+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for CEC?

ericna

Dec 22, 2008
I recently graduated university and got a permanent job offer.
now I am working for Province of BC, my job title is a information system analyst.

I have a 8 months of co-op(working experience), 4 months of full-time working experience with off-campus work permit(information system analyst), 4 months of part-time working experience with off-campus work permit(infomation system analyst).

My question is that I do not have a full-time 1 year working experience, am I still eliible for CEC? (I have not applied for post-graudate work permit, I am working with my off-campus work-permit which valid until Aug 2009. If I am eligible for CEC, I am planning to apply for CEC not post-graduate work-permit.)

Thanks.

Eric

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ericna said:
I recently graduated university and got a permanent job offer.
now I am working for Province of BC, my job title is a information system analyst.

I have a 8 months of co-op(working experience), 4 months of full-time working experience with off-campus work permit(information system analyst), 4 months of part-time working experience with off-campus work permit(infomation system analyst).

My question is that I do not have a full-time 1 year working experience, am I still eliible for CEC? (I have not applied for post-graudate work permit, I am working with my off-campus work-permit which valid until Aug 2009. If I am eligible for CEC, I am planning to apply for CEC not post-graduate work-permit.)

Thanks.

Eric
1. You better apply for the PG work permit as you have graduated so your "off-campus" work permit is only valid for an additional 90 days after graduation as a transition to PGWP.
2. If the co-op was considered "skilled work" then you have sufficient time in to apply.

PMM

spin04

Jan 19, 2009
im pretty sure that any sort of work done WHILE studying doesn't count towards the year of full time work experience. i read it has to be done after graduation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not eligible for CEC yet but you might look into BC PNP.