+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I able to apply to universities as a domestic student?

BAYYARI

Jul 18, 2015
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I applied for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) based on H&C grounds because I left Canada when I was 1 year old, and got my passport stamped with a PRTD category RC-1.
My question is, Am I now considered a permanent resident and can I apply to universities as a domestic student? I have my IMM 1000 and my PRTD ready to go to Canada when I get accepted.

Note that I do not have a permanent resident card yet.

If I can't prove my permanent resident status without a PR Card, can I apply for one as soon as I arrive in Canada or do I have to wait for 2 years before applying? And how long will it take to process my PR Card if I can get one?

Thank you for your help and sorry if this is not the correct board to post this topic on.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
BAYYARI said:
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I applied for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) based on H&C grounds because I left Canada when I was 1 year old, and got my passport stamped with a PRTD category RC-1.
My question is, Am I now considered a permanent resident and can I apply to universities as a domestic student? I have my IMM 1000 and my PRTD ready to go to Canada when I get accepted.

Note that I do not have a permanent resident card yet.

If I can't prove my permanent resident status without a PR Card, can I apply for one as soon as I arrive in Canada or do I have to wait for 2 years before applying? And how long will it take to process my PR Card if I can get one?

Thank you for your help and sorry if this is not the correct board to post this topic on.
First off you are asking your question in the wrong forum. This is for Canadian Experience Class.
Secondly you are using shorts/initials that I'm sure nobody is familiar with in here. Again wrong forum.
And lastly if you have a permanent resident status, meaning they can look you up on their systems, you have a sin number and health card registered, you won't have any trouble registering as a domestic student anytime.

Ask your question in General section of the website.

Best of luck,