+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I NOC skill code 4163?

safwangc

Jun 12, 2013
Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble with this one. I feel I can fall under a couple of categories. I'd hate to see a rejection based solely on me providing the incorrect code.

My job title is GIS Marketing Analyst. My job duties are written below the potential NOC codes.

I believe I'm NOC code 4163. (business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants)

could also be, but doubt it. NOC code 1123 (Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations)
-this occupation's descriptions seems more for people executing marketing campaigns. I'm a market analyst, I analyze data for targetted marketing.

My job deals with Geographic Information Systems, but I'm not a technician like the NOC 2255 describes (technical occupations in geomatics and meteorology)

Job Duties This is currently what my employer's reference letter says. If need be, I can ask my supervisor to update it accordingly.

As a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Marketing Analyst, his main responsibilities include creating and implementing effective targeting models for unaddressed advertising programs.

-Utilizing in-house, client and various third party Census, PMB, CPC and Segmentation data to execute market research initiatives.

-Identifying geo-demographic patterns and forecasting opportunities for direct marketing campaigns.

-Maintaining databases as well as geographic boundary files to ensure proper structure of database integrity.

-Generate thematic maps using Geographic Information Systems software and technical skills and reports through custom research and targeting applications by executing custom queries and digitizing boundary files.

-Conduct analyses with sales, demographic and market share data to support customer and geographic profiling and targeted marketing campaigns.

Let me know what you think, any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You're right, there's no good NOC code for you. Didn't realize HRSDC had such a limited view of GIS. Bizarre!

I would say probably 4163 or possibly 4164 - depending on what your company is selling -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4164&val65=4165

But I would suggest that you send your job description to HRSDC and see what they say - if nothing else, I hope this would alert them to this hole in their classification!

safwangc

Jun 12, 2013
Thank you for the response! I updated my reference letter a little bit to comply a little better with 4163. My manager is happy to sign it again for me.

Another quick question before I post the updated duties. My company doesn't have letterhead (TC Transcontinental). It's really stupid considering they are Canada's largest printing and distribution company. They instead place a logo in the header of all official hard copy correspondences. My initial contract is like this as well. I however have attached my manager's business card which has company logo and contact info on it. This shouldn't be an issue right, as I've included all my pay stubs, T4s and tax assessments?

Job duties:

As a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Marketing Analyst, his main responsibilities included creating, developing, and implementing effective targeting models for unaddressed advertising programs through market research to attract higher consumer sales.
• Analysis was performed utilizing in-house, client and various third party Census, PMB, CPC and Segmentation data to execute market research initiatives.
• Identifying geo-demographic patterns and forecasting opportunities for direct marketing campaigns and opportunities.
• Maintaining databases as well as geographic boundary files to ensure proper structure of database integrity.
• Analyze sales, demographic and market share data attained through customer surveys (point of sale, PMB data, etc.) indicating consumer habits/preferences in the retail industry.
• Generate thematic maps using Geographic Information Systems software and creating reports through custom research and targeting applications by executing custom database queries and digitizing boundary files to effectively present market research results and/or customer profiling.

Thanks for the help!

harsiv

May 28, 2017
Hi All,
I am Hari from India applying for Canadian PR under 4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants. Pleas do let me know if you got the PR and the procedure.

Thanks!!!