To get information about departures from Canada, you need to contact the authorities of the country you departed to. CBP is the agency to contact in the US. They do accept electronic requests but there is, I believe, a four-month-wait for processing. This service may or may not be free.

Ramzi

Aug 6, 2013
andriy155 said:
They respond within 30 calendar days. Just fill out this form:
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8

The report contains all your entries into the country. In my case they searched by my surname and date of birth. info contains exact time of entry, location, ID I was using, my citizenship and CBSA officer ID. This report is free if you are ordering it for yourself.

To get information about departures from Canada, you need to contact the authorities of the country you departed to. CBP is the agency to contact in the US. They do accept electronic requests but there is, I believe, a four-month-wait for processing. This service may or may not be free.

Thanks a ton. I lost one of my passports; so are you saying that I have to contact all the countries I visited to get the exact dates? Canadian Govt doesn't have any info? :s Anyother way to get this info?

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
If you flew, you most likely have a frequent flyer programme (e.g. Aeroplan for Air Canada), you may be able to pull off printing their point accumulation transaction page.
From what i understand, you will not be asked to provide travel reports from all countries you have visited. However, if there is an RQ request (and I hope both of us avoid that), then you may be asked to provide the travel reports from all the countries where you have citizenship, permanent residence (and potentially long-term visitor's visas). So, most likely, that will be your country of citizenship and, potentially, the US. What is your country of citizenship?

Ramzi

Aug 6, 2013
Ohhh man, am screwed then. Its almost impossible to get this information from country of citizenship. They are just crazy.

Does Canadian Govt even asks these kind of information from other countries? Just curious :s I mean to validate the dates?

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Ramzi said:
Ohhh man, am screwed then. Its almost impossible to get this information from country of citizenship. They are just crazy.

Does Canadian Govt even asks these kind of information from other countries? Just curious :s I mean to validate the dates?
They may ask for this info if there is RQ request, but let's hope that does not hope. If worse comes to worst, you can explain that your government does not provide this info. I seem to recall india not offering this information, for instance. i do not believe that canadian govt will contact other countries to get this info. The only exception is info exchange with the US that started on 01.07.2013 but has been going on a test basis for a while now.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
andriy155 said:
They respond within 30 calendar days. Just fill out this form: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-58-eng.asp and mail it to:
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8

Hi adriy,

I came across on the CBSA website it said that you will need to submit a cheque for 5 dollars for this record. However, you have provided a different link and form. Did this work for you without he 5 dollar application fee? How long ago was this? Just to confirm if things have changed recently.
Also, did you had to provide you passport number as well in the request form?
And the dates you want you entries for? Im just planning to get it for more more than 4 years

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
HI uncanny,

It is $5 if you are looking for information for someone else (under the so called access to information request). However, if you request information for yourself (under the privacy act) you get this very same information for free. My ne'er standing is that it has always been free. I requested my information a month ago and got it today. I photocopied my passports as well as my pr card and sent them together with my request. I am not sure of this is required though.
In my application I asked for travel history from 2002 (the year I came to Canada as a student) till now.

Hope this helps!