+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amend work permit for passport re-issue ?

rampy

May 13, 2016
Hi,

I was recently re-issued with a fresh Indian passport with my name corrected (note: It's not a name change, but name correction. Like many Indian passports, last name field was blank and given name field had both first name and last name). I am an open work permit holder and the current work permit refers to the old passport. Do I need to get my work permit updated/ apply for re-issue of work permit ? The name in my current work permit is however proper, the way I filled in the application form. My only concern is the passport number in the work permit. Please let me know.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rampy said:
Hi,

I was recently re-issued with a fresh Indian passport with my name corrected (note: It's not a name change, but name correction. Like many Indian passports, last name field was blank and given name field had both first name and last name). I am an open work permit holder and the current work permit refers to the old passport. Do I need to get my work permit updated/ apply for re-issue of work permit ? The name in my current work permit is however proper, the way I filled in the application form. My only concern is the passport number in the work permit. Please let me know.
1. Don't worry about it. Keep a copy of your old passport, with your new passport.