+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ambiguity in siblings information for IMM 5707

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Hi folks,

I am a Canadian citizen residing in Saudi Arabia and my wife and in-laws (Saudi citizens) are planning to take a family vacation with me to Ontario this summer. After filling out the questionnaire, CIC asks for the IMM 5707 family information (not the IMM 5645 - as is the case for other countries).

The tool tip next to the family information form states that all family members' information is required (including siblings and half siblings). However, unlike the 5645 form, or even the 5707 from 4 years ago (that I used for my wife's TRV in 2012), the current revision of the 5707 (revised in 2014) does not have a section for siblings.

Section A is for spouse and parents. Section B is for children and Section C is simply confirmation that this document is complete and factual.

My question is, since the form does not specifically have a dedicated siblings' section (such as the one on 5645), do they need not to enter sibling information? I would normally ask them to enter it anyway to be on the safe side, but my father in law has 15 siblings (!) and gathering all the details from siblings that live across the world is no easy task. If CIC does not require siblings' information, he rather not have to spend all the time and effort.

Hope someone can correctly clarify.

Thank you.