+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Am I eligible for sponsoring my parents in this case?***

bluestream

Nov 16, 2016
I got my PR as a dependent when my husband applied for his two years ago.

In order to answer question 5 on IMM1334, should I define myself as "became a PR after being sponsored as a spouse or common law partner"? I am not sure if "got PR as a DEPENDENT along with my husband as the main applicant" is the same as "got PR after SPONSORED"? Can anyone advise please?

Also, is it possible for my husband to be the sponsor (instead of co-signer) for my parents?

Many thanks, everyone!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Only you can sponsor your parents. Your husband can co-sign.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bluestream said:
I got my PR as a dependent when my husband applied for his two years ago.

In order to answer question 5 on IMM1334, should I define myself as "became a PR after being sponsored as a spouse or common law partner"? I am not sure if "got PR as a DEPENDENT along with my husband as the main applicant" is the same as "got PR after SPONSORED"? Can anyone advise please?

Also, is it possible for my husband to be the sponsor (instead of co-signer) for my parents?

Many thanks, everyone!
You were NOT sponsored. You were the dependant of a Principal Applicant. Completely different immigration classes (Economic vs Family Class).

bluestream

Nov 16, 2016
zardoz said:
You were NOT sponsored. You were the dependant of a Principal Applicant. Completely different immigration classes (Economic vs Family Class).
If I am sponsoring my parents and my husband is sponsoring his parents (while the two of us being the cosigner for each other) at the same time (all submitting this year with no previous undertaking), how should each of us deal with the numbers (for previous undertakings and the family size for counting the minimum income) on the "financial evaluation form"?

My own family: husband, myself, and one child (3 people)
My parents (with me being sponsor, to be submitted): 2
My in-laws (with me being co-singer, to be submitted): 2
Total family size (if both applications approved): 7

I am assuming for my form (and my husband should do the same on his form), I should put in "2 current undertaking" (for my parents), but what number I should put in for "previous undertaking" as a co-signer? Accurately speaking, I had no previous undertakings because I am only co-signing my in-laws at the SAME time as I am sponsoring my parents?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Total family size would be 7 for both of you. You will say you have no previous undertakings.

bluestream

Nov 16, 2016
scylla said:
Total family size would be 7 for both of you. You will say you have no previous undertakings.
How can I work the number up to SEVEN on IMM5768 since it does automatic counting?

2. You (1)
3.A Current undertakings (2) - my parents
3.B Previous undertakings (0)
4.(0)
5. Your spouse if not included in 3. above (1) - my husband
6. Every other family member (1) - my child
Total: 5

Where would I put in my current co-signing of my in-laws (another 2) so that the total will be 7?

Many thanks!

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
For the first set of parents, they would be ‘Current Undertakings’ for the second set of parents/in-laws, you would include them under ‘Previous undertakings, not yet in effect’. i.e. 3.B)ii)

Current undertaking: Refers to the sponsorship application you are currently preparing.
Previous undertakings: Refers to sponsorship applications you are or were involved with, either as a sponsor or co-signer, where the applicants were granted permanent residence as a result of the application.
Applications that were returned, rejected or never submitted are not considered as “previous undertakings”.
Undertaking still in effect:
• The sponsorship application was approved,
• the persons you sponsored or co-signed for became permanent residents as a result of the sponsorship application, and
• The undertaking has not yet expired.
Undertaking not yet in effect:
• You are in the process of submitting another sponsorship application or a sponsorship application you submitted is being processed,
• The persons you are sponsoring are not yet permanent residents,
• Depending on the decision on your application, you might become financially responsible for the persons included in the sponsorship.