+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I Eligible for CEC

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Hi,

I was in Canada for last 14 months, came back to India last week. I was working there as a Software Developer as an onsite employee of an Indian IT company. My friends are suggesting to apply for CEC. Am I eligible for this? What would be the my NOC group?

Any reply / suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.

bhiwani

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I read into your query, you seem to be eligible. Eligibility requirements are:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).

For the last point, you will need to take IELTS test.
Read here more for eligibility criteria:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Check here for you NOC code:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

You can also email noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca for obtaining your NOC category based on your work responsibilities.

oba3

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-AUG-2013
Hi,

I'm afraid but I also would like to know am I eligible for CEC.

I started working for skilled job (NOC level B) in Canada May 2012.
I usually work 40 hours per week. However, my office had been closing last winter for 3 weeks.
It wasn't paid vacation time, so I think I have 11 months and 1 week of 40 hrs/week.

Anybody please give me advice,
* can I become an eligible applicant in May 2013?,
* should I wait more 3 weeks in order to apply under CEC? or
* should I wait till next winter is over? (should I keep working full-time at least straight 12 months without any unpaid vacation?)

I would appreciate for you.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bumbak said:
Hi,

I was in Canada for last 14 months, came back to India last week. I was working there as a Software Developer as an onsite employee of an Indian IT company. My friends are suggesting to apply for CEC. Am I eligible for this? What would be the my NOC group?

Any reply / suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.
Your Noc code is 2174 http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2174

did you get your pay in canadian dollars?
Received T4 from company? ,
applied for taxes in canada and have notice of assessment?
can you get a ref letter from your employer(stating duties, period, job title, salary, company letter head, contact person details)?

If you say yes for all the above questions

read this document CEC op25A for more info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oba3 said:
Hi,

I'm afraid but I also would like to know am I eligible for CEC.

I started working for skilled job (NOC level B) in Canada May 2012.
I usually work 40 hours per week. However, my office had been closing last winter for 3 weeks.
It wasn't paid vacation time, so I think I have 11 months and 1 week of 40 hrs/week.

Yes

* should I wait till next winter is over? (should I keep working full-time at least straight 12 months without any unpaid vacation?)

I would appreciate for you.
No, you have to be alteast 1 year (52 weeks/12 Months) fulltime.... so you will have to wait till june

Yes

No you dont have to wait till next winter, you would be eligible in June,,, but most people suggest that "not to apply just after finishing 52 weeks, however just give some bandwidth like applying after 54 weeks to be on safe side"

Hope this helps

oba3

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-AUG-2013
Thank you honeysingh. So helpful!!
I will wait and apply after I get 54 weeks.

honeysingh said:
No, you have to be alteast 1 year (52 weeks/12 Months) fulltime.... so you will have to wait till june

Yes

No you dont have to wait till next winter, you would be eligible in June,,, but most people suggest that "not to apply just after finishing 52 weeks, however just give some bandwidth like applying after 54 weeks to be on safe side"

Hope this helps

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Thank you HoneySingh!!! Answer to your first three question is yes, but as far as ref letter goes I can get a letter from the Canadian company I worked for but they would not mention my salary since my parent Indian company gave me salary. I have a sort of contract letter from the Indian company though which have my pay mentioned. Would that work?

Thanks again for your help!!!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anto21 said:
hi ,
im confused a bit regarding tax return information slip,
my information is - arrived in canada as a skilled worker, work permit holder on june 14 , 2012,
and i am planing on submitting my p.r application under cec on july 2013, but my tax return is only from june 2012 to dec 2012, is this sufficient while submitting my application for p.r
Your question has just been answered. You don't need to post the same question in two separate threats! :)