+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alternative to Letter of Employment?

manu0122

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

I have received ITA to apply under the Canadian experience class. I have also included that I have a valid offer letter in my express entry profile. While trying to submit my application, it is asking me for both "Offer of Employment" and "Letter Of Employment". I do have a valid Offer of Employment but when checked with my HR, my company is reluctant to provide an official letter of employment. Is there any other way I could claim this document. I also have a reference letter signed by my supervisor and bonafide letter from my employer. Do they work? Can someone please suggest. Should it be a letter from the company HR persona only?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi,

I have received ITA to apply under the Canadian experience class. I have also included that I have a valid offer letter in my express entry profile. While trying to submit my application, it is asking me for both "Offer of Employment" and "Letter Of Employment". I do have a valid Offer of Employment but when checked with my HR, my company is reluctant to provide an official letter of employment. Is there any other way I could claim this document. I also have a reference letter signed by my supervisor and bonafide letter from my employer. Do they work? Can someone please suggest. Should it be a letter from the company HR persona only?
Two different things, you claimed 50 points for having a valid job offer, for EE job offer is different than conventional terms, particularly CEC ,Job offer is only valid if it meets following:

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
There is no alternative you job offer you need meet the above conditions and prove you do, otherwise lose 50 points you claimed. Absolutely no way out of it.

Letter of employment is simply a reference letter from your company that states your current pay, weekly hours and all that information. (checklist info is best to know what to include).

The letter you got is good for employment records. Which you need to show you have atleast one year of experience in Canada to qualify for CEC along with previous paystubs, T4s and stuff.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

The Letter of Employment (reference letter) is a mandatory document that describes to your (past) Canadian work experience, and must include dates of employment, job title(s), hours worked per week, salary/wage/remuneration, and JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. If the reference letter signed by your supervisor includes all of these details, then it is quite OK.

The job offer letter (Offer of Employment) is again, completely different. It is is a future offer of employment, for after you become a permanent resident. It is not a mandatory document, it is only for those who wish to claim the points for having a valid job offer (AKA arranged employment). You have not provided enough information to indicate whether you are actually eligible to claim arranged employment (requirements vary by type of work permit - what type of work permit do you have?).

Jai2020

Jan 15, 2021
The Letter of Employment (reference letter) is a mandatory document that describes to your (past) Canadian work experience, and must include dates of employment, job title(s), hours worked per week, salary/wage/remuneration, and JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. If the reference letter signed by your supervisor includes all of these details, then it is quite OK.

The job offer letter (Offer of Employment) is again, completely different. It is is a future offer of employment, for after you become a permanent resident. It is not a mandatory document, it is only for those who wish to claim the points for having a valid job offer (AKA arranged employment). You have not provided enough information to indicate whether you are actually eligible to claim arranged employment (requirements vary by type of work permit - what type of work permit do you have?).
What will be the offer letter if you have LMIA based job(closed work permit of 2 years ).I already finished one year continuous work with my company and based on that applied for PR.I got ITA and while filling form there is a document section called OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
What document should I upload in my scenario??

meenujjoy31

Nov 1, 2021

Wrong, letter of employment is only required when you have a valid job offer