10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Hi,

I am currently in the process of filing my taxes and preparing an application for a post graduate work permit (as I have recently met all the requirements to graduate). One of my former employers from 2013 over paid me due to the fact that 24 additional hours was added to my pay (there was an error on the machine). Please bare in mind that I only worked for them during a two week period, thus my hours should not have been over 40 hours (given the 20 hour limit on my Off Campus Work Permit per week). They paid me for 46 hours in this 2 week period, and sent this incorrect information to CRA. Subsequently, after much dialogue with them regarding correcting the information, I paid them back for the 24 hours added and they amended the T4 form this month. Now it correctly shows that I only worked 22 hours (13 hours 1 week, 9 the next) during the two week period.

My question is this: will CIC have a problem with this? And do I need to write/send a letter with my application to inform them of any of this?

I ask because sometimes they check CRA to see how many hours people worked on their OCWP before they apply for the PGWP.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Baanayaad said:
Hi,

I am currently in the process of filing my taxes and preparing an application for a post graduate work permit (as I have recently met all the requirements to graduate). One of my former employers from 2013 over paid me due to the fact that 24 additional hours was added to my pay (there was an error on the machine). Please bare in mind that I only worked for them during a two week period, thus my hours should not have been over 40 hours (given the 20 hour limit on my Off Campus Work Permit per week). They paid me for 46 hours in this 2 week period, and sent this incorrect information to CRA. Subsequently, after much dialogue with them regarding correcting the information, I paid them back for the 24 hours added and they amended the T4 form this month. Now it correctly shows that I only worked 22 hours (13 hours 1 week, 9 the next) during the two week period.

My question is this: will CIC have a problem with this? And do I need to write/send a letter with my application to inform them of any of this?

-- No You are ok. CIC authorized you to work for 20 hours per week but CRA doesn't know that. Both are different government bodies. They don't share information with each other until consent is signed by you. You don't have to worry about it. No need to attach any kind of letter. I know many friends who worked for more than 20 hours per week on SIN when they were studying.

I ask because sometimes they check CRA to see how many hours people worked on their OCWP before they apply for the PGWP.