+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I still a visitor??

MWVC

Apr 15, 2012
Brace for a little bit of a story:

So I applied a for a six month temporary resident status as a visitor extension in December 2014 and a new study permit application in mid-January 2015 before my visitor status expired at the end of Jan 2015. So from the end of my status until today I was under Implied Status in Canada.

Today I got the results back from both of my applications. The visitor extension was approved but the study permit was refused. I did NOT receive the usual online acceptance letter for the visitor extension application, but the online status says that the application was closed and approved. However, I did receive the online refusal letter for the study permit application, which informed me that my temporary resident status expires as of today Feb 13, 2015.

So I'm confused as to whether my status is actually expiring today as per the refusal letter, or if it was extended as per the approved visitor status extension. I called the CIC Call Centre and the guy over the phone said that the visitor extension was approved so I should be getting the letter and the document in the mail. When I questioned as to whether or not the study permit refusal means I am not able to stay, he assured me that my status still remains a visitor. I was relieved to hear that, but I still have not received the online approval letter for the visitor extension. So now I'm worried again.

What do you all think? Is my status expired or extended?? I'm going to prepare an application for restoration just in case, but I was just hoping for some feedback/advice. Thanks everyone!

kassymoon

Jan 31, 2015
Go back to your country and apply from there for study permit. If your visiting visa expiry and you are still in Canada, then you are automatic disqualified to entry or apply to come to Canada on any ground

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
MWVC said:
Brace for a little bit of a story:

So I applied a for a six month temporary resident status as a visitor extension in December 2014 and a new study permit application in mid-January 2015 before my visitor status expired at the end of Jan 2015. So from the end of my status until today I was under Implied Status in Canada.

Today I got the results back from both of my applications. The visitor extension was approved but the study permit was refused. I did NOT receive the usual online acceptance letter for the visitor extension application, but the online status says that the application was closed and approved. However, I did receive the online refusal letter for the study permit application, which informed me that my temporary resident status expires as of today Feb 13, 2015.

So I'm confused as to whether my status is actually expiring today as per the refusal letter, or if it was extended as per the approved visitor status extension. I called the CIC Call Centre and the guy over the phone said that the visitor extension was approved so I should be getting the letter and the document in the mail. When I questioned as to whether or not the study permit refusal means I am not able to stay, he assured me that my status still remains a visitor. I was relieved to hear that, but I still have not received the online approval letter for the visitor extension. So now I'm worried again.

What do you all think? Is my status expired or extended?? I'm going to prepare an application for restoration just in case, but I was just hoping for some feedback/advice. Thanks everyone!
Your visitor extension was approved. There is no more to it.