+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I a PR right after landing while waiting for the PR card?

zivshek

Sep 15, 2017
So, finally! After a year and a month of waiting, we got scheduled for a landing interview on Mar. 5th, this afternoon!

My wife was admitted to Algonquin College, 2020 May entry, I am a little bit worried if we could receive our PR card before that and change our status from international student to domestic. As far as I know, we can apply for the new SIN as soon as we land, does that mean we would be PR right after landing? And are we counted as domestic students even with no PR card yet? Much appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So, finally! After a year and a month of waiting, we got scheduled for a landing interview on Mar. 5th, this afternoon!

My wife was admitted to Algonquin College, 2020 May entry, I am a little bit worried if we could receive our PR card before that and change our status from international student to domestic. As far as I know, we can apply for the new SIN as soon as we land, does that mean we would be PR right after landing? And are we counted as domestic students even with no PR card yet? Much appreciated!
You are PRs as soon as you complete your landing. You need to check with the school about the documentation requirements.

Reactions: zivshek