+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already submitted my citizenship and need to re-new my passport

Mjaber

Apr 25, 2014
I applied on citizenship three months ago.. My passport is about to expire and I need to renew it.
What should I do in this case?
Should I inform cic about my new passport details and how (by post or email)?
Will that delay my application processing and makes my application re-enter the queue from the beginning again?
Thanks in advance for your help.

josekaram

Oct 26, 2018
I applied on citizenship three months ago.. My passport is about to expire and I need to renew it.
What should I do in this case?
Should I inform cic about my new passport details and how (by post or email)?
Will that delay my application processing and makes my application re-enter the queue from the beginning again?
Thanks in advance for your help.
I will speak about my son's experience. We have compulsory military service in our home country so his passport is renewed annually. It was expired in April 2018 and he had already applied in March 2018. He got the test invite and the subject was not brought up during the interview and his status was changed to Decision made the next day. As long as you have the passports you used during the eligibility period and the stamps are translated (if they are in any other language other than English or French) I don't think there is a problem and it won't be raised up

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
I will speak about my son's experience. We have compulsory military service in our home country so his passport is renewed annually. It was expired in April 2018 and he had already applied in March 2018. He got the test invite and the subject was not brought up during the interview and his status was changed to Decision made the next day. As long as you have the passports you used during the eligibility period and the stamps are translated (if they are in any other language other than English or French) I don't think there is a problem and it won't be raised up
Hi,

can you please advise on the below if possible?

I have renewed my passport in December 2014 and I arrived for landing ( July 2015), now I applied for the citizenship and I m supposed to provide travel documents for the last 5 years, so since November 2013, and the old passport I never brought with me to Canada and I'm not sure where it is now, I sent copy of 1st page with my application as I have a scan for it already, do you think I must show it in the interview or the officer wont ask for it as it was expired 6 months before I came to Canada as a PR.

thanks

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi,

can you please advise on the below if possible?

I have renewed my passport in December 2014 and I arrived for landing ( July 2015), now I applied for the citizenship and I m supposed to provide travel documents for the last 5 years, so since November 2013, and the old passport I never brought with me to Canada and I'm not sure where it is now, I sent copy of 1st page with my application as I have a scan for it already, do you think I must show it in the interview or the officer wont ask for it as it was expired 6 months before I came to Canada as a PR.

thanks
All passports held during eligibility period for last 5 years will be checked during interview.

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
All passports held during eligibility period for last 5 years will be checked during interview.
thank you for your reply, I know the general rule for sure but was not looking for a generic answer, the fact is that I can't provide this passport which I don't have anymore and didn't know that I will need it, as I will have during the interview my current passport which I have before 8 months before I arrived to Canada and has the immigration visa on it, if anyone had similar situation knowledge, I had help from the community center in filling my application and according to the citizenship consultant it should be okay with the CO during the interview!