+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I possibly class B or non at all

edd1e

Nov 5, 2009
Ok, so first of all Im pretty glad I came across this forum as it has opened my eyes and untangled some of the jargon I was unclear on. So, heres my dilemma,

I came to Canada in October 2006 having just completed a ba hons. degree in Marketing (4 years) and went straight to whistler as I love the snow.

I secured employment as a 'boot fitter' which is a ski technician who repairs ski boots, makes custom orthotics and requires a lot of on the job training and specific certification (indemnification). I then left Canada in Oct. 2007 due to my temporary worker visa expiring.

In 2008 I came back (october again) and took up the same employment and left in 2009 (october).

Now I am returning once more under another temporary worker visa (as I have renewed my student status) which will only last 12 months.

The thing is Id like to make canada my permanent home and apply for residency. However If my job is considered 6421 (retail sales person) (low skilled) I can not apply.

However I feel my job title relates more to 6343 (class B) (semi-skilled) Shoe repairers and shoe makers as I do more than sell boots etc, There is alot of boot manipulation etc that goes into this.

Am I right in thinking this would allow me to apply or would the HRSDC most likely consider me as 6421 retail sales person........

Any help would be great as I am a little in the dark as to the possibilities....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It's not so much the job title, but the job responsibilities, and your ability to PROVE what your responsibilities were. The letter of employment from your employer has to to attest to job responsibilities (and trainin); if you have certifications, you would submit those as well. But just a warning - if the job was seasonal in nature, it might not be accepted.

Dhiman_k

Jul 23, 2017
Category........
PNP
It's not so much the job title, but the job responsibilities, and your ability to PROVE what your responsibilities were. The letter of employment from your employer has to to attest to job responsibilities (and trainin); if you have certifications, you would submit those as well. But just a warning - if the job was seasonal in nature, it might not be accepted.
Hello.
Id like to apply as a Footwear designer & I find 6343 job code the closest to this profession. Can I apply through this code if I intend to work as a Footwear designer in Canada?
PLEASE HELP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I secured employment as a 'boot fitter' which is a ski technician who repairs ski boots, makes custom orthotics and requires a lot of on the job training and specific certification (indemnification). ...
However I feel my job title relates more to 6343 (class B) (semi-skilled) Shoe repairers and shoe makers as I do more than sell boots etc, There is alot of boot manipulation etc that goes into this.

Am I right in thinking this would allow me to apply or would the HRSDC most likely consider me as 6421 retail sales person........

Any help would be great as I am a little in the dark as to the possibilities....
Would depend on the written job description you can get from your employer.
This is more likely, but it is also classified as unskilled, unfortunately.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=7&val1=7445&ver=16&val65=ski