+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

::) Am I on the right track? -First JOB

jessxgc

Mar 3, 2014
Hello everyone good morning! After graduating a 2 yrs college program and getting the 3 yrs post-graduate work permit, I have now just started working as a front-desk agent in a hostel. Hoping to become an assistant manager in the next two years. Would that position qualify me to apply under the CEC? And I would need one year in that position, is that correct?
I'd appreciate your response. Cheersss

jessxgc

Mar 3, 2014
Re: Am I on the right track? -First JOB

Another questionnn

What someone told me is that "NOCs O, A, and B are considered skilled, NOCs C/D unskilled.".
Considering that, and checking this link:

www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html

Skill level
B
Occupations usually require college education or apprenticeship training.
- Major group 12
124 Office administrative
assistants - general,
legal and medical

So that position of administrative assistant can also give me the right to apply for the PR under CEC? (wrking for one year)? It's NOC B, so thats why it had me wondering. But it seems too easy as that is a position one could easily get.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your response. Regards!

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
One year of work experience as an assistant manager will qualify you for CEC. You cannot use work experience in the following occupations to qualify for the CEC:

Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)

However, please note that the Canadian immigration system is changing to express entry in 2015. How this is going impact CEC, we do not know.
Hope this helped!
Good luck

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Unfortunately NOC 1241 Administrative assistants - are no longer accepted under CEC category.

dlau9227

Apr 9, 2014
Hi there, yes you can apply for CEC after you become ASM. Also i suggest looking into BC PNP semi-skilled stream which you can apply as a front desk at the hostel. Just something I thought that you may want to consider.