+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for Canadian PR

Sarab-meher

Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I am an Indian married to Canadian citizen guy in 2014 and my PR was rejected in 2017. Now we are blessed with a baby in July 2019 in India so can we reapply for my Canadian PR now? And will our baby get Canadian citizenship as her father is Canadian citizen?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am an Indian married to Canadian citizen guy in 2014 and my PR was rejected in 2017. Now we are blessed with a baby in July 2019 in India so can we reapply for my Canadian PR now? And will our baby get Canadian citizenship as her father is Canadian citizen?
Why was the app refused?

If the father became Canadian before the child was born, yes, she is a Canadian citizen.

Jul 29, 2019
Why was the app refused?

If the father became Canadian before the child was born, yes, she is a Canadian citizen.

Not completely right.

The original post must reveal more information before the judgment is made.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/act-changes/rules-2009-2015.html

"In 2015, you didn’t become a Canadian citizen if you:

• had your British subject status revoked
  • renounced your British subject status
  • were born outside Canada after the first generation (unless one of the exceptions to the first generation limit to citizenship by descent apply)"

The simple answer is just because you are born into a family where at least one parent is Canadian, just not necessarily mean you are Canadian. Your parent must meet certain requirements in some cases.

Reactions: Noramoda
Jul 29, 2019
I cannot edit my first post, so have to repost the last sentence due to typos:
The simple answer is just because you are born into a family where at least one parent is Canadian, you are not necessarily a Canadian. Your parent must meet certain requirements in some cases.