+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I Eligible , plz help!!!

efgh2371

Nov 4, 2014
HI All,

Can any one plz tell me if am I eligible to apply for PR in either EE2015/FSW2015 , I will provide my details below.
Age - 26
Education - 3 yrs undergraduate from India
Work Experience - 7 yrs as IT analyst ( 6 yrs in India + 1yr in USA)
ILETS Score - 6.5 ( L-6.5 , R-6 , w-6 , S-7).
Currently residing in USA ( H1b).
No Canadian work experience / job offer.

Which is a better option for me EE or FSW ?
In which category I will be eligible to apply?
I will fall under the NOC 2174 , is this already cap?
What is the current cap for NOC 2174 for FSW2014?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
After January 1st 2015 you will have to go through the EE first then if you have enough points you will be given an Invitation to Apply. In order to be eligible to get the ITA you also have to qualify under one of the streams, FSW is one of them.

I am not sure but I think you ILETS score has to be a little bit higher in order to qualify under the FSW. You need to have at least a score of 7 and you have a score of 6.5.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

I would suggest you work a little more on you English (maybe take some classes) and retake your ILETS. While you are doing that you will also need to gather other documents. One thing you will need is a ECA and I think that can take a few months to get.

Rahul77

Feb 3, 2012
efgh2371 said:
HI All,

Can any one plz tell me if am I eligible to apply for PR in either EE2015/FSW2015 , I will provide my details below.
Age - 26
Education - 3 yrs undergraduate from India
Work Experience - 7 yrs as IT analyst ( 6 yrs in India + 1yr in USA)
ILETS Score - 6.5 ( L-6.5 , R-6 , w-6 , S-7).
Currently residing in USA ( H1b).
No Canadian work experience / job offer.

Which is a better option for me EE or FSW ?

Hi there

Firstly ,your ielts score is sufficient to apply if you fulfill minimum point requirement i.e. 67.In your case ,I suggest you to apply under current point system as in case of express entry it gonna be tough to get selected without job offer as they assigned 600 points for job offer.
In which category I will be eligible to apply?

Thanks in advance for your response.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
efgh2371 said:
Can any one plz tell me if am I eligible to apply for PR in either EE2015/FSW2015 ,

EE is a pre-screening step before you can apply for the FSW program. When EE goes into effect, you cannot directly apply to the FSW program, you have to go through EE first - if successfuly, you will get an invitation to apply to whichever program you are eligible for, such as FSW.

Yes, the cap has been reached for 2014.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure but I think you ILETS score has to be a little bit higher in order to qualify under the FSW. You need to have at least a score of 7 and you have a score of 6.5.
No. You are talking about IELTS marks and they are talking about Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). To compare IELTS to CLB please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

efgh2371

Nov 4, 2014
HI Regina,

I checked my CLB level with my IELTS score , I am falling under CLB7 with my IELTS score.
Can you plz advise me if I will be eligible with this or do I need to retake IELTS?

Thanks.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
efgh2371 said:
HI Regina,

I checked my CLB level with my IELTS score , I am falling under CLB7 with my IELTS score.
Can you plz advise me if I will be eligible with this or do I need to retake IELTS?

Thanks.
Here you can see how many points you can claim based on your current IELTS scores:

Proficiency — first official language

13. (1) The points that are to be assigned for proficiency in each of the language skill areas in the first official language of a foreign national, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

(a) for a foreign national who has no accompanying spouse or common-law partner
(i) 0 points for being assessed at less than level 4,
(ii) 6 points for being assessed at level 4 or 5,
(iii) 9 points for being assessed at level 6,
(iv) 17 points for being assessed at level 7,
(v) 23 points for being assessed at level 8,
(vi) 31 points for being assessed at level 9, and
(vii) 34 points for being assessed at level 10 or higher; and
(b) for a foreign national who has an accompanying spouse or common-law partner
(i) 0 points for being assessed at less than level 4,
(ii) 6 points for being assessed at level 4 or 5,
(iii) 8 points for being assessed at level 6,
(iv) 16 points for being assessed at level 7,
(v) 22 points for being assessed at level 8,
(vi) 29 points for being assessed at level 9, and
(vii) 32 points for being assessed at level 10 or higher.

Hope this helps/....

I am in the same boat as you are, I am under H1B in the USA, Civil Engineer with 10+ years of experience, Mi IELTS ar 8.5-7.5-7.5-8.5, 35 years old and degrees in the USA. Get your ECA done, re-evaluate your points under EE, after checking on many potential applicants here I strongly believe that people with excellent resumes, more than good English skills and decent education are above 400 points (without Canadian experience and/or education which is our case), and if this is your case, a job offer is not that complicated for the other 600 points. Canadian employers in high demand professions, are very inclined into hiring foreign professionals with USA experience, I know this firsthand.

efgh2371

Nov 4, 2014
Thank You Omaus25 for the brief explanation.
Can any one plz advise me rather than IELTS score what else we need to apply for EE?
For example : ECA.
And how we must apply for Manitoba Nominee program?

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my friend, you need to do your home work, this is not a forum to tell you step by step what you need to do, for that I would recommend you to hire an immigration consultant attorney, if you are not willing to put the effort of researching, reading and finding the facts that are easily found online, here is a good tool for you to use:

www.google.com

As a last answer on this and I way to show you some respect and the benefit of the doubt:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

Do your part, if you don't want to do it then hire an attorney, there are quite a few and some of them are really good...

Vamshi

Aug 29, 2012
Hi All,

I am currently working in Canada on a Valid Workpermit. My Work permit is on ICT (Intra company Transfer). I was transferred from India to Toronto and currently working here. My job code is NOC 2283. Am I eligible for applying PR under Express Entry as I am having a valid offer letter.

What all documents I need from my employer to file my PR? Please suggest and kindly help me out.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Vamshi said:
I am currently working in Canada on a Valid Workpermit. My Work permit is on ICT (Intra company Transfer). I was transferred from India to Toronto and currently working here. My job code is NOC 2283. Am I eligible for applying PR under Express Entry as I am having a valid offer letter. What all documents I need from my employer to file my PR? Please suggest and kindly help me out.
You can apply, of course, but you will not get points for "arranged employment" without a valid LMIA. If you don't get enough points, you may not receive an invitation to apply. If your employer is willing to apply for an LMIA for you, that is your best chance.

Vamshi

Aug 29, 2012
Thanks for your reply jes_on. I am already on a valid work permit(ICT). Still I need to get an LMIA??. Also I would like to let you know that I worked here in Toronto from Aug 2011 to April 2012. and now from Nov 2014 still working. Does my experience also adds any points.