+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I able to Travel while CEC-EE in Process?

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Hello Members,

I need to go back to India temporarily(urgent) due to some family issue for 2-3 months but have to confirm 2 things:

My Details below to determine my situation:
  1. Valid PGWP - Expires in 2023
  2. TRV - Expired, applied in Jan-2021 (No Update)
  3. Express Entry CEC - applied in April (Medical passed, no further updates)
  4. Current working for a Canadian company and will continue work from home in India
Ques 1) What to do in a situation if TRV gets approved while I am in India?
  • Would I be able to submit my passport in India for stamping?
  • If no, what are the other options?
Ques 2) What to do if they approve my Express entry profile while I am in India?
  • Would I be able to get my PR card in India or PRTD?
  • if no, what other options I have?
I understand that I cannot come back to Canada without TRV so what should one do in this situation.

I shall be thankful :)

D10

Mar 31, 2021
I have a very similar question: I currently hold a valid PGWP and visa. If my Express Entry application is approved while I'm in another country, can I come back using my valid visa? Or am I supposed to stay in Canada while the application is being processed?

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
I have a very similar question: I currently hold a valid PGWP and visa. If my Express Entry application is approved while I'm in another country, can I come back using my valid visa? Or am I supposed to stay in Canada while the application is being processed?

You can come back with the valid TRV you have but you have to inform the officer that you are in some different country.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Members,

I need to go back to India temporarily(urgent) due to some family issue for 2-3 months but have to confirm 2 things:

My Details below to determine my situation:
  1. Valid PGWP - Expires in 2023
  2. TRV - Expired, applied in Jan-2021 (No Update)
  3. Express Entry CEC - applied in April (Medical passed, no further updates)
  4. Current working for a Canadian company and will continue work from home in India
Ques 1) What to do in a situation if TRV gets approved while I am in India?
  • Would I be able to submit my passport in India for stamping?
  • If no, what are the other options?
Ques 2) What to do if they approve my Express entry profile while I am in India?
  • Would I be able to get my PR card in India or PRTD?
  • if no, what other options I have?
I understand that I cannot come back to Canada without TRV so what should one do in this situation.

I shall be thankful :)
You have a valid PGWP, so you are legally in Canada.

You don't have a a valid Visa. If you leave now, you will not be able to come back until a new visa is issued (irrespective of having a valid Work permit). You can leave, you will just not be able to return.
The fact that your CEC application is being processed doesn't keep you from travelling, it is the fact that you won't be able to return because you don't currently hold a valid visa.

If the PR is approved while you are away you should let them know, they'll let you know what the steps are. Usually you can simply wait to come back.