+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am i Eligible for Canadian Experience Class

sindhu1987

Apr 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

First I would like to thank Canada Visa Immigration Forum for establishing a platform to discuss on various issues regarding immigration policies, streams etc. After my extensive research on this site, I truly believe this is an incredible application which provides an opportunity to make your dreams come true with ease and strength.

As everyone has a story in canada i do have one certainly, which is going to be very complex if i dont awake from day dreams quickly and start discussing the facts with people in this forum that put me in right direction to reach the destination with less constraints.

I'm an international student who got graduated in Sep, 2014 and currently having Post Graduation work permit (open Work Permit) issued on NOV,25, 2014 which is valid for one year that expires on NOV-25, 2015. I started working as full time employee since Sep 17, 2014 as a Retail Supervisor being paid $11/Hr for 32 - 40 hours a week consistently till date in a franchise based company.In this process few questions raised in my mind, they are as follows.

1: Would i be eligible to apply for Permanent residence under CEC category by sep, 17 of this year 2015 since my official PGWP was issued on NOV,25,2014.
2: Can i apply or request CIC to extend my Open work permit with the same job offer before three months of my work permit expires with out a LMIA beacuse my employer is not interested in doing LMIA, Since he felt it as an expensive process for him.

Although i have a bunch of more questions i dont wanna trigger them at one time i hope answers for these two questions would be key to rest of them. Thank you so much for taking time to read this topic.

Looking forward for a positive response! Have a great weekrnd.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Not eligible sorry

sindhu1987 said:
Hi Everyone,

First I would like to thank Canada Visa Immigration Forum for establishing a platform to discuss on various issues regarding immigration policies, streams etc. After my extensive research on this site, I truly believe this is an incredible application which provides an opportunity to make your dreams come true with ease and strength.

As everyone has a story in canada i do have one certainly, which is going to be very complex if i dont awake from day dreams quickly and start discussing the facts with people in this forum that put me in right direction to reach the destination with less constraints.

I'm an international student who got graduated in Sep, 2014 and currently having Post Graduation work permit (open Work Permit) issued on NOV,25, 2014 which is valid for one year that expires on NOV-25, 2015. I started working as full time employee since Sep 17, 2014 as a Retail Supervisor being paid $11/Hr for 32 - 40 hours a week consistently till date in a franchise based company.In this process few questions raised in my mind, they are as follows.

1: Would i be eligible to apply for Permanent residence under CEC category by sep, 17 of this year 2015 since my official PGWP was issued on NOV,25,2014.
2: Can i apply or request CIC to extend my Open work permit with the same job offer before three months of my work permit expires with out a LMIA beacuse my employer is not interested in doing LMIA, Since he felt it as an expensive process for him.

Although i have a bunch of more questions i dont wanna trigger them at one time i hope answers for these two questions would be key to rest of them. Thank you so much for taking time to read this topic.

Carbide86

Jan 6, 2015
Udonthani
Category........
Visa Office......
CEC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
IELTS Request
submitted along with App
File Transfer...
22-04-2014
Med's Request
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
08-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
LANDED..........
20-08-2015
[Hi sindhu1987,
You may be eligible for the CEC but I can't guarantee that 100% based on my experienced. The only issue that I can see is your wage may be quite low for the job that you do. I would find the consultant and ask for the advise for a better option for you. Let see what other say.

Good luck my friend.
]
Hi Everyone,

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Wage makes you ineligible under new rules. As long as you are on this wage that period will not count towards your CEC time.

Carbide86 said:
[Hi sindhu1987,
You may be eligible for the CEC but I can't guarantee that 100% based on my experienced. The only issue that I can see is your wage may be quite low for the job that you do. I would find the consultant and ask for the advise for a better option for you. Let see what other say.

Good luck my friend.
]
Hi Everyone,

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
There is no minimum wage requirement( But it can't be non-paid job). Also, your experience will be counted from the issuing date on your PGWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=665&t=6

Salmanurul

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June,2014
AOR Received.
7th August,2014
IELTS Request
Subitted with the Application
Med's Request
5th February, 2015
Med's Done....
13th February 2015, Recieived 20th February,2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29 April,2015 ( Upfront Rprf 17th March,2015)
VISA ISSUED...
15th May (Decesion Made 1st May)
LANDED..........
31st May (Passport received 29th May)
gss89x said:
There is no minimum wage requirement( But it can't be non-paid job). Also, your experience will be counted from the issuing date on your PGWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=665&t=6
Seconded

navkaur_151

May 30, 2015
You are eligible I was graduated in dec 2014 started working in jan 2015 .... Gt my work permit approved in april 2015.... But I called cic to confirm when I am eligible , they clearly told me it depends on my experience, I would be eligible in jan 2016 ... .. and yes there is no minimum wage but sometimes they do consider if its too low .. 11 is too low as a supervisor

DoctorWho

Mar 23, 2015
Hi sindhu1987,

To address your questions:

1. If your PGWP was issued in November 2014, how did you start working in September 2014? If you were working on an off-campus work permit, then that's fine, and all the time will count so long as you were not studying at the same time (because any work experience you gain while you were a student does not count for CEC). If you started working without a proper authorization, then it's a issue.

To be qualified to CEC you must have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada and pass a language test with minimum marks that correspond to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code that you are applying under. So if you remain employed until September, you will have your 12 months of work experience. I would recommend you take a test (CELPIP or IELTS, either will do) now to make sure you pass and check it off your list of things to do.

Having said that though, I must mention that from what I hear, without an LMIA, it is very difficult to gather enough points to be invited to apply for CEC though Express Entry. (I presume you know that, as of January 2015, one cannot apply directly for CEC. All applications are now channeled through Express Entry.) How many points you get will depend on many things, like your English/French proficiency, foreign work experience, education, etc.

2. I think you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) only if you already have your application being processed by CIC (that is, if you've already been chosen from the Express Entry pool and CIC has intaken your application and confirmed that your are indeed eligible for permanent residence).

All in all, given the complexity of the new system, I would strongly advise you to talk to an immigration lawyer who will assess your situation, let you know what your options are and help you make informed decisions. Better to be safe than sorry.

I hope this helps a bit.

sindhu1987 said: