+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amendment in BOWP dates. How can ?

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

My BOWP was issued and expiry date was misprinted instead of 2016 its saying 2015. Can any one has same experience ?

I called CIC agent and he did the request via e-mail to the office. Also it has been in their system. But the thing is now its almost 2 weeks and they did not dispatch it yet .. :(

I want to know how can I request CIC to dispatch asap the new & corrected BOWP ? Because I am going on vacations I need the corrected one.

Please advise.

Thank you.

vjack

Feb 6, 2015
Here is my situation :

I applied BOWP on Mar 11th , it is approved in May 11th but the validity date showing as 31 - july-2015. This date is same as My previous closed WP expiry date is 31 - July-2015.

I received my BOWP hard copy today (15th May 2015) with Expiry date is 31 - july-2015.

I called to CIC agent on 13-May-2015 and explained situation , he filled one form (Vos form) and sent to Processing officer.He said it will take 1 month to get reply from them.

I explained my situation to my local MP office , they called to CIC . CIC agent told that it will take 1 month to get reply from them.

I called to other CIC agent yesterday , they told me still didn't get reply from processing officer and it will take upto 3 months to get reply from them. I dont know what to do ?

Thanks,
VJ

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
vjack said:
Here is my situation :

I applied BOWP on Mar 11th , it is approved in May 11th but the validity date showing as 31 - july-2015. This date is same as My previous closed WP expiry date is 31 - July-2015.

I received my BOWP hard copy today (15th May 2015) with Expiry date is 31 - july-2015.

I called to CIC agent on 13-May-2015 and explained situation , he filled one form (Vos form) and sent to Processing officer.He said it will take 1 month to get reply from them.

I explained my situation to my local MP office , they called to CIC . CIC agent told that it will take 1 month to get reply from them.

I called to other CIC agent yesterday , they told me still didn't get reply from processing officer and it will take upto 3 months to get reply from them. I dont know what to do ?

Thanks,
VJ
Ohh Man,

so we had almost same issue, that is error in dates. We do not have any option to correct it ? and get it in quick time :(

Any one else faced similar situation please share ?

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
cecpet said:
Ohh Man,

so we had almost same issue, that is error in dates. We do not have any option to correct it ? and get it in quick time :(

Any one else faced similar situation please share ?
sorry to hear that..for a safe side do couple of things
(1) Sent an email to them regarding your situation.
(2) There is enquiry form,fill it & submit the same. this enquiry form is logged in CIC system & they have to take some action on it,same reflects in your GCMS notes too.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Kota1978 said:
sorry to hear that..for a safe side do couple of things
(1) Sent an email to them regarding your situation.
(2) There is enquiry form,fill it & submit the same. this enquiry form is logged in CIC system & they have to take some action on it,same reflects in your GCMS notes too.
Hi Kota,

Thanks for your response, but where to send the e-mail ? Which e-mail Id ?
And which enquiry form need to be filled ?

Please advise. Thanks.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
This is just not on.

Write to the Minister and copy in the Shadow Minister

cecpet said:
Hi Kota,

Thanks for your response, but where to send the e-mail ? Which e-mail Id ?
And which enquiry form need to be filled ?

Please advise. Thanks.

vjack

Feb 6, 2015
HI CECPET,

did you get any reply from CIC reg your BOWP hard copy with changed date. Please update your latest status.

Thanks,
VJ

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
vjack said:
HI CECPET,

did you get any reply from CIC reg your BOWP hard copy with changed date. Please update your latest status.

Thanks,
VJ
No VJ, I did not got any response yet waiting for them to mail it. I Called CIC asking about if they despatch it already they says your request is in process but they did not dispatch yet.

What about yours side ?

vjack

Feb 6, 2015
Hi Cecpet,

I spoke to CIC call center agent , they told me that it will take 3 months from the date of form is submitted. I told my situation my closed WP will going to expire in 31st Jul 2015 and he asked me to call 1st or 2nd week of july to speedup the process.

I contacted MP office , they told me that wait for 13th Jun 2015 , if we are not getting any response then they will call to CIC .

Thanks,
VJ

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
vjack said:
Hi Cecpet,

I spoke to CIC call center agent , they told me that it will take 3 months from the date of form is submitted. I told my situation my closed WP will going to expire in 31st Jul 2015 and he asked me to call 1st or 2nd week of july to speedup the process.

I contacted MP office , they told me that wait for 13th Jun 2015 , if we are not getting any response then they will call to CIC .

Thanks,
VJ
I will call on Monday and will see the status again will update you.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
vjack said:
HI cecpet,

did you get any update on amendment on BOWP date ?

Thanks,
VJ
Hi VJ,

On Sunday I received same way e-mail as we were getting before on our BOWP process on Monday another e-mail, then yesterday I called CIC asked about the status that did they dispatch it yet or not. Then he told me yes it has been despatch from CIC on Sunday you will received it with in few days. So that means when they work on your request you will surely get the same e-mail that your account has been updated.. bla bla that means CIC working on that.
So Today I got another e-mail saying you have message in your account and when I saw it was same message that we received it before when our BOWP got approved. And good thing is that before my expiry was in may now its in June . ALHAMDULILAH .. :p got one more month.

All things happen from GOD for a good reason.. ;)

Also note that I did not received yet in hand. hopefully by friday I will.

Wishing you the same luck bro. Please update when you got any info.

Thanks.

vjack

Feb 6, 2015
Hi cetpet, you mean you will get new wp upto june 2016 right?. Congrats man. I have question, how do you know your application is in progress , is cic updated Inprogress in ur bowp application ?. I checked mine in gckey . Still it showing closed with old wp date. Thanks, vj

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
vjack said:
Hi cetpet, you mean you will get new wp upto june 2016 right?. Congrats man. I have question, how do you know your application is in progress , is cic updated Inprogress in ur bowp application ?. I checked mine in gckey . Still it showing closed with old wp date. Thanks, vj
Yes, BOWP Expiry Date will be new whenever CIC will release a correct BOWP. The date will be the same like if they release today so your expiry will be June-12- 2016.
About e-mail I was saying when they will start process on your request of new BOWP you will received the same e-mails as we were getting before, when our BOWP was in process.
So once it will be approved you will get a e-mail from CIC. Also status will remain same "Approved and closed" just you will receive a e-mail from CIC.

vjack

Feb 6, 2015
HI Cecpet,

I called CIC call center today, told me that , they didnt receive any reply from processing officer. Looks like call center agent send email to processing officer?.

Please let me know in your case , call center agent raised any form or he sent mail to processing officer .

Please let me know steps you proceed to resolve ur BOWP issue.

Thanks,
VJ