+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I still eligible for the PGWP? (Outside of Canada & Study permit expired soon)

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
I am an international student who has been studying a post-degree diploma in one of the DLI colleges.
I went back to my country (Korea) in November 2019 for vacation, then the COVID-19 had spread.

So now I am studying online in my country. I have already finished more than 50% of my studies in Canada.
My Study Permit will expire in March 2021. Since I am outside of Canada, I have applied for a new study permit and got an approved letter last week.
I know I can continue my studies online with the approval letter, but I want to know whether I can still apply for the PGWP with the approval letter after graduation.
I have been asking my school to provide a support letter to enter Canada, but they denied not to provide it since all classes are delivered online.
Even Korean Airlines do not allow boarding if I don't have a support letter. So I can't technically enter Canada now.

My question is:
Should I get the study permit for receiving PGWP? or Am I still eligible to get the PGWP with the approved letter?